Poll: So Which Enhancement do you like more?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well I like the good stuff of the new enhanc. like the wolves ,MW , 1 button totems ,upgraded aoe dmg , totems combined etc ...but the rotation...oh dear God , there are times that I want to raid just to relax and have fun but this rotation/priority system is a pain in the arse to keep up after a hards day work.

So my vote goes to mine suggestion : New enhancement goodies with the old enhanc. rotation >.<
    Last edited by F@LLEN; 2010-06-15 at 12:39 PM. Reason: voting option

I might take you down
    But
    I will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfex702 View Post
    Am i the only one missing old enhancement, where most your dps consisted of melee dmg. New Enhancement focuses more on doing melee hits so you can do Spell dmg and i dont really like that, if i want to do Spell dmg i would roll Elemental. Its not that i dont enjoy playing Enhancement its just its kinda weird that the melee dps spec only does melee dps so he can do spell dmg.
    I think better if you roll warrior instead shaman... or Druid, but the kittys prioritys maybe harder then ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    QFT, this is why I still play an enhancement shaman.

Amount of times i've been in Vault 25 or something and everyone's typing 'oh here we go...an enh shaman' and then i spank them all on the dps meters doing 10k+ makes people wake up :P

Bring on the challenge!
    Amen brother

From a playstyle PoV: I love the complex enhancement. I have tried to DPS as a ele, DPS DK, Warrior, Mage but none I enjoy as much as my shaman. Its always on edge, Its intense and without a doubt, I wouldn't bother with my shaman if he went back to being a 3 button bore.

But being that what you said seems to be more about casting than the rotation, I actually prefer it yes. Its a great style to know your a caster in combat (If you get what I mean). I hope they keep the emphasis on using both melee and magic and not just make us a rogue with shocks.

I also miss the old enhancement, when enhancement was an offensive melee hybrid. For my taste it is a bit too much caster these days and too little melee.
    When real good enhancement characters were rare in TBC they are thinning out even more. the class is overcomplicated to play and a little fuck up will ruin your dps. There is too much rng with t10x4,s tatic shock, windfury, elemental devastation (sure endgame uptime near 100%, i know), MSW ... I have near BIS in all slots, only 3 items missing but my dps varies so much due to te randomness of our skills. Get speedpotion, early t10x4 proc + shamanistic rage + heroism and you race all dps ahead, get MSW 5 in less than 4-5 seconds and then there are these other times, bad windfury procs, no t10x4, and it takes suddenly 20 seconds to build up msw 5 ...

From wha tI have seen Enhancement is going to change in Future, Stormstrike will hit way harder (125% instead of 100% damage) lava lash with longer cd and 150% offhand damage. I just hope they will make the class a bit more fun to play again.

Always when I am on my ret, who is the extreme opposite, I can do relaxed fun raids and perform without really being an outstanding ret But raiding is jsut way more fun. Good I have shadowmourne on my alt, but it is not only that ... for example daily heroic ... by the time you ran in placed totems, got your first tick from magma + had fire nova go off the pack is already half dead. It is jsut no fun ... on the ret you charge in, pew pew pew 12k divine storm on 4 targets, then crusader strike + soc procs on adds + melee + soc proc on adds + tiny abomination goes off + soc proc on adds ... if you are lucky divine storm cd is back and you can clear the rest ... having 8k average dps over the instance is nothing uncommon, hey with righteous fury I can even tank in dps gear as ret and do daily heroic in 5-8 minutes with some other decent geared chars ... while my enhancement shaman is far better geared it is jsut a hassle to play him in daily life ... mana issues ... mana saving talents = dps loss, and shamanistic rage on mobs that die in 2-3 seconds is just plain useless, when you need near the full duration to fill up the mana.
    I really like the class, but in tbc it was more fun. More windfurywoosh instead of lolhaste.

so curious how Beta trns out and if I abandon my shaman after all. On the other side, indoor ghost wolf and stuff sounds just very interesting.

ah well I am tired, sorry about my crappy english

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothings more fun than totem twisting and afk white swinging for like 8 seconds. >.>

Glad that shits gone. Was not fun in the slightest.

Enhancement is fine style-wise. We're melee hybrid that aid ourselves with a wide range of spells and elemental-aligned attacks. Also it's a dynamic and complex system if you compare it to 2-button rogues or mages. It's how we roll. My only complain would be that all that extra effort we have to make to perform at top level isn't properly rewarded in DPS, at least compared to other melee hybrids like Warrior or DK.

