Deleted

Is this Computer good for WoW?

Hi guys

I'm getting a new computer and I have always been not so good with computer, I know what is good on it and stuff but I can never figure out if it can run a certian game.
    I was just wondering, would this PC run WoW on MED settings with decent FPS in 10 and 25 man raids? Specialy Dalaran, 15FPS would be lovely for raids. But please guys give me your opinion. This computer also dose not cost a lot of money ( monitor not included ) its only £280

Processor AMD Phenom X3 Processor 8550
    - 2.2 GHz
    - 2 MB L2 Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

RAM - 2 GB installed DDR2 RAM (800 MHz)
    - 4GB maximum RAM capacity ( I will be upgrading this to a 4 or a 3 )

Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT210
    - 512MB video memory

Hard drive 320 GB

Your advice would be nice

it'l run raids decently if you do the suggested mem upgrade

you could turn it to high settings and get around 20-30 fps

CPU is slow for woW. Depending on screen resolution 15fps with high settings except shadows is something you can expect in raids, maybe spiking down to 5-10 during aoe stuff.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    GeForce GT210 should be a little on the low side even for WoW. I would not dare walk into all the new cataclysm effects with that graphics card, and I suspect some places in northrend will lag as well.

Edit: http://www.guru3d.com/article/inno3d...d-220-review/1
    Baaad! Combined with a weak processor you're not guaranteed to survive running out from sindragosa at all.
    Last edited by Wries; 2010-06-14 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    Hi again, I normally have it all on low settings with no shadow at all, will it still run at least on 15-25fps in raids? I will still play on low settings on the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Screen resolution is the big question. The CPU and GPU are both low end, so if you plan on playing at any higher resolution (1920x1080, 1680x1050, etc), you will not get good framerate at all in a 25-man raid. At 1920x1080, you'll probably be at single digit framerate. If you're on the lower end of the resolution scale (1280x1024, 1024x768, etc), you might be able to get close to 20 fps.

Really, it's the CPU that will limit you most. The 25-man raids just have so much information flying around that your CPU has to process... it easily overwhelms slower chips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Screen resolution is the big question. The CPU and GPU are both low end, so if you plan on playing at any higher resolution (1920x1080, 1680x1050, etc), you will not get good framerate at all in a 25-man raid. At 1920x1080, you'll probably be at single digit framerate. If you're on the lower end of the resolution scale (1280x1024, 1024x768, etc), you might be able to get close to 20 fps.

Really, it's the CPU that will limit you most. The 25-man raids just have so much information flying around that your CPU has to process... it easily overwhelms slower chips.
    Thanks
    I play on like 1200x960, nothing more. And i always play on Low Settings to get something good out of the pc. I'm sure i will get atleast 15fps+ out of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjosh2 View Post
    Thanks
    I play on like 1200x960, nothing more. And i always play on Low Settings to get something good out of the pc. I'm sure i will get atleast 15fps+ out of this.
    I'm certain it would give you 20+ fps in every situation except Dalaran and 25-man raids. The lower resolution should help, but I'd still question the lower end CPU's ability to handle everything that gets thrown at it in a large raiding environment. I'm not saying it won't give you 20+ fps in 25-man raids, but I wouldn't definitively say yes either.

I wouldn't say that I fancy this machine.. Get something more powerful to play any new game out there, that can only guarrantee you that you won't have any problems with WoW imo.

Deleted
    I'm certain it would give you 20+ fps in every situation except Dalaran and 25-man raids. The lower resolution should help, but I'd still question the lower end CPU's ability to handle everything that gets thrown at it in a large raiding environment. I'm not saying it won't give you 20+ fps in 25-man raids, but I wouldn't definitively say yes either.

What about 800 x 600?
    Would i still get some decent out of it? Beacuse I don't care about the resolution that much tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjosh2 View Post
    What about 800 x 600?
    Would i still get some decent out of it? Beacuse I don't care about the resolution that much tbh.
    Personally, I don't see how 800x600 would even be playable.

Deleted
    Personally, I don't see how 800x600 would even be playable.
    It is playable, I have done it before and when i changed it to difrent once i saw only little change but more lagg haha

Thanks for your advice anyway dude.