Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakriel View Post
    If they change it so you can only use it below 25% I'm done.
    Are you incapable of reading? How can something that does "more damage on targets below 25%" be only "usable on targets below 25%"

last I checked, they don't mean the same thing.

Gods, people.

in pvp SW is used for two things 1) some extra damage with a MB and 2) to stop break on damage CC's and thats about it.

making it do more damage against targets below 25% is an excellent idea and backlash doesnt really cause me to freak out (albeit makes my shield abosrb less than it should)

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Devanox View Post
    in pvp SW
    Ok now i also agree that SW happy should be added to the game -_-

SW: D on a blind or poly is too clutch to give up.

Polymorph is pretty much the only one you can time it against, Blind is as much luck as anything else since you are trying to predict when they are about to use an instant, but you can always get lucky.

It should make some nice burst if you do Mind Spike x2, instant Mind Blast (Mind Spike frozen damage released), Shadow Word: Death if they are under 25% with an extra 30% damage, or 40% if the glyph is unchanged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Are you incapable of reading? How can something that does "more damage on targets below 25%" be only "usable on targets below 25%"

last I checked, they don't mean the same thing.

Gods, people.
    Except for that if it does indeed become like an execute, then it will only be usable when the target is below a certain percentage of health >.>
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47471
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48806
    two execute style moves (including execute itself lol), they are ONLY usable when the target is at or below 20% health.
    Last edited by monkeyelf; 2010-06-17 at 03:51 PM.

SW: D scatter shot, ice block trap, blind, poly, sap, repentance, (any more? i cant recall)

and try SW: D a BL poly without having used an ability like 6 secs before xD

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2 View Post
    If they don't change the 12sec CD, we'll only really be able to use it a handful of times on mobs under 30% anyway
    Kill Shot would like to say hello. All the CD means is that it should be hitting for a larger amount than what it currently does, and like Kelesti has said, the scaling needs to be upped by a large amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Hint: Disable smilies in your reply so SW will show up properly
    Where can I disable smilies?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyelf View Post
    Except for that if it does indeed become like an execute, then it will only be usable when the target is below a certain percentage of health >.>
    two execute style moves (including execute itself lol), they are ONLY usable when the target is at or below 20% health.
    Yea, Sudden Doom allows for Execute to be used outside of execute range...
    Then there is also Decimation, Death's Embrace, and Merciless Combat that allows abilities and spells, that are/could be cast above execute range, to do more damage/dps in execute range. Just because the original execute was only usable in a certain range of health does not mean all executes have to be.

Why are you linking two skills that say "You can only use this if the target is under 20% health" in an effort to try and prove that Shadow Word: Death, which doesn't say this anywhere, will also only be useable under 30% health?

Read the tooltip for the new Mind Melt, too. Since it only gets the extra damage when they are below 30% health, obviously you can still use it at any time and it won't have the added damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    Yea, Sudden Doom allows for Execute to be used outside of execute range...
    Then there is also Decimation, Death's Embrace, and Merciless Combat that allows abilities and spells, that are/could be cast above execute range, to do more damage/dps in execute range. Just because the original execute was only usable in a certain range of health does not mean all executes have to be.
    Yes, there is the talent to allow execute to be usable when not below 20% health, however for the rest, they are increasing your damage when the target is below 35% health with moves that are usable at all times. These are not execute style moves, but merely talents that increase your damage towards the end of a boss. If they do indeed make it an execute style move, it would only be usable when the target is at some specific percentage of health or below on the base spell, even if there was a talent added to make it usable at other times.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Why are you linking two skills that say "You can only use this if the target is under 20% health" in an effort to try and prove that Shadow Word: Death, which doesn't say this anywhere, will also only be useable under 30% health?

Read the tooltip for the new Mind Melt, too. Since it only gets the extra damage when they are below 30% health, obviously you can still use it at any time and it won't have the added damage.
    I'm not a priest (unless you want to count the level 16 alt >.>) so I don't even know what mind melt is but an execute style move means that it is only usable at a certain percentage or below. I never specified if it would be 30% or some other percentage. Also, the purpose behind linking two spells was to show multiple examples, since 2 is better than 1. Also, this whole post is about SW: D possibly changing into an execute style move, not what it currently is, so it not having anything in it's tool tip currently about this means nothing.
    Last edited by monkeyelf; 2010-06-17 at 05:39 PM.

Please go read the tooltip for Mind Melt in the Cataclysm talent tree.

for the rest, they are increasing your damage when the target is below 35% health with moves that are usable at all times. These are not execute style moves, but merely talents that increase your damage towards the end of a boss.
    That is what people can refer to as execute-type moves. Moves which you can use when the target is under X amount of health, or do extra damage when they are under X health.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-06-17 at 05:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Please go read the tooltip for Mind Melt in the Cataclysm talent tree.

That is what people can refer to as execute-type moves. Moved which do damage when the target is under X amount of health, or do extra damage when they are under X health.
    Although I personally do not consider that an execute style move, but if blizzard does, then yes, I guess it could work like that. I'll admit, I've lost this battle .

Although I personally do not consider that an execute style move, but if blizzard does, then yes, I guess it could work like that. I'll admit, I've lost this battle .
    When Blizz is talking about executes, they refer to anything that increases your damage under x% of target's health, whether it being a talent or a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    When Blizz is talking about executes, they refer to anything that increases your damage under x% of target's health, whether it being a talent or a spell.
    You missed Molten Fury. Just thought I'd point that out, in agreement.