Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "The classic Honor titles will be coming back and rewarded to the top teams each season. (Details on WoR)"

FUUUU!!!!

keep 'em oldschool :E

Screen shot looks like they even "removed" Dancing Troll Village

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    Garrosh the new warchief?!.....i puked when i read that.
    Man, it's like Blizzcon 2009, all over again. :P

I think the people complaining about people voicing their concerns/disdain about the scrapped game systems need to remember that the people who didn't like the ideas of PotT / Guild Talents are not the same people who are upset about their removal from the game. Also, expansions are defined by new features that are introduced that are different from what's come before; new races/dungeons/quests/professions are just SSDD -- none of these are 'new' new features that Blizzard has added to the game. The list of genuinely new features to the game has been shortened by this announcement. In fact, Cataclysm really is looking less and less like a genuine expansion but more like a "renewal" patch where a few zones added and the level cap raised a little.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2010-06-14 at 04:15 AM. Reason: preventing double post
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boub,wowhead seems a angry at you.
    I'm just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramis View Post
    I just hope they don't scrap reforging too...:/
    I've been saying for a while that reforging either will not be implemented, or will be very different than it has been presented so far. It has two problems: it gives too much power to LW/BS/Tailoring as professions, and it reduces the demand for specific item drops (thereby lowering the incentive to raid).

I'm not surprised to see Path of the Titans go away. It would be a huge departure from Blizzard's general philosophy on professions. I'm not troubled by it, though, and I'm sure I'll still do Archaeology on at least one toon. It sounds interesting.

On the 3000 quests thing, I wonder how many of those are pre-80 quests, possibly even just minor alterations to existing quests. Obviously the Barrens, for example, is going to have some of its questlines altered.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    How is cataclysm a content patch? There is 3000 quests compared to 1000 in Wotlk. There is more new zones than in Wotlk. There is revamped of most of the old zones. There are several instances with more to come in content patches. There is new spells and abilities.

I don't mind people QQ'ing at all, but how can you call this a content patch just because they removed 2 things that were always subject to change.

Even without them Cataclysm is shaping up to be the biggest expansion so far.
    Have fun taking your level 85 to the level 1 to 60 zones to see 2000 of those new quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did i just see a naga & a dragonskin in front of Garrosh'es hold

Deleted
    PotT would be a great thing for mmo game, but it's no big secret they have been turning the game to just a multiplayer game. Log in do some stuff, log off and no depth to it. That kind of game attracts the stupid crowd, same crowd who pays to see those horible hollywood movies like twilight, but that crowd also pays most dollars to blizzard via faction changes, celestial steeds etc. all kind of stuff an intelligent person dont pay. It's same thing happening to blizzard what happened to Square when they merged with Enix. Many good and original projects dumped down. The new http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/9287...iii/index.html cant get to 9/10 because it's too mainstream bullshit.

For me Blizzard always was a cool company with their unique products, but since the merge with all the changes made and with cancelling most interesting features of expansion has shattered my Blizzard image, atleast for me Blizzard is just a big sell-out. I always thought that with these faction changes, celestial steeds etc. they would really dedicate the cash for making cataclysm the bext expansion, but thats not the case apparrently. Cutting jobs, cutting everything, way to go.
    Last edited by mmoc8eb592856e; 2010-06-14 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    Man, it's like Blizzcon 2009, all over again. :P

I think the people complaining about people voicing their concerns/disdain about the scrapped game systems need to remember that the people who didn't like the ideas of PotT / Guild Talents are not the same people who are upset about their removal from the game. Also, expansions are defined by new features that are introduced that are different from what's come before; new races/dungeons/quests/professions are just SSDD -- none of these are 'new' new features that Blizzard has added to the game. The list of genuinely new features to the game has been shortened by this announcement. In fact, Cataclysm really is looking less and less like a genuine expansion but more like a "renewal" patch where a few zones added and the level cap raised a little.
    I'm sorry can you be more misinformed?

In what previous expansion did we have guild perks and guild reputation? It's not removed in case you did not notice. If anything those perks are just going to be more widely accessible to every guild that can simply come up with the gold required to level up their guild. In what previous expansion did they completely revamp the entire world, replace all quest hubs, replace and add all new battlegrounds with a brand new rated system? In what previous expansion did a previously neutral faction finally pick sides and decide to join forces with one or the other? What previous expansion completely changed the way classes work in the way they're changing say...hunters?

Oh and finally which expansion was it exactly that remade old world dungeons not only to fit more with the current level cap, but to fit into the new lore they're weaving? I seem to recall not one but TWO FULL EXPANSIONS with ten whole levels more of simply ignoring all old world content so you can enjoy sitting in a lag-infested sanctuary city spamming trade for crafters and people to join your raid groups. Not a lot of fun.