But that's besides the point. If you dislike this playstyle perhaps you're looking for something that you can find in other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    the class is overcomplicated to play and a little fuck up will ruin your dps. There is too much rng with t10x4,s tatic shock, windfury, elemental devastation (sure endgame uptime near 100%, i know), MSW ...
    From wha tI have seen Enhancement is going to change in Future, Stormstrike will hit way harder (125% instead of 100% damage) lava lash with longer cd and 150% offhand damage. I just hope they will make the class a bit more fun to play again.
    This statement is misleading. A mistake or two does not create a huge dps gap for shaman, because outside of the top few abilities(may of which are passive) our dps has simlar numbers for all those abilities we hit. Yes, there is a big gap between good and bad shaman, we are also very RNG. However, small mistakes are not ruining your parses. This is the very reason Blizzard included enh shaman with ret pallies in the statement that they were going to make these classes less automatic dps, and a little more unforgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

I find Ehn to be incredibly boring, and the rotation is complex enough that I really don't want to mess with it if it bores me.

Always been Elemental.

As much as Enh has changed, its damage is still based on RNG. Maelstrom, RNG. Windfury, RNG.

I don't like to rely on gearscore.. but its simple to say that I'm sitting at around 6k gearscore at the moment. It isn't a spectacular gear set. However, my dps varies hugely based on the encounter/timing of my beginning skills. Granted, the overall average ends up being quite similar (around 8-9k). However, with the same raid group, how I start my dps rotation dictates where I'll end up on the DPS meter, ranking wise.

It sucks.

However, being a player that participated in Sunwell before the patch as Enhancement shaman, I love the new changes. Enhancement shamans have finally found our special niche - spell casting. Back in Sunwell, Enhancement DPS wasn't as easy as hitting one button every few seconds. If I remember Brutallus, I was pressing more buttons per global cooldown. Between totem swapping for windfury, hitting speed drums, drinking demon elixirs, swapping fire totems, flame/earth shock, and finally hitting stormstrike, I was playing a Vivaldi on my laptop.

Back then, we were an entirely synergy based DPS class. Now, we can do our respective amounts for DPS without feeling too left behind. For my raid group back in Sunwell (we were second on server), I had the lowest DPS amount, averaging around 1600-1700 DPS. Now, every time I enter the vault, I can average 10k without a sweat. It takes concentration, more so than warrior or ret paladin dps, but I find satisfaction through the DPS and benefits the raid group takes with me being there.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like my fighter-mage, and I hope they continue to maintain this 50-50 physical-magic split. It feels... just right

I like more New Enh. It is harder than Old, ofc, but is also more fun to play. And Enh is just unique because of that physical+magic source of dmg.

stop qq -.-
    "This world has suffered a lot . It is time that Blue Dragonflight takes part into stopping Neltharion, the Earth-Warder or now known as Deathwing the Destroyer in his plan ."

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    My shaman was pure dps back in TBC. I rocked the meters and i loved it.
    In Wotlk it totally lost the fun with it and respecced to resto, where i am now. I am now at trying out elemental, its ok dps but mostly fun to play so i will build up a better gear set for it.

That said, i dont like the new enhancement style, mostly because i think enhancement shamans are underpowered compared to the days back in TBC and it feels like even in good gear and with skill its hard to maintain acceptable dps.

Prefer new...

... but if there's one thing I would like to bring back from old Enhance, it's this:

NO INTERNAL WINDFURY COOLDOWN when swinging a 2H.

I don't care that it won't proc maelstrom weapon as reliably as dual wielding. I don't care that lava lash will be unavailable. I don't care that shamanistic rage might not even give me back 10% mana. I don't care if the DPS is 20% less than dual wielding.

All I want is the CHANCE to do some insane burst damage on demand in PVP: Drop totems, auto-swing, storm strike, windfury, shock, fire nova.

No internal Windfury cd would be god like

10+ Year Old Account
    I just miss that fun feeling when running up to a mage with The unstoppable force, using Stormstrike and frost shock and then run further since the poor fella only had 1,500 hp. Oh.... Good times.

The enhance shaman players that like the changes in wotlk where the retards that wore all spellpower gear and QQ'ed endlessly about not being able to dual-wield spellpcaster weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    The enhance shaman players that like the changes in wotlk where the retards that wore all spellpower gear and QQ'ed endlessly about not being able to dual-wield spellpcaster weapons.

This post contains more nonsense than any other post in this thread.

It's just plain wrong to say that the players that enjoy the more challenging style were the players that were too stupid to simply put on the right items and hit a few keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played old enhancement...there was downtime...I don't like downtime. I like the 'new' enhancement, I picked the class/spec combo specifically for the speed at which they attack (always thought it was cool) and I am very satisfied.

Elysia's epic sig skillz