Thread: Don't Be Fooled

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Maybe one should look at a slightly bigger picture.

It's not about how many raids or dungeons one gets per expansion, it's the whole content. While in BC we had some fundamental new mechanics, like flying, Jewelcrafting, new raid system, more and new talents, etc. and in WOTLK a whole new class, Inscription, Achievements, even more talents.

What do we get with Cat? Just answer this for yourself. Do BC, WolLK and Cat offer the same overall content?

In my opinion you cannot compare a new class with 2 new races. A race doesn't really change anything, if you play a tauren warrior or an ork warrior, apart from being a role-player, doesn't change much for you. Playing a Deathknight or a Warrior, that's quite different. Compare a few racials against 3 whole talent trees and 3 trees of abilities and a semi-new fight mechanic (runes+RP).

It's what Blizzard does best, make more of the same. While I am still looking forward to the expansion and definately going to buy it, it feels slightly watered down to me. I know there is alot of teen angst floating around now that people start to attack their precious toy, but in all honesty, can you say you ain't got at least a tiny bit of disappointed when you compare the new expansion to the other two?
    I did but I still hope Blizzard can surprise me with an awesome expansion.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc View Post
    i wont post anymore because....
    liaaaaaaaaaaaarrr!
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Deleted
    Yo bro, I can see you have taken heroic mode content that wasn't present at the start of wrath into account.

Yo bro, why post if you can't post?

Regards

Bro

two things.

1. about the whole blizzard focus with different mmos, remember this is the BIGGEST mmo out there. 11 million players i think it was? blizz wont just ignore about 11 million players unless they want to lose a good chunk of there profit. starcraft players dont play for month by month. and idk about diablo, but i dont think they pay either. so yeah, not worried about blizz's focus on other games. its pritty much going to still be wow 70-90% of the time(=

2. oh you OP, and other haters out there.
    quests: most these quests in cata arent just going to be the "go kill so and so mobs and you get xp" quests. these are going to be those quests that immerse you. EX, gnome/troll city quests

bosses: ill just repost this.
    i'd rather have 10 interesting, challenging fights than 20 gimmick, rehashed fights
    archaeology: imo im happy with what theyve done to it. secondary profs are fun. and im expecting this one to be just as fun as the rest. (my guess, digging tourneys every so often, special picks that do stuff, trinkets and enchants and whatnot)

everything else is prittymuch self explanatory on how they are an improvement to the game. pvp, 3 bgs. nuff said. new races (new races are always fun). 5 levels, ok, idk about you but i hate leveling 10 freaking more levels in the old expansions. 5 is a good median.

kthxbaiOP

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    It should be pointed out that the OP forgot one key factor.

BC - 0 heroic modes
    Wrath - 1 heroic mode
    Cataclysm - 12 heroic modes (and potentially extras that they're not speaking of, you should read the blue post about how they want to make more Algalon encounters).

So, essentially, there's at least 24 bosses coming out. And also which, who knows how tuned Cataclysm entry raiding will be. From previous things Blizzard has been saying, they want it harder than Naxx but maybe on par with early Ulduar and progressing upwards. If the heroic modes are on par at entry with Ulduar hard modes at 3.1, then I don't think anyone is going to get bored anytime soon.

Your comparisons are flawed and biased, your argument is invalidated by your own stupidity. Thanks for playing.
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.

Get some towels and go to the corner. There you can cry moar.

Idiot.
    Pre-nerf Battlemaster

If you see me, run away, or it will be the last thing you'll ever see.

actually? SSC and Tk were not out 1st patch. infact if you add it up? BC in total has 1 more boss than vanilla and wotlk has 3 less than BC

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    Maybe one should look at a slightly bigger picture.

It's not about how many raids or dungeons one gets per expansion, it's the whole content. While in BC we had some fundamental new mechanics, like flying, Jewelcrafting, new raid system, more and new talents, etc. and in WOTLK a whole new class, Inscription, Achievements, even more talents.

What do we get with Cat? Just answer this for yourself. Do BC, WolLK and Cat offer the same overall content?

