Healing as a Holy Priest

So here is my situation fellow priests .

Our holy priest is not going to be able to make it in the next month or so, and since we have a new Rogue applicant, we are going to let him fill my rogue spot for the month while I opted to heal on the holy priests character.

He will stay holy, no going disc :P.

I really don't have the first clue to healing as holy, i know disc well, just not holy, can someone tell me what spells to use when, how to best tank heal, and just some helpful pointers (5SR what?)

Thanks, from a fellow priest .
    Even my horse has a Celestial Steed.
    http://imgur.com/kIg56.png

Re: Healing as a Holy Priest

frist of all. your not a tank healer.
    You can keep an odd renew on the tank and spot them with POM(pray of mending) and a flash heal
    Keep the raid topped up. using renew or flash. depending on the fight( lady death=flash) (Fester=renew)
    COH is ur bread and butter IF USED RIGHT.
    When u reach three stack of serendipity.. UNLOAD WITH A POH(prayer of healing) When needed. if not needed. sit on your stacks and keep throwing renew/flashs/coh/pom

If u use greater heal. delete ur account and start playing hello kitty island adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by xpriestman
    frist of all. your not a tank healer.
    You can keep an odd renew on the tank and spot them with POM(pray of mending) and a flash heal
    Keep the raid topped up. using renew or flash. depending on the fight( lady death=flash) (Fester=renew)
    COH is ur bread and butter IF USED RIGHT.
    When u reach three stack of serendipity.. UNLOAD WITH A POH(prayer of healing) When needed. if not needed. sit on your stacks and keep throwing renew/flashs/coh/pom

If u use greater heal. delete ur account and start playing hello kitty island adventure.
    Thanks for the information, got a few follow up questions if you don't mind :P.

What is defined as using COH right?

and also

What exactly is the 5SR (5 second rule)?

Thanks again.

bump because im expected to heal heroic sindragosa tonight >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeysan
    What is defined as using COH right?

and also

What exactly is the 5SR (5 second rule)?

Thanks again.
    CoH should not be blindly used on CD, but when there are multiple people who have dipped low enough to demand rapid recovery, where the healing done will not mostly go to waste. If everyone is at 80%+, HoTs will be restoring them the balance, and the emergency effectiveness of the smart heal component of CoH is wasted. An exception to this would be fights with massive persistent raid damage components, like P3 H Sindragosa / Putricide.

5SR is where, after 5 seconds of not having completed a cast that costs you mana, you begin to regain mana at the full 'out of combat' rate as shown on your character screen. Once this state is achieved, you will continue to regain mana at this rate until you complete casting a spell that costs you mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeysan
    bump because im expected to heal heroic sindragosa tonight >.>
    You'll be spending a LOT of time in 5SR tonight then, as you really can't just go on casting when you have Unchained Magic on heroic. And that's a fight where you'll pretty much be using CoH and PoM every time it's off CD. Very challenging fight for healers -- one thing we did that was minor but helped was to put a couple of healing priests in party with the tanks. This allows them to abuse LoS and throw a heal on the tanks via self-targeting PoH while dropping debuff stacks behind a block. Not as nice as the pally BoL LoS trick, but still can make the difference.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    one thing we did that was minor but helped was to put a couple of healing priests in party with the tanks. This allows them to abuse LoS and throw a heal on the tanks via self-targeting PoH while dropping debuff stacks behind a block. Not as nice as the pally BoL LoS trick, but still can make the difference.
    I have used that trick to heal the last boss of H AN, the stupid tank charged off too far and locked me out lol

But yeah +1 to the tips from bigslick