I'm going to be frank with you. Alot of the things they added in BC and WOTLK weren't really that great. BC introduced us to a WOW with incredibly boring and utterly impersonal PVP albeit with better rewards, WOTLK introduced us to a gimmick hero class that's now kind of become a joke. WOTLK introduced us to the utterly horrible idea that is vehicles.

One of the only things they really did right was removing a lot of grinding and helping to get players right into the middle of the action.

WOTLK also did one other great thing which has been so hard to balance. It gave us more incentive to pvp on our realm with the introduction of Wintergrasp. THAT is the kind of content we need to be seeing in WOW. PVP has been a real bore since they changed everything to cross server. As they implement more of these kind of changes (i.e. pvp being required rather than optional) the result is going to be more balanced populations on servers and an overall better community. Not to mention a better gaming experience.

If you honestly think the hand-holding horde vs. alliance crap they have going on now and forcing us to play cookie cutter specs is just great I'm going to be as nice as I can be when I say this but you don't have the slightest clue what made this game great to begin with.

I don't know what you're smoking homey Cataclysm looks like the best thing since Vanilla WoW.

But I'll give you this you're absolutely right Cata isn't really an expansion, it's more like World of Warcraft 2.
    Last edited by Bucky Mclachlan; 2010-06-14 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    Riiiiight, so, 3 features going away.. and what the fuck is this thing with rated battlegrounds? Seriously, screw Cataclysm.

I trust Blizz, in a way. They have high standards, and if stuff is being scrapped, it's because it wasn't working (Frankly, the guild talent system just spelled drama ahead). Still, I'm curious -- what are we paying for with this? Five new levels, and eight instances (versus the twelve that were available upon the initial release of WotLK). Thinking about this on the consumer end, I really hope Blizz doesn't plan on slapping the full price tag on this expansion, because I'm not really feeling up to paying that much for five new levels, and...what after that? I'm sure everything will turn out fine in the end, but right, things are looking pretty iffy. (My money's on them dropping gear reforging next. Any takers?)

15+ Year Old Account
    So...where's our worgen district? I was really looking forward to having a london-y area in Stormwind. Perhaps they'll build it on the ruins of the park in an upcoming patch? I'll be really REALLY disapointed if that idea got scrapped.

It really can't come fast enough now.

Looks like they bit off mmore than they could chew with this expantion. I hope its worth the wait. I dont like how they have removed a lot of the things we saw at Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Vasz; 2010-06-14 at 08:22 AM.

rofl...

Blizzard is rushing to try getting Cata out, so they make all these cool promises and then shoot the ideas down. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they cancelled Worgens and Goblins and said "instead, players may purchase Worgen and Goblin masks for a mere 1000g each!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    PotT has been praised as the big feature for advancing characters after you've hit 85. The accompanying archaelogy is now just a "fun" profession. That sounds like some of the best features have been dumped, and we're back to good ol' instance grinding. Too complex? I dunno. Maybe the true answer is: Sorry, but we're running out of time.
    I think you hit the nail on the head at the end there.

Smells to me like they are rushing it out now, It's June, so when can we expect Cata? not for at least 3-4 months, that means we'll have had wotlk for 2 years, which in it's self is pretty grim given Blizzards 'we aim to have one expansion out per year'(paraphrasing)

Can I see myself grinding ICC for another 4 months?.... not bloody likely.

F'n weak, Blizzard. F'n weak. Have already discontinued my subscription. I'll check back in 5-6 months.

1. vanilla - good, i loved it
    2. outland stuff - bad, it was boring
    3. lk - quite good, i had a lot of fun
    4. cata - seems bad

i'll wait since #5. even numbers < odd numbers.

Having cheered on Cata since we first learned about it, I find myself almost saddened that we're losing so much promised to us. I understand that they don't want to put out an incomplete expac, and that they don't want to make us wait (much) longer; but at this point, I feel kinda used. I mean, the hype behind guild talents, archaeology, and path of the titans have ended up being just that.

Is this a precedent we can expect from Blizzard now that we've seen it done twice? When they announce their next expansion, will we hear about 3-5 more things that will be parked by release in their idea scrapyard along with custom dances and the three I mentioned above?

I already cancelled my subscription 2 months back due to my partner giving birth to our first child, i still check mmo for news updates on cata as i was planning to renew my scubcription when it was released but after reading the news there removing half the stuff they got us hyped about and that i paid money to watch at blizzcon its a joke, no other word for it but a complete joke. How can you advertise an event and show off all your plans for a game and then lateron say nahhh sorry guys we'r not doing that, surely there is something very wrong and immoral about that. Can you imagine at E3 a company saying we'r making this game etc etc and then Ooops that was just a joke. Personally i now see cata as the same old wow with 5 extra levels, 2 new classes and a facelift BORING!!! I think this game has finally run its course

I don't like the guild changes. That's a bummer.