Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Cata resto pvp :)

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=fahyoZXy11MO.9dw.shaman

This will be cookie cutter spec for pvp...15% speed is not implented because, it wont increase ghost wolf speed...
    Focused Insight 5/5
    Ancetral Resolve 2/2
    Ancetral Knowlage 5/5

Now I didnt put glyphs, in only reason because they need to be updated...we will see later.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cata resto pvp :)

Still have in mind that its still alfa, we gonna get more changes..

If you plan on doing PvP, you'll probably want to remove a point from Nature's Guardian and put it into Shamanistic Focus.

* Shamanistic Focus is pretty much mandatory
    * 30% higher dispel resist > 3% less manacosts for healing spells (a lot of our mana isn't even used for healing in pvp so those 3 points are really wasted)
    * improved chainheal could be very nice in rated bg's, but is still bad in arena, so you either put two points in it, or none at all
    * purification will most definatly replaced, but no one knows yet with what
    * restorative Totems will likely be redesigned (at least the buff to mannaspring) as they are moving away from talents that buff buffs (see Priests, no imp. fortitude, or druid, no improved motw anymore)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys you see..shamanistic focus isnt must...no need for it..Nature's guardian saved my life many times..It wont betray me in cataclysm..even its not some crazy talent,but its still something.Now I hope restorative totems will be replaced or atleast redesigned.Chain heal "No" lol xD.And,For those dispels, RNG will be removed,so that doesnt come in mind, and still 5% less manacost is better...we dont have alot of spells that need to be dispelled.

Shamanistic Focus is used in conjunction with Focused Insight...

800mana Shock reduces next heal cost by 600 mana...yet you only spend 440 on the shock meaning you gain 160 mana from a Shock before a heal and it also increases said heal by 25% sounds pretty win to me.

As for the "we don't have a lot of spells that need to be dispelled"... Apparently you weren't playing resto pre-3.0..Earth Shield without dispel protection is laughable and takes all of ~6 seconds to be completely knocked off (including dispels from enemies as well as ticks from damage). Recasting ES every 5-6 seconds is incredibly mana intensive as well as eating a GCD you probably could have used on something better.

As far as Ancestral Swiftness goes I sincerely hope they keep it in game. I could give a shit less about GW'ing indoors...not being able to GW indoors has never kept me from doing anything at all. A constant 15% movement means we don't have to have a movement speed chant on boots or meta to perform in pvp and also allows us to do other things while moving where as GW does not (i.e. re-apply Flame Shock, Drop Stoneclaw/Grounding, NS+Heal, Re-Buff Shields, etc. etc.). GW is for quickly closing on your next target instead of stopping to wait for combat to drop and then mount. GW is not for running around while fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
    And,For those dispels, RNG will be removed,so that doesnt come in mind, and still 5% less manacost is better...we dont have alot of spells that need to be dispelled.
    It's not 5% less mana costs, it's 3%, cause you only need 3 points in the other talent, not 5. Hell, it's not even 3%, as I said, mana in pvp is not exclusively for healing. Those 3 talent points will be a maximum cost reduction of 2%. If you have 25k mana, thats like 500 mana more to spare, LOL.

And the dispell reduction, well... ok, we don't have a myriad of buffs that can be dispelled, but those who can are crucial: Heroism, Tidal waves, Tidal force, ghost wolf, Earth shield etc.... you want those to be dispelled with a 100% chance because of 500 mana? ok

And to repeat what the other poster said: Shamanistic focus + focused insight = win. Not even a resto pve specc should pass on this talent cause focused insight (as it looks now) gives you the buff after casting a shock, not landing one, so 0% hit = no problem
    Last edited by Cjeska; 2010-06-12 at 08:08 AM.

My talentbuild will totally depend on the value of crit in Cataclysm for Rshamans. When I was still playing I had a full mp5 set with like.. 11% crit? Aka stuff like ancestral awakening was a waste of points for me personally. I think regen will become an absolute MUST in Cataclysm tho, even more so than it is now for a Shaman in the 2's bracket/a non BLOWIN MA HEROISM SEEING STUFF DRAOOP - comp. Crit never, ever was a reliable or good mechanic for shaman-regen tbh, so if we'll end up with low-crit values I'm probaply just going to drop Ancestral Awakening/Blessing of the Eternals.

Furthermore, I DO in fact think that the +15% movement speed thingie looks REALLY nice. Not sure how it would work out in practise(we ARE in fact quite often in GW form, which it doesn't effect), but heck, that also costs gcd's and mana. Again really depends.

Also this talent build indeed does NOT look finished AT ALL. I mean, what the heck did actually change apart from 2 new talents and the removal of one, in the resto tree? It's become a terribly bloated tree.

Deleted
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=fahJI2T71mSH.9dw.shaman
    Would probaly be the best spec. But we have no idea how much we will be critting with the removale of our crit talents so Ancestral healing may not be worth taking. Also we might be using lesser healing wave instead of healing wave or the new greater healing wave. So healing way may not be worth taking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc View Post
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=fahJI2T71mSH.9dw.shaman
    Would probaly be the best spec. But we have no idea how much we will be critting with the removale of our crit talents so Ancestral healing may not be worth taking. Also we might be using lesser healing wave instead of healing wave or the new greater healing wave. So healing way may not be worth taking as well.
    They may adjust talents to provide extra crit % to certain spells. Also, we will have a lot more int. It will provide less mana per point (obviously) but blizz never metioned they would reduce its benefit to crit, which will give us like 3-6% more crit depending on pvp or pve gear (pvp wil gain more because its current int is lower and has to be on par to pve gear to have similar spellpower).

The specc linked looks like the one I would get, only difference: I would still max imp. Chain heal and drop one point from Nature's Guardian. Rated bg's... my 0.02$

Well, I think Toughness, now so easily reached, could be a real great talent. I've used it through Wrath in 2's mainly, and it's synergy with GW and your teammate slowing down the other melee DPS is really nice. Not to mention that the +10% HP has nice synergy with NG and general survivability.