Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    protwar's are the most op'd spec in the game currently when geared well, which says a lot because theres a lot of stupid in the game now when geared well.
    It is one of the only specs able to reliably live through Wizard Cleave bursts without popping all cooldowns. But no it isn't OP.

This thread is ridiculous. And yes i'm a mage.

Stop whining, prot was VERY overpowered in PvP.
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

Wait, warriors bad at PvP? Sounds like someone doesn't live outside the box in their mother's basement.
    Warrior PvP is viable, or there would not be warriors in tournaments.
    Protection requires you to pay attention. Look, or ask to be flamed elsewhere.
    Provide good reasons aside from personal encounters if you are going to tell a whole lot of other people that a nerf has "destroyed" something.

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post

Stop whining, prot was VERY overpowered in PvP.

Mage saying other classes are Over Powered is ridiculous. Prot was the only class that gave mages a run for their money and they cried and cried until the spec is worthless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nerfedagain1 View Post
    We I was doing some threes and mages were able to tie me to the ground constantly. I was morphed, iced, ice-blocked....how is that even fair????
    Mages can ice block you now? I was not aware of this. Cry more, jesus.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by nerfedagain1 View Post
    Well I dropped my prot pvp after the warbringer nerf combo and decided to give it another shot after I received my second t10 tank piece. Man, did the warbringer nerf combo just make prot pvp retarded or what. I was doing some threes and mages were able to tie me to the ground constantly. I was morphed, iced, ice-blocked....how is that even fair???? Well back to dropping the tank spec. I wonder how much longer the LFG has gotten since the "HUGE" nerf.
    You're complaining about a talent spec that isn't intended for PvP, and is currently broken as hell. You have an endless supply of stuns, and when someone can finally get away from you, hai 2 charges. Sure, you get schooled by one class (mage), but you faceroll 9 other classes. Stop complaining you big baby.

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 04:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post

Stop whining, prot IS VERY overpowered in PvP.
    fixd

Prot is good.. but not OP they can be controlled easily. If you really think they are OP im curious what class you play because if anything they are balanced, i got a feeling your just one of those mages who QQ'd all day and night until they got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Layonhandz View Post
    Prot is good.. but not OP they can be controlled easily. If you really think they are OP im curious what class you play because if anything they are balanced, i got a feeling your just one of those mages who QQ'd all day and night until they got nerfed.
    do you even play a mage to know what you're talking about? its one thing to play one to know how supposedly 'easy' they are to control, but its another to face them yhourself to see how wrong what you're saying is.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    do you even play a mage to know what you're talking about? its one thing to play one to know how supposedly 'easy' they are to control, but its another to face them yhourself to see how wrong what you're saying is.
    ice lance/r1 frostbolts says hai to spell reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    ice lance/r1 frostbolts says hai to spell reflect.

lol theres a whole lot more than spell reflect to killing one, altho canceling out of them constantly is a big part of the pain in the ass of the fight. so i'm just wondering, how easy are they according to you? i'd love to hear this...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    lol theres a whole lot more than spell reflect to killing one, altho canceling out of them constantly is a big part of the pain in the ass of the fight. so i'm just wondering, how easy are they according to you? i'd love to hear this...
    Harder than Arms warriors. Easier than all other casters. To a Frost Mage at least.

Harder than Arms warriors. Easier than all other casters. To a Frost Mage at least.
    you're clueless. but from a new/alt mage i don't know why you keep talking like you know anyways. i'd easily face most casters equally geared than a geared protwar. only caster i have the toughest time with anyways are locks, and sometimes shdpriests, but to say casters are harder? just goes to show you haven't faced the protwar i'm talking about. there is NO WAY you could say that if you have.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    you're clueless. but from a new/alt mage i don't know why you keep talking like you know anyways. i'd easily face most casters equally geared than a geared protwar. only caster i have the toughest time with anyways are locks, and sometimes shdpriests, but to say casters are harder? just goes to show you haven't faced the protwar i'm talking about. there is NO WAY you could say that if you have.
    You've been using the word clueless quite a bit in your last few posts, but have been identified as incorrect in the subject, such as when you talking about RNG stuns from ProtWars, and in previous posts complaining about ProtWars having piercing howl, ProtWar having Second Wind.

You've been using the word clueless quite a bit in your last few posts, but have been identified as incorrect in the subject, such as when you talking about RNG stuns from ProtWars, and in previous posts complaining about ProtWars having piercing howl, ProtWar having Second Wind.

you want to know why i'm so sure of myself? because i face every class regularly when i play this game, and i can see relatively speaking how strong they are. its not my alt, its not the guy i just got to lvl 80 with and talk out of my ass with, its not some 3v3 situation where i have full support and double team everything i see, i am the one seeing it without all of those external factors and swearing by what i see. i'm very confident because i tend to call this stuff way before the masses do, even top Arena players, who i used to argue with about protpally's(months ago on GR), and now they're all pretty much QQ'ing or admit to them being op'd. funny how that works.

and aren't you the guy who didn't know what spellsteal was? or am i thinking of someone else?

