Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Blizzard Survey, Remote AH, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead
    Can't believe people would actually pay for another character slot. Blizzard knows people will actually spend money on this, so they will do it.
    I heard that Blizzard has made around 4 millions of profits within the first 4 hours after the release of the ugliest and useless mount ever. *cough* Celestial Steed *cough*

So yeah, they can ask subscribers to pay to get something we should get for free in a patch or an xpantion.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Case in point.
    I think the point is that you might want to focus on a couple dozen or so of those 50 characters instead of starting more.

Odds are you can delete 3/4 of those as you haven't played them since Vanilla ><

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    I think the point is that you might want to focus on a couple dozen or so of those 50 characters instead of starting more.

Odds are you can delete 3/4 of those as you haven't played them since Vanilla ><
    Yeah, pretty much. :P Anybody that has actually run out of space and has no characters he or she is willing to delete probably would be very happy to pay a fee for more character slots, seeing as they've obviously already poured a vast, vast, vast amount of time into the game.

15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard is digging holes much?

Fail if they would implant that ... this game is going nowhere :/
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

It better be 5$ or less then, ONE time cost as well. There are other MMOs out there that charge more money for more character slots per MONTH. Lets hope this doesn't happen.

I'm willing to do it if the cost is right, but with the overcharging for mounts/fraction/server transfers I expect it to be around 20-30$ /sigh.

Paying for extra slots? Come the fuck on now. Im pretty faithful to my server, and thusly my barn has filled up. I would gladly sacrifice the option of having 50 characters over all servers, to have more than [whatever the max is] on a single server.

I can understand there were probably technical limitations in vanilla and BC, maybe even Wrath...but combine Moore's law and all the money they are raking in, I think they can easily accommodate us.

If this does happen, this better be a 'free' service, or a part of Cata.
    Plays: Ayalafatalis (80 UD rogue), Benedicttine (70+ UD priest), Hygelac (70+ Troll Hunter), Hauntress (70+ UD Death Knight). Sentinels US server

10+ Year Old Account

For all that is holy....don't make us pay if we want another character slot!

Don't they have enough money? :<

I see thay changed the policy to ... relese evey 1-2 monts a Pay-To-Have-This, the ideea of paying to get an extra slot for a char is just way to greedy, i mean they will relese an expansion with 2 new races + new 1-60 quests etc, ofc people will reroll... but HEY! pay for the xpac and pay for a slot and you can make that new toon.
    Next xpac = new class = Buy buy some more slots! I want to see it then how many will pay for the slot to play the new class, after they payed for the expansion. This company it's getting way to greedy.

15+ Year Old Account

Depending on the price point I wouldn't mind an extra spot, but 25$ is a bit much. Maybe 10$

Deleted

it's gonna get better when they finally release Dance Studio and premium moves for $

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by asgarth
    I heard that Blizzard has made around 4 millions of profits within the first 4 hours after the release of the ugliest and useless mount ever. *cough* Celestial Steed *cough*

So yeah, they can ask subscribers to pay to get something we should get for free in a patch or an xpantion.
    Hmm, if the steed would be the rarest mount evar and only you had it...................you'd think it rocks (because that is how people like you are). Sorry that you can't be a special snowflake, now go to dalaran and pose on your ugly and useless proto drake.

On topic:
    I don't really need an extra char slot so I don't care either way.

Also, I'd love to attend that music thingy.

For all of the QQ aimed at character slots having a small fee attatched to them:

Pretend you decided to go for supper at a nice resteraunt. It's a popular resteraunt, and it's clearly quite successful. After eating your dinner, your waiter or waitress comes to your table, takes your dishes and asks if you'd like to purchase a dessert. Do you A. Say yes, and the waiter or waitress goes off to retreive for you a dessert menu, B. Say no, and get up to pay for your meal, or C. Flip the fuck out because they'd charge you for dessert.

If Blizzard were to charge for extra character slots on realms, it's a service for them to add them on, which means you pay for it. It's also not necessary, and you can go on your way without.

YEA DOOD JAMIE LEE CURTIS THINKS WOW IS COOL!!!

....Activia!....

Been asking for more character slots for ages. And I would GLADLY pay for more slots on my current account rather than pay for a new account entirely. Let's hope this goes through.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon
    For all of the QQ aimed at character slots having a small fee attatched to them:

Pretend you decided to go for supper at a nice resteraunt. It's a popular resteraunt, and it's clearly quite successful. After eating your dinner, your waiter or waitress comes to your table, takes your dishes and asks if you'd like to purchase a dessert. Do you A. Say yes, and the waiter or waitress goes off to retreive for you a dessert menu, B. Say no, and get up to pay for your meal, or C. Flip the fuck out because they'd charge you for dessert.

If Blizzard were to charge for extra character slots on realms, it's a service for them to add them on, which means you pay for it. It's also not necessary, and you can go on your way without.
    How did you get from WoW to a fancy restaurant?
    The fact that they will relese allmost every expansion a new race/class will fill up your slots fast, so you will be faces with a stupid decision = Buy that expansion but to play that new class you have to pay more $ .. for a slot.. how dose that restaurant thingy comes in?

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon

What a shitty example. Blizz charging for slots and a restaurant charging for dessert are two completely different things. Its like people trying to compare The Beatles to Led Zeppelin.
    Plays: Ayalafatalis (80 UD rogue), Benedicttine (70+ UD priest), Hygelac (70+ Troll Hunter), Hauntress (70+ UD Death Knight). Sentinels US server

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Blue posts
    [blizzquote]Existing Currencies/Badges in Cataclysm
    We think it's fair to let you know what's going to happen to all of that old currency. It's not yet time for us to discuss that entire plan, but we'll do so in enough time for your to react.

Overall, you can expect that there won't be much motivation to hoard and even less to go out and farm old content in preparation for the Cataclysm launch.

We would definitely like to get some of that stuff out of your currency UI so you don't have to look at that lonely Badge of Justice for the rest of your character's career. (Source)
    That´s one thing i´ve been wating to hear some Blizz-info on, is there any point in saving some
    Wintergrasp Commendation´s for Cata or should i just blow the couple of hundred of those i have
    on some fresh lvl 80 alt?

Quote Originally Posted by edw
    How did you get from WoW to a fancy restaurant?
    The fact that they will relese allmost every expansion a new race/class will fill up your slots fast, so you will be faces with a stupid decision = Buy that expansion but to play that new class you have to pay more $ .. for a slot.. how dose that restaurant thingy comes in?
    Because you don't have to buy dessert if you don't want to. If you don't want to have that new class as a character you might level to max level, might as well make it on another server. And the resteraunt was an analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by ayalafatalis
    What a shitty example. Blizz charging for slots and a restaurant charging for dessert are two completely different things. Its like people trying to compare The Beatles to Led Zeppelin.
    How is it a bad example? The idea is you choose to buy or you don't.