Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Druid Cataclysm Talent Preview

Hah, awesome!
    Balance tree look insane at 85lev - u just have too much points to spend!
    I created some test build ( http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#0EMfodcqIdIIkfdbZbxczb ) and it was hard to put last 6-8 point somewhere ;D

Did u guy realize that feral charge is back in pvp (yaaaaaaaaaa ).I can already see a spec with solar beam,feral charge and resto points till improved barkskin.BRING IT ON PRIESTS :P

Absolutely atrocious talent spread for Resto. The new talent spread requires resto druids to take a significant number of dps talents in the balance tree for Natures Splender (increases duration on hots). I am also still greatly against the idea of a CD for resto. Talents reaffirmed my decision to quit the game

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Blargh! I'm gonna be "that guy" and say WTF Blizz.... WhTF are you giving Resto Druids Balance shit?!

Farking hell...We're there to heal...not dps you tards. If I wanted to dps...Id roll a lazor chicken.

Get fucked Blizz.
    Main: Tehblùe Alts: Clareical, Tehbangin
    Co-GM <Glory After Death> | Moderator for #trancefamily. Come join the family :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wotch
    Absolutely atrocious talent spread for Resto. The new talent spread requires resto druids to take a significant number of dps talents in the balance tree for Natures Splender (increases duration on hots). I am also still greatly against the idea of a CD for resto. Talents reaffirmed my decision to quit the game
    Right with ya mate. Fuck Blizzard.
    Main: Tehblùe Alts: Clareical, Tehbangin
    Co-GM <Glory After Death> | Moderator for #trancefamily. Come join the family :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.

Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

This....WINS!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotch
    By "significant number of dps talents" you mean the ONE filler point that isn't spent on utility/mana cost reduction/healing improvement? You can get all the most important PvE-resto talents at level 79 even: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#0VGcokZZf0ftfkfxRAcoVo

The 6 remaining points (at 85) you can spend on whatever you like. Also bear in mind that these talents are not yet final.

I am super excited about the changes to resto. It will be an amazing ride.

Very mixed feelings here. Like what they have done with feral, especially bear. Like what they are doing with Moonkin though I think it's still a work in progress.

I hate what they are doing with restro. Hate it. I'm totally not convinced that it will be good for PvP. The ranged silence is easily avoided and so has very limited utility. I do not like the idea of restro in PvP being a mix of offense and defense. It's ok with cyclone and so on but Spellsurge as PvP?? Hell no!! We are healers after all.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous
    the beam last 12 seconds silencing any1 standing in it
    Rogue cheap/kidney a priest and Boomkin beaming him so he can't pain supp in stun....WAIT WHAT?!
    Sounds like Boomkin is gonna be a BoomGOD in Cata PvP

Anyway, LOVE the Feral changes, but they need to refine them for PvP. The Ravage thing is good, but back requirement still hurts =(

15+ Year Old Account

Lunar Justice [NYI](3 points) - When you kill a target that yields experience or honor, a ray of moonlight will shine underneath the fallen enemy instantly restoring 2/4/6% of your base mana to you or the first ally who stands underneath it. Lunar Justice lasts for 15 seconds.

That is cool. Now I can ninja mana from Boomies.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#0ZiMIbR0rtcfzbGzhto0Eczb

Is what I think a bear tank will look like.

The last three points are iffy. I'd put them in Predatory Instincts. A case could be made for putting them in either Fury Swipes (I don't like; it's too streaky) or King of the Jungle (same reason) or Primal Madness (the value of this depends on just how rage starved bears get in cata)

Wrath of Cenarius [NYI] (3 points) - While moving, the direct damage of your Moonfire spell is increased by 5% and its mana cost is reduced by 10% for 3 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times and lasts 3 seconds, but is refreshed as long as you are in movement.

MOONFIRE SPAM !!!!!!!!

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

So, where is that Decision making they were talking about? Seems like I can take all applicable talents in main and off-trees without a challenge to choose one or another. I'd say they need to spend alot of time shuffling talents around to actually have the options to off-spec into.
    looked at Disc, 2xResto, shadow specs for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#0ZiMIbR0rtcfzbGzhto0Eczb

Is what I think a bear tank will look like.

The last three points are iffy. I'd put them in Predatory Instincts. A case could be made for putting them in either Fury Swipes (I don't like; it's too streaky) or King of the Jungle (same reason) or Primal Madness (the value of this depends on just how rage starved bears get in cata)
    Remember that in Cataclysm, Demoralizing Roar and its equivalents will reduce damage taken (by 10%, I think?) rather than reducing enemy attack power. With this in mind, I think Feral Aggression will be taken by all tanks. How many points they put in it is another matter.

However, as damage reduction is always popular with tanks, I'd even go so far to say that I'd take the three points left, and the two from Brutal Impact, and put all five in Feral Agression. It's too bad the talent is still saying something about attack power reduction. They must not have caught that.

Predatory Strikes (2 points) - Increases the critical strike chance of your Ravage by 50/25% at or above 90% health, and your finishing moves have a 10/20% chance per combo point to make your next Nature spell with a base casting time less than 10 seconds become an instant cast spell

I'm going to assume its 25/50% because talents shouldn't get worse as you add more, right?

Anyways, mixed up in the talent calculator.
    Signatures are overrated.

I love some of the new feral talents. Things that let us use ravage in PvE (for example) is pretty sweet.

On the other hand, doesn't look like much in the way of optional talents. I made myself a feral build, taking everything I consider a dps increasing talent. And I had -1 talent point left over at 85.

Didn't realise nobody knew about these, alpha is good 8)

Don't know if i like all the buffs to ravage, i think the ability needs to be less expensive to really be worth while using. If they really want it used they should get it 2 generate 3-4 cps when it crits

This would mean it wouldnt interfer with cp generation for pve rotation, also it wont hinder pressure in arenas as u could pretty much SR after u open making it a worth while opener as well as a good finisher when combined with FB on a near death opponent after using the new Improved Feral Charge

Also this is what i think a raiding kitty build might look like
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=-AL1282SiHiJcG7.9dw.druid

Tree of Life (1 point) - Requires 5 points in Empowered Rejuvenation - Shapeshift into the tree of Life, increasing healing done by 15% and increasing your armor by 240%, but reducing your movement speed by 50%. In addition, some of your spells are temporarly enhanced while shapeshifted. Lasts 45 seconds. 5-minute cooldown. Enhanced spells: Lifebloom, Wild Growth, Regrowth, Entangling Roots, Thorns, Wrath
    So... this isn't a permanent shapeshift anymore, we heal in humanoid form all the time, and tree is more of an ohshit button for 45 seconds of enhanced healing probably during a boss fight? I kinda think I like this, seeing as I like to run around and heal in elf form anyway and everyone's like "Omfg go tree" :

Quote Originally Posted by icchi
    Did u guy realize that feral charge is back in pvp (yaaaaaaaaaa ).I can already see a spec with solar beam,feral charge and resto points till improved barkskin.BRING IT ON PRIESTS :P
    Oookay, I dont know were this chalange to priests comes from, but sure Ill bring it on. Might even lolsmite you to death with our new talents in the disc/holy tree.