Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So there just not releasing heroic SFK and Heroic Deadmines

There are people flipping out about that? Arn't people complaigning about "recycled content" in cataclysm anyway?

Which the recylced content isn't even recycled... at all.

Nefarian and onyxia coming back doesn't mean they will be the same as before. Or ragnaros won't be the same. There in entirely new raid isntances so stop flipping out people!

Your complaigning about not having heroic recycled content you are all Hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsus_Faol View Post
    There are people flipping out about that? Arn't people complaigning about "recycled content" in cataclysm anyway?

Nefarian and onyxia coming back doesn't mean they will be the same as before. Or ragnaros won't be the same. There in entirely new raid isntances so stop flipping out people!

Your complaigning about not having heroic recycled content you are all Hypocrites
    I agree, some people really whine a lot on this subject when they have not even experienced it.

This is the case with lots of things nowadays. Going 'BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW' on changes/things they haven't experienced firsthand.

If I'm not mistaken, Nefarion and Onyxia both suffer from a certain... Condition when we see them in Cataclysm.

I don't know about the others, but I can't wait for heroic sfk and deadmines. I imagine they'll be configured a little, to suit 85 better, but other than that, pretty much the same. It doesn't bother me because I get to go back and relive vanilla instances.

Quote Originally Posted by KhronoInfinitas View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Nefarion and Onyxia both suffer from a certain... Condition when we see them in Cataclysm.
    I know... rotting flesh, had to have a few limbs resewn, filled with ichor, and rained down upon by embalming fluid.

read somewhere (atleast i think i did) that they where bringing back SFK and DM back as 85 heroics because players asked for it?

Shame it doesn't come from the start(but that might be a good thing, because then they will be harder then the start heroics

10+ Year Old Account
    What is even more ironic, how people who weren't even playing when the original things were released are now upset there being changed. Like the kid who bought WoW when WoTlK came out is angry at the change of Onyxia.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

I wanted heroic ZF anyway. SFK and Deadmines were gash dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    What is even more ironic, how people who weren't even playing when the original things were released are now upset there being changed. Like the kid who bought WoW when WoTlK came out is angry at the change of Onyxia.
    You sir, made my day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    WoW playing is retroactive. If you buy it now, it means you play it since 2004, therefore you are entitled to complain about everything.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing blizz could do to make everyone stop whining, people will always find something to whine about.

Off topic: My old avatar is to big for the new site? D=
    Everyone's insane but me...

i like the idea of old hc instances, and i'm disapointed that they will not release them at Cata shipping.
    there are 2 instances that most old players spend countless hours, and totally different from the setting of WOTLK instances (8 bosses up from 3 etc). People complaining about that mostly because they afraid having to run them as random heroics (just like oculus) :P

Source

"Gameplanet: You’re overhauling the classic dungeons Shadowfang Keep and the Deadmines –

Stockton: Actually, now we’re planning those for a patch, they won’t ship with Cataclysm. So one of the big things we’re doing, like what you saw today, you saw Silverpine?

Gameplanet: Yep.

Stockton: The whole new storyline through there really builds up the change that has happened in Shadowfang Keep.

And a zone that you didn’t see today, but a zone that has had a 95% revamp would be Westfall. Westfall is completely different, huge changes. Almost no quest line is intact because the Defias don’t make sense any more as a threat. Now the Cataclysm is a threat, so things have really changed and all of that will play into the new Deadmines, the boss there and the way that experience is going to happen.

So you’re going to see the set up when Cataclysm ships for both those zones and right now we’re targeting patch 4.1 for those revamped instances, and they’ll also be level 85 heroics."

-----------

Looks like they are holding it back because they want to update the instances to more recent times (better boss fights and instance structure for them), and have some early, new backstory events for them; we most likely won't be fighting VC in Deadmines either (well, maybe, I don't know what they have planned for the new deadmines story... it may of just been a setback for him... :P).

Either way, we will be experiencing a new deadmines, with the old atmosphere.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-06-15 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I agree, some people really whine a lot on this subject when they have not even experienced it.

This is the case with lots of things nowadays. Going 'BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW' on changes/things they haven't experienced firsthand.
    Yeah, they will be... "Differently alive". :-)

They will release those heroics though, just not with 4.0.1

edit: damn, I quoted the wrong one

You hit the nail on the head here sir! That is precisely it.

Yes we are fighting Ragnaros again, but not in Molten Core. We'll be in The Firelands.

Yes Blackrock Mountains will be a focal point again. But not what is there already, there's Blackwind Descent and Blackrock Caverns as new areas for endgame.

Doesn't sound recycle to me!

Deadmines and SFK > all the new 5-mans imo, storywize and nostalgia !
    but its cool, i can wait!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25 View Post
    Looks like they are holding it back because they want to update the instances to more recent times (better boss fights and instance structure for them), and have some early, new backstory events for them; we most likely won't be fighting VC in Deadmines either (well, maybe, I don't know what they have planned for the new deadmines story... it may of just been a setback for him... :P).
    These should be the times that Blizz should break their own NDA. The answer for the delay IS on the alpha, hints that were delivered on the interviews (Westfall being a massive refugee zone and 95% of quests there being redone).

Quote Originally Posted by KhronoInfinitas View Post
    Dont want to risk a bann so will only tell you that Onyxia will lose some weight for cataclysm ;D
    Last edited by deyndra; 2010-06-15 at 11:55 AM.
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

While Im not really concerned by this, I can see why people are upset about lot of things.

Path of the Titans? Gone
    Guild talents? Gone
    Heroic Deadmines and SFK? not until 4.1
    several previewed talent trees almost not touched? (why were they even previewed in the first place if Blues ignore any feedback on them? ..) check

I guess people expect, that IF they wanna reuse old content because they are too lazy, then at the very least, they should make it for the release and not for content patches, especially given the time it was announced and given how big features were already scrapped

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    While Im not really concerned by this, I can see why people are upset about lot of things.

Path of the Titans? Gone
    Guild talents? Gone
    Heroic Deadmines and SFK? not until 4.1
    several previewed talent trees almost not touched? (why were they even previewed in the first place if Blues ignore any feedback on them? ..) check

I guess people expect, that IF they wanna reuse old content because they are too lazy, then at the very least, they should make it for the release and not for content patches, especially given the time it was announced and given how big features were already scrapped
    I've said this before, you can't really say that Guild talents are gone. What has happened is the perks you would otherwise get from the talents are instead being rewarded simply by leveling up the guild. You get pretty much the same benefits, but without the added potential for guild drama.

Even path of the Titans wasn't a 100% removal. Blizzard simply choose to add more depth to the glyph system instead of adding yet another mandatory process players would have to go through to be competitive.

As for the talent trees, a lot of them were changed fairly significantly (more then you'd find in a usual patch anyways). Wowhead had a great preview of the trees that really broke down what talents changed and where.

And finally for Heroic SFK and Deadmines, I'd rather them delay the release of rehashed content instead of dropping an entire zone like they did with the Emerald Dream in vanilla, the portal worlds in BC, and Azjol'Nerub (minus the insteances, which did make it to release) in WotLK.