In my opinion you cannot compare a new class with 2 new races. A race doesn't really change anything, if you play a tauren warrior or an ork warrior, apart from being a role-player, doesn't change much for you. Playing a Deathknight or a Warrior, that's quite different. Compare a few racials against 3 whole talent trees and 3 trees of abilities and a semi-new fight mechanic (runes+RP).

It's what Blizzard does best, make more of the same. While I am still looking forward to the expansion and definately going to buy it, it feels slightly watered down to me. I know there is alot of teen angst floating around now that people start to attack their precious toy, but in all honesty, can you say you ain't got at least a tiny bit of disappointed when you compare the new expansion to the other two?
    I did but I still hope Blizzard can surprise me with an awesome expansion.
    I will reiterate my earlier point. You are comparing the tidbits of information we have about Cata to two complete and totally revamped products. The talent tree overhauls we have seen so far in Cata have been very extensive, and they'll probably only get more so. They haven't even touched half the trees, and that is word from their own mouths. You're so focused on the content you aren't getting, you don't see what you will be getting.

I wont post anymore because there seems to be a central misscommunication.
    This is the final point, the only point I made and if you took something else from it you didn't read the OP.

THIS EXPANSION IS THE MOST DELIBERATELY UNDERWHELMING EXPANSION THAT BLIZZARD HAS PRODUCED FOR THE WOW FRANCHISE. I never said I wouldn't play it or that it was an abomination, but I did feel the need to speak the truth. A month after Cataclysm comes out, you will see more complaints from hardcore and casual players alike than any previous expansion, because the extra couple of weeks of content that BC and Wrath had simply won't be there.

/THREAD
    Last I checked, companies (Blizzard least of all) do not delibrately design games to be underwhelming. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't trolling up to this point, but now its just obvious.

Seriously, has anyone stepped out of the dark portal or the boats at the harbors at valliance keep and felt underwhelmed? I know that the first time I walked thru the dark portal I almost pissed myself. I guarentee the feeling will be the same when you log off in SW courtyard one night and find yourself sitting in a volcano the next day.

Finally, I've payed 60 bucks for Xbox games that last me 20 hours. Cata will last me AT LEAST 100, and ill probably crush that number before the first big patch, which will give me even more. Thats easily worth shelling out 40 bucks for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    "ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME IS A TROLL"

that is what you just said
    No, guy is claiming shit that's not true, baiting people to respond to inflammatory comments he knows are going to incite heated responses. You are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Oh and:
    Gotcha bitches, lol.
    Seems to back my claim up.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    actually? SSC and Tk were not out 1st patch. infact if you add it up? BC in total has 1 more boss than vanilla and wotlk has 3 less than BC
    Yes they were, and so was Hyjal.

They may have required additional tuning, but they gave the extreme of the extreme something else to do once they cleared the previous tier of content.

To answer some questions.

T5 instances were included in the release of BC.

Karazhan dropped tier 4 gear with the other raids (Gruul Mag) and subsequently was considered a raid.

So, yes ninjarobot44 your right, it didn't launch with 24, it launched with 25. I forgot Kazak. You have no idea what you're talking about. Read the bluepost on the main page about having 12 raid bosses launch at first tier. Rrreeeeeaaaaadd dont hope it'll get you no where.

And to everyone else: I make the thread, I make the point. The point is Blizzard was disengenious and promised things they hadn't even tested nor researched yet or things they hadn't the time to complete by launch. They just bumped deadmines and shadowfang keep to post launch as well.

It seems most of you enjoy being mislead, thats cool.
    I agree with you and I don't care if people flame me for it. Actually LOOKING at all the info, unlike most people in this thread, I agree and am underwhelmed at what Cata has to offer so far. I, like you, would like to see exactly what is the content for people from level 80 to 85. Like you said, yes there are 3,000 new quests, but how many of them are going to actually matter to me as a level 80 character already? My guess is about 500. 2 new races? All well and good, but again, I'm not leveling a new character so they're moot. 8 dungeons and 12 raid bosses are about all I see so far to expect for Cata, and frankly, it just isn't worth buying for such a pathetic amount of content. There has been more content that that added in free content over the years from patches. Basically, Cata looks like a big all at once patch instead of an actual bulk ridden content expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    lolwut? heroic mode may have same bosses but THERE IS STUFF ADDED TO IT TO MAKE IT HARDER. THATS WHY ITS A HEROIC MODE

Quote Originally Posted by cougar117 View Post
    lolwut? heroic mode may have same bosses but THERE IS STUFF ADDED TO IT TO MAKE IT HARDER. THATS WHY ITS A HEROIC MODE
    A majority of WoTLK hardmodes added nothing but increased boss hp, damage or maybe one random mechanic that we've seen dozens of times already.

Woohoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I agree with you and I don't care if people flame me for it. Actually LOOKING at all the info, unlike most people in this thread, I agree and am underwhelmed at what Cata has to offer so far. I, like you, would like to see exactly what is the content for people from level 80 to 85. Like you said, yes there are 3,000 new quests, but how many of them are going to actually matter to me as a level 80 character already? My guess is about 500. 2 new races? All well and good, but again, I'm not leveling a new character so they're moot. 8 dungeons and 12 raid bosses are about all I see so far to expect for Cata, and frankly, it just isn't worth buying for such a pathetic amount of content. There has been more content that that added in free content over the years from patches. Basically, Cata looks like a big all at once patch instead of an actual bulk ridden content expansion.
    Well, I mean the races and revamped 1-60 are pretty important. I know they won't affect you, but at least acknowledge it's something. I for one am looking at that info and am pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This is exactly the kind of attitude that makes me despair for humanity. Just because some of the new content won't affect YOU directly, does not change the fact that it took hundreds upon hundreds of hours to develop. It may not be content YOU personally will use, but it will be utilized by a VERY large percentage of the player base. Just because it's not something you will partake in does not make it any less new content that takes developer time, well beyond a basic content patch.

THHHHE SKYYYY ISSSSS FAAAAALLLLLIIIINNNGGG!!!

OP has established that he is an idiot and obviously overlooked the fact that initial raid content means jack shit.

Lets look past your ignorance;

New BG's + rated BG's.
    Most zones being revamped (compare the size of Northrend and Outlands to the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalmidor and Khaz Modan you dumbass) on top of new zones.
    Majority of old quests being changed and new ones being added.
    New class combos.
    New Races and factions.
    Guild levelling and achievements still exist (and is a huge new feature regardless of the bullshit you spin).
    Medium Glyphs replace PotT. Who gives a fuck if Archaeology doesn't have a huge impact. It's a fucking secondary profession. Whens the last time you cried about bandaging and fishing not being a significant number inflator.
    Improvements to the actual core design (stats, raid ID's, mechanics).

TL;DR: Don't fucking buy it if you think it's a waste of money.

Finally

It's refreshing to see posts like this from time to time.

At least it reminds me that not everyone on this forum is paying to stick their tongue up Blizzards ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    This is exactly the kind of attitude that makes me despair for humanity. Just because some of the new content won't affect YOU directly, does not change the fact that it took hundreds upon hundreds of hours to develop. It may not be content YOU personally will use, but it will be utilized by a VERY large percentage of the player base. Just because it's not something you will partake in does not make it any less new content that takes developer time, well beyond a basic content patch.
    Yet, he still has a point. People purchase items for the features that they are most interested in, not those they dont care about. If I am interested in buying a sports car for the sole purpose of recreational driving I dont really care how much trunk space it has or that a baby seat could easily fit in the back seat. A majority of sales of Cat will come from existing players so the main features of Cat should be driven towards end game progression. Given the current stagnant change in subscription numbers (it may have gone down, but it certainly hasnt gone up) indicates that Blizz needs to focus more on current customers rather than new ones.

This is product that we all pay for hence we all care what goes into it. I am not going to praise features and development I dont care about just because it took developers hours and hours to complete them. It is the stoic attitude of business and to think otherwise is being naive and illogical.