like i said in the other thread, lets just do this. if/when protwar's QQ starts becoming more and more regular or they end up as obviously op'd before Cata amongst the playerbase i want you to eat crow and stfu about what is and isn't hard/easy for mages. deal? because i SWEAR you're completely clueless about how 'easy' they supposedly are, or how much harder casters are. what casters exactly are you having such problems with? there is just no way for how much work there is involved, how hard they hit, and how much utility they have, for you to pretend they are so easy to 1v1 or control. just completely clueless or lying outa your teeth :P
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2010-06-15 at 07:45 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    you want to know why i'm so sure of myself? because i face every class regularly when i play this game, and i can see relatively speaking how strong they are. its not my alt, its not the guy i just got to lvl 80 with and talk out of my ass with, its not some 3v3 situation where i have full support and double team everything i see, i am the one seeing it without all of those external factors and swearing by what i see. i'm very confident because i tend to call this stuff way before the masses do, even top Arena players, who i used to argue with about protpally's(months ago on GR), and now they're all pretty much QQ'ing or admit to them being op'd. funny how that works.

and aren't you the guy who didn't know what spellsteal was? or am i thinking of someone else?

like i said in the other thread, lets just do this. if/when protwar's QQ starts becoming more and more regular or they end up as obviously op'd before Cata amongst the playerbase i want you to eat crow and stfu about what is and isn't hard/easy for mages. deal? because i SWEAR you're completely clueless about how 'easy' they supposedly are, or how much harder casters are. what casters exactly are you having such problems with? there is just no way for how much work there is involved, how hard they hit, and how much utility they have, for you to pretend they are so easy to 1v1 or control. just completely clueless or lying outa your teeth :P
    When you see how strong something is when you only see it from the BG perspective is typically a poor representation of the class/spec, even more so when you choose to talk about 1v1 situations. How does a perspective from an alt matter in this? ProtPallys were not as overpowered months ago, most of the strength comes from the survivability scaling from gear in the recent season.

You would be incorrect, the one discussion I had with you about spellsteal was when you said you that you could not get away from a ret pally and that spellsteal is not a reliable way of keeping distance from a ret pally.

And if it doesn't from competent players? because bad players cry about absolutely everything and their QQ should not be considered when looking at balance. I never said I had that many problems vs casters, simply that a competent ProtWar is easier than a competent caster dps 1v1. I made a comparison between casters and ProtWar, being easier than a caster does not put it at easy. Once again you're using the word clueless yet you seem oblivious to what you can do to a ProtWar.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalokagathos View Post
    Prot is not even meant for being a PvP spec..
    lol u mad?

When you see how strong something is when you only see it from the BG perspective is typically a poor representation of the class/spec, even more so when you choose to talk about 1v1 situations. How does a perspective from an alt matter in this? ProtPallys were not as overpowered months ago, most of the strength comes from the survivability scaling from gear in the recent season.

You would be incorrect, the one discussion I had with you about spellsteal was when you said you that you could not get away from a ret pally and that spellsteal is not a reliable way of keeping distance from a ret pally.

And if it doesn't from competent players? because bad players cry about absolutely everything and their QQ should not be considered when looking at balance. I never said I had that many problems vs casters, simply that a competent ProtWar is easier than a competent caster dps 1v1. I made a comparison between casters and ProtWar, being easier than a caster does not put it at easy. Once again you're using the word clueless yet you seem oblivious to what you can do to a ProtWar.
    since i'm sure our argument will go on forever lets just leave it at lets wait and see...if i'm right and it becomes general consensus amongst the player base before Cata i want you to eat a lot of crow, and stop pretending like you know what you're talking about in terms of what is easy or hard for mages.

again i don't have a problem with any casters, or dread facing them NEARLY as much as geared/played protWar's. and its hard to believe any Mage can really pretend that unless they're fighting bad ones.

Playing two casters and a pally myself and working on a DK I see a few sides, prot warriors I've found (well most warriors in general) pretty well fall into two categorys in PvP.

Horribly bad.
    Horribly rocking face.

Just something about the class that theres really no middle ground to them or at least thats my take on it.
    Mage, Priest, Paladin
    And working on a DK!

I find it really unfair that I can't PvP with my [Current Class and Spec] I mean seriously! I used to win all the time because of [Strong Move in comparison to others] but now blizzard went ahead and retardedly made it into [Move that is balanced] and now my I-win buttons are gone! Blizzard will run [Current Class and Spec] into the ground with their damnable idea of balance, they also changed [Survivability/burst damage/crowd control/cooldowns] so that my class is unplayable! I dont care that [Two Recently Underpowered Classes] have had this for ages, I want my free kills from [Two Recently Underpowered Classes] back!

And what is up with [Flavour of the Month] being so overpowered?! My [Current Class and Spec] used to be stronger than [Flavour of the Month] and I hope they get nerfed!

~Adjust as required and repost as you get nerfed.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    since i'm sure our argument will go on forever lets just leave it at lets wait and see...if i'm right and it becomes general consensus amongst the player base before Cata i want you to eat a lot of crow, and stop pretending like you know what you're talking about in terms of what is easy or hard for mages.

again i don't have a problem with any casters, or dread facing them NEARLY as much as geared/played protWar's. and its hard to believe any Mage can really pretend that unless they're fighting bad ones.
    Since you have not provided any consequences in the case that you're wrong, I am simply going to assume that you're under the impression that there is no chance that you're wrong. Which is already incorrect as the only true thing in life are death and taxes.

Again, this only goes to show that you do not know what your class can do in this matchup.