Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cats in Cataclysm

Anyone else notice a real lack of any information regarding Feral DPS in Cataclysm being released?

Quote Originally Posted by Daimyon View Post
    Anyone else notice a real lack of any information regarding Feral DPS in Cataclysm being released?
    Probably because they're content with these critters? seems to be a well-rounded class, challenging rotation and good playstyle. The gear changes will impact you but thats about it that we know now.

Hmm Good theory. I don't know, though. It seems Blizzard is very reluctant to even go near Feral DPS just because of how any change ripples across the entire spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our rotation really won't change that much. Kitties will be aiming for hit and expertise instead of letting it slide since we are loosing the energy refund from Primal Percision. Also we don't get 10 free Expertise since again Primal Percision is gone. Armor Penetration is being converted to Crit or Haste (if a piece of gear already has crit or haste, the ArP stat will use the other stat). As an example our T10 chest has crit and Armor Penetration. That Armor Penetration will be converted to haste. Haste will then be use to speed up our energy regeneration as well as increase the number of ticks our rips and rakes are able to do. Ferocious Bite will be our execute ability with Nom Nom Nom. But otherwise our rotation stays the same. Only other major change is they are taking out Cat AP altogether. And currently there is debate on whether Ravaging with Imp Feral Charge and Predatory Strikes a DPS increase for PvE encounters.

Last time I checked, Cata was still in Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyrawr View Post
    Last time I checked, Cata was still in Alpha.
    Blizzard gave us the preview of the druid talents.

Alpha might be ending and we will see Beta soon.

it did change quite a bit in alpha
    but i guess nobody was expecting any different right ?
    and if you check the talent tree you will see that some things changed a lot for priority list
    As soon as nda is lifted I can provide some infos

Well, we pretty much knew they weren't going to give us anything new since our rotation or priority system is already rather demanding. I dislike that most cats no longer have a reason to take Survival of the Fittest which means we will end up squishier and crittable if we need to go to bear form. I am rather curious to see if Predatory Instincts and Perseverance remain as they are (seemingly affecting cat & bear).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee View Post
    Well, we pretty much knew they weren't going to give us anything new since our rotation or priority system is already rather demanding. I dislike that most cats no longer have a reason to take Survival of the Fittest which means we will end up squishier and crittable if we need to go to bear form. I am rather curious to see if Predatory Instincts and Perseverance remain as they are (seemingly affecting cat & bear).
    yeh cats could not get any new ability's we knew that instead blziard wanted to make the roation more noob frendly

funny thing is whit ArP removed and moving on to mastery, kitty wil be walking around whit 1400 mastery rating getting extra bleed dmg that we dont need while leveling lol
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    yeh cats could not get any new ability's we knew that instead blziard wanted to make the roation more noob frendly

funny thing is whit ArP removed and moving on to mastery, kitty wil be walking around whit 1400 mastery rating getting extra bleed dmg that we dont need while leveling lol
    That is incorrect. They have stated flat out that there will be no mastery stats on any gear from Pre-Cata. That includes all ICC gear. Instead all Armor Penetration will be converted into either Crit or Haste. If an item has crit/ArP, then the Armor penetration will be converted to haste. Same goes for haste/ArP (ArP will be converted to crit). Items that only have ArP is up in the air though, such as Deathbringer's Will (though I have a funny feeling it's going to convert to crit to give Ret Pallies a better use out of it). Needle Encrusted Scorpion will go crit with a haste proc.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&pageNo=11#219
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2010-06-14 at 08:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be interested in seeing what happens to our gems.

Deleted
    It's called CATaclysm for a reason.... ;D

15+ Year Old Account
    its in beta atm and blizzard foces to give each class atleast 1 good tree for each role it has

that is paladins et nice ret dps, mage get nice dps warlocks get nice dps

however for druid it might aswel be that they choose boomking tobe THE dps tree until patch 4.1 where they look at the other tree's
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I'll be interested in seeing what happens to our gems.
    Same along with my jewel crafter's spell book.

If ArP rating on gear is being changed to Crit or Haste (what i dont mind) what will gems change to? Agil? : o or what lol (aint played WoW for a few months so missed some info)
    Last edited by Shyzhi; 2010-06-16 at 03:11 PM.

Only GC knows and he hasn't said anything yet. Or maybe he doesn't.

I'm expecting Agil to be our king stat, at least for 4.0, unless we can gem for Mastery?

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.
    Think since a large number of specs use ArP gets they will probbly turn the gems into some item you can exchange for Other gems at some vendor, or ofc depending on your class/spec it chooses a specific Gem, like Rogues, ferals and hunters get Agi, Warriors, blood dks get Strength.

Or just make sure you have a stack of red gems ready a few days after the 4.0 patch goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Only other major change is they are taking out Cat AP altogether
    Where are you getting this information from? I haven't seen anything about FAP being phased out, just AP in general.