10+ Year Old Account

MP5 or spirit for Disc?

Simple question. Who should get the item with MP5; a shaman, or a disc priest?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i've always believed shamans and pallies use MP5 and all other healers work off spirit

Disc mainly use intel for regain, than mp5.

More specifically what item are we talking about?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healer cloack from Anub'Arak 25 http://thottbot.com/i47490

Shaman or Disc priest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfectly itemized for Disc.

I would say both. Also try and take into a factor on who needs a bigger upgrade? If your crying over a cape from toc well gonna have to say get over yourself if you lost it to a shaman. If your running on epgp or dkp not much you can do. If your running on loot council its whoever needs the biggest upgrade.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

A shaman would need something with haste

If its a choice between the 2 the shaman should. That being said I was under the impression that Resto Shaman were stacking crit / haste and somewhat ignoring mp5 at a certain point.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

As disc, once you're good on regen (which you get to eventually almost solely from your intellect pool) your 'ideal' itemization is crit/haste. Until then, you have some flexibility in choosing your regen mechanic as they're both pretty close, with MP5 narrowly beating out Spirit.

Disc is the only caster capable of really using the regen from Spirit that doesn't get any additional functionality out of it, so I'd say that as long as you're still working to retain regen, pick up the items that are in less demand between spirit / mp5 as you'd not likely ever notice the difference.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

After a certain int/spirit point, spirit ends up being a better regen stat then MP5. But for disc that point is much lower then holy, and as spirit gets no benefit for disc there is no point gearing spirit regen until you get to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    After a certain int/spirit point, spirit ends up being a better regen stat then MP5. But for disc that point is much lower then holy, and as spirit gets no benefit for disc there is no point gearing spirit regen until you get to that point.
    True, but by the time disc reaches that point they should be preferring crit/haste over spirit/mp5.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by hermansen View Post
    Healer cloack from Anub'Arak 25 http://thottbot.com/i47490

Shaman or Disc priest?
    Disenchant. Shaman are looking for Haste/MP5, same with Paladin. Discipline is looking for Crit/Haste. Holy is looking for Haste/Spirit. Druid is looking for Haste/Crit, or Crit/Spirit depending on if they are hard capped on haste or not, which most are. Crit/MP5 items are a cruel joke by Blizzard.

Also in regard to Int/Spirit, no Spirit does not surpass Int at any attainable level of gear. The point at which Spirit would pass Int would require so much Int that you would no longer need Meditation in your build due to how much regen you would get from other sources.

Shaman does get more out of MP5 than Discipline, but that isn't the real question. How much SP does the Priest gain from taking the MP5 item? That is all that matters to the Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    Spirit is never a better regen stat than Intellect, for either Disc or Holy.

MP5 is a teeny, tiny bit better than Spirit for a Disc Priest. Neither is very good.

Two stats matter to a Discipline Priest before all others - Spellpower (our primary throughput stat by a mile) and Intellect (our primary mana regen stat by a mile).

Crit and Haste are useful to a tank healer, if this is your role much of the time, aim for Crit/Haste itemization.

If you are a bubblebot like many of us, just grab whatever has good spellpower. The other stats make little difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hermansen View Post
    Simple question. Who should get the item with MP5; a shaman, or a disc priest?
    Shaman I'd say, if he wants it. Cause a disc priest deff does not. Get SP,Int,Haste and Crit on gear.......profit.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bad thread necro is bad.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara