Page 1 of 3
LastLast

lvling hunter with boa gear

hey just started lvling my hunter he is 15 atm with chest shoulders and 2x daggers boa. i am already pulling stuff from my pet with ease so my question is what spec is the best for lvling since my pet takes little to know dmg? and mobs are always coming after me

10+ Year Old Account

Re: lvling hunter with boa gear

Ever since the pet nerf, MM has been the best in my eyes at least, you do the most and damage and even as BM you'll still pull off your pet.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: lvling hunter with boa gear

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphernalia
    Ever since the pet nerf, MM has been the best in my eyes at least, you do the most and damage and even as BM you'll still pull off your pet.
    basically this. MM+BOAs= raining death upon everything in your path, and getting 2 second kills. Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM

Hmm. Is there a general spec/rotation then for leveling as MM? So far ive leveled my hunter up to 68 and now it seems if im not in aspect of the viper then I am pretty much guranteed to grab aggro off my pet. And trying to do most things in AotV just gets stupidly slow that I end up logging after doing a couple of the "kill xx bad guys" quest out of boredom. Ive leveled most toons and this seems to be the only one thats really kicking my ass for some reason.

with the boa gear you will just pull everything off your pet even with BM specc, and if your on a pvp realm, you might want to specc Surv for scatter etc, its tons of fun, but hey MM is also good i have a level 43 hunter running boa gear and my crits are so far off the charts its retarded for my level.

Level as MM.

Edit: removed the incorrect info.
    Last edited by Dominic42; 2010-06-12 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic42 View Post
    Level as MM. I HIGHLY recommend a dragonhawk pet, as the automatic slow on a 10 sec CD means your pet concussive shots every mob for you so you don't have to. For the most part, you'll kill stuff b4 it even gets close, and when stuff does get close, you can practice kiting with freezing trap, concussive shot, wing clip, etc.
    the dragonhawk skill is a slow/conc shot? i thought it was direct fire damage then a DoT with xx damage

Quote Originally Posted by Nzo View Post
    the dragonhawk skill is a slow/conc shot? i thought it was direct fire damage then a DoT with xx damage
    Oh crap that's right... I was thinking of Chimaeras... which thinking further is an exotic pet, thus is level 60+ BM only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ref View Post
    Hmm. Is there a general spec/rotation then for leveling as MM? So far ive leveled my hunter up to 68 and now it seems if im not in aspect of the viper then I am pretty much guranteed to grab aggro off my pet. And trying to do most things in AotV just gets stupidly slow that I end up logging after doing a couple of the "kill xx bad guys" quest out of boredom. Ive leveled most toons and this seems to be the only one thats really kicking my ass for some reason.
    Dont forget you can always MD your pet aswell .
    FD as often as you can , conc shot when you just pull him if fd on cd.
    also , you can take a gorilla or something like that and pick up talents like taunt etc. and ofc dont forget , growl on , cower off

Also, don't forget that levelling is *extremely* easy now, so you'll rip through it very quickly.

Yrene is also a noob.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

two words "Jump Shot"

Quote Originally Posted by marius_0228 View Post
    Dont forget you can always MD your pet aswell .
    FD as often as you can , conc shot when you just pull him if fd on cd.
    also , you can take a gorilla or something like that and pick up talents like taunt etc. and ofc dont forget , growl on , cower off
    MD isn't until 70.

I leveled BM with a spider pet which helped because they have a ranged root so you have 1-2 seconds to dps without mobs even moving. You can kill most mobs before they touch you this way, plus my spider held aggro decently enough. I also had the BoAs, I dont know if you have the bow or not but I reccomend it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    so kids just ninja, the friendships are temporary mounts are forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.
    Fine, I meant a raiding spec. For pvp, yes, it has some use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I levelled with full boa (shoulders, chest, 2 daggers,bow and 2xHaste trinks) in MM with wolf pet and tactic was : get max range and kill it till it gets in melee range and have your pet attack first/use conc shot if needed. It worked. Till 66 at least, thats how far i got before taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Fine, I meant a raiding spec. For pvp, yes, it has some use.
    Cataclysm can fix that =)

I also suggest you queue for the RDF (random dungeon finder) while you are questing, it really does makes things in general move much quicker, plus you can pick up some very nice blue equips in slots that are normally hard to fill with decent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ref View Post
    The "rotation" is mainly spam your instants (Start with Aimed) on a mob,loot,move on.As for the aggro issue,don't bother;no matter what your spec,you will pull aggro off the pet with BoA stuff.As for your mana problems,what I did was macro Viper and Hawk into a single hotkey and whenever I went OoC I would switch to viper.That mana regeneration seemed to be enough for me to go on and on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Cataclysm can fix that =)
    I'm beginning to feel as if you have a love obsession with BM, and it is amusing