Battegroup Queue Times

So currently queue times are based on Alliance to Horde activity ratios right? I.E. BGs with a High pop and a fairly even spread of horde and alliance get pretty fast queues correct? So Battlegroups like Cyclone/Reckoning/Nightfall are very good if you want to do a bit of PvP without waiting 10-15 min (like my server ).

I am just wondering, since they are now making all BGs just go by region, all servers in the given region will have the same queue times for Cata right? I.E. if I was going to xfer servers for a better BG queue time, it would be pointless now? (minus the time I have to wait for Cata)

Kalgan posted:

We're currently expecting both normal and rated battlegrounds to be cross-battlegroup (within a region) for the launch of Cataclysm. So, players queueing from anywhere in north america (for example) could play vs players on any north american battlegroup, etc. This applies to all regions, not just north america.

Yes, xfering servers would be pointless come cata for better queue times. The only way to get better queue times would be to faction xfer. No other way around it.

A bigger pool of players to play with. Should be lower bg queues!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selinax View Post
    A bigger pool of players to play with. Should be lower bg queues!
    Should be yes, but so should random bg queues have been (which they are not).

I'd be surprised if BG queues weren't instant come Cataclysm, when the whole regional BG system is implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!