Cata Shadow Rotation

Well now that the talents are out, we can start light theorycrafting a cata shadow rotation. My guess is that with Mind Melt, Mind Spike will be a 50/50 filler spell with MF. I could see this rotation working out:
    DP, VT, MS, MS, MS, SW:P, SF, then just use flay when there are already 3 stacks of Mind Melt and keep MB and DoTs up.

Thoughts?

Re: Cata Shadow Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234
    DP, VT, MS, MS, MS, SW:P, SF, then just use flay when there are already 3 stacks of Mind Melt and keep MB and DoTs up.
    Google the Shadow Orb and Mindspike description. Just as a hint.

Re: Cata Shadow Rotation

i dont think tey let us put mind spike on our rotation exept if they decided to make shadowpriets tanks, especialy with ve on ur threat will be twice the tanks threat

As frmercury has said at shadowpriest.com, I do believe we might use MSp, at least once, to increase the cast time of MB, but there is also the fact that MSp consuming shadow orbs that might be a problem that is easily solved.

I don't think we will ever use Mindspike in a standard PvE Rotation.
    a) Mindspike has a very clear design goal, i doubt it will get anywhere over that.
    b) It provides a very high amount of threat combined with Mindblast.
    c) 1 less Tick of Flay already increases the chance to spawn NO Orbs in the Mindblast CD Frame by 6% (to over 40%). And this is not counting refreshing VT and DP.
    Then add in Spike consuming the average 1 Orb you spawn will probably result in a massive damage loss on Mindblast itself.

There is a reason for Mindspike to consume Orbs and to provide a very high amount of threat (when combined with Mindblast).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to participate in this discussion, but I can't see beyond the first page of threads so...

Yeah.

It just shows a 2nd page, there is none ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    I'd love to participate in this discussion, but I can't see beyond the first page of threads so...

Yeah.
    I'm with you on that, there has been several threads like that for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, that's cool, but... I'm confused now.