Thread: Holy with PW:B?

Holy with PW:B?

Without taking pvp talents, I easily found enough points to put into the disc tree to get to PW:B. While this shield will never be as good as the disc priest, do y'all see holy priests maybe shielding the ranged while the disc shields meele?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Holy with PW:B?

In a raid setting? Probably.

I don't remember reading anything about PW:B causing weakened soul so it not being as powerfull as disc won't cause that same problems that PW:S does. As holy at this point i see no reason not to get it, as you said the points (atm at least) are easy to find and more priest with it will just mean more ground covered, even if disc is more powerfull.

I just hope it doesn't still cost an unholy rune when it goes live :P
    If you say "pls" becuase it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" becuase it's shorted than "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    no lol her dick was bigger than my own

There won't be enough talents in the holytree to fill up all talents. A holypriest will have to go into the disc tree anyway.

As far as I see it, a holypriest have two posisble paths. We can go down to get archangel, or we can stick the twindisc/innerfire and go PW:barrier. Probably everyone can get the barrier.

For non-hardcore raiding and 5man instances, the first option is probably the best; it allows you to help out of the DPS, while doing possibly enough healing to keep a well-geared tank alive by default. For high end raiding, you want a build optimized for pure healing anyway, so the smite talents will not be taken.

At least I will go for a holy/holysmite build in cataclysm. And I cannot wait

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

The way it looks now we'll be able to get PW:B but who knows what will change, it's already looking massively different from the trees posted a couple weeks ago.
    The only thing this made me wonder was wether multiple barriers would stack

Quote Originally Posted by VanTokkern View Post
    The only thing this made me wonder was wether multiple barriers would stack
    My guess is no. It seems far too "cheese" mode to have something like that. My guess it will have a CD like Lifegrip and PW:S (maybe 1 minute).

15+ Year Old Account
    i think that i will try first something like that http://www.wowtal.com/#k=YPYeIWjW0fTBvP.9dw.priest

it's a bit early to know what the healing style will be, but PW.B seem really nice. A good utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about Power Word: Barrier as Holy. It'll depend on how it scales with Discipline's Mastery and how useful it's base absorption will be.
    For now I'm thinking about this spec taking almost every healing talent in the Holy tree and going down in Discipline to Mental Agility.
    Now if PW:B turns out to be great as Holy I'll certainly take it but I wouldn't be too surprised if Blizzard decide to lower it's viability for Holy Priests
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I'm not sure about Power Word: Barrier as Holy. It'll depend on how it scales with Discipline's Mastery and how useful it's base absorption will be.
    For now I'm thinking about this spec taking almost every healing talent in the Holy tree and going down in Discipline to Mental Agility.
    Now if PW:B turns out to be great as Holy I'll certainly take it but I wouldn't be too surprised if Blizzard decide to lower it's viability for Holy Priests
    Well, one would assume a 3 min CD healing spell would be pretty damn good even with no talents affecting it, so I am certain that it will be a very attractive option for holy.