Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Because priests are the closest thing we have to a pure healing class. I like it.

Yeah, why aren't there pure healing classes? That sounds like a good idea, but I'd imagine many people would QQ about only being able to heal. Then again, why choose a pure healing class if you want to DPS? :P

It'd also have balance issues, seeing as if it's pure healing, it'd have to be more effective than the other healers (like how pure dps do more damage than hybrids). Anyways!

2 DPS specs with Priest wouldn't make sense. What would be the other caster DPS spec? Definitely not something Holy-oriented, unless they plan on adding a lot of new Holy damage spells. Can't be Monk, because that would be.....well, really freakin' weird. They'd have to make something to convert SP to AP at a very high ratio, which would just be weird. Or having melee spells based off of SP? also odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    pure dps do more damage than hybrids
    Lawls.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv
    Yes I take candle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    2 DPS specs with Priest wouldn't make sense. What would be the other caster DPS spec? Definitely not something Holy-oriented, unless they plan on adding a lot of new Holy damage spells. Can't be Monk, because that would be.....well, really freakin' weird. They'd have to make something to convert SP to AP at a very high ratio, which would just be weird. Or having melee spells based off of SP? also odd.
    Actually yes from the talent tree preview Blizz is making another dps spec for priests viable (a Disc/Holy dps build). Check out the evangelism talent

The rotation for this build will most likely be using Holy Fire, Smite, Penance, and Holy Nova for AOE.

So priests will probably have 2 viable raiding dps specs come Cata (shadow and disc/holy)
    Last edited by Wafflesahhh; 2010-06-17 at 03:39 AM.
    I do not kill people...that is my least favorite thing to do! - Carl from Llamas with hats

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesahhh View Post
    Actually yes from the talent tree preview Blizz is making another dps spec for priests viable (a Disc/Holy dps build). Check out the evangelism talent

The rotation for this build will most likely be using Holy Fire, Smite, Penance, and Holy Nova for AOE.

So priests will probably have 2 viable raiding dps specs come Cata (shadow and disc/holy)
    No, holy dps will not be viable for one simple reason(plus so many more), no Shadow Power equivalent. Evangelism is almost entirely, if not entirely a PvP talent, and quite possibly something that Shadow would want to get if it is made to work with shadow.

Those smite related talents were also added so that if a healer out gears an instance, they could go with a healing spec with dps capabilities and dps between healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    disc's main priority is not healing..
    hizzah that was hard

what part of PRIEST did you people not understand? ANY other hybrid, sure, but your honestly going to role a class called priest and think the main focus isnt gonna be healing (Absorbtion, preservation, etc, for those picky about word choice)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

Why do Warriors get 2 dps tree's?

Well, quite frankly, Warriors are known as thy who wore plate armor and are always in melee combat with the enemy..

Vice-versa for the priest.. Except the Priest is the divine "man"

Because Holy and Disc are so vastly different and bring 2 really very different styles to the class.
    Real Paladins have the Charger Feat of Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    No, holy dps will not be viable for one simple reason(plus so many more), no Shadow Power equivalent. Evangelism is almost entirely, if not entirely a PvP talent, and quite possibly something that Shadow would want to get if it is made to work with shadow.

Those smite related talents were also added so that if a healer out gears an instance, they could go with a healing spec with dps capabilities and dps between healing.
    Hmm I don't know those innocent "dps between your heals" talents could potentially be tranformed into another dps spec. The Divine accuracy talent (adding +hit) already signifies that its meant to definitely be used in PvE not just PvP. But won't dpsing in between healing make heroics way too easy since we already clear them fast enough? One thing about smite spec is it hits like a truck and can easily catch up to the other dps. Shouldn't a healer always be using his GCD's for healing? More theorycrafting needs to be done on holy/disc raiding dps potential.
    Last edited by Wafflesahhh; 2010-06-17 at 03:59 AM.
    I do not kill people...that is my least favorite thing to do! - Carl from Llamas with hats

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflesahhh View Post
    Hmm I don't know those innocent "dps between your heals" talents could potentially be tranformed into another dps spec. The Divine accuracy talent (adding +hit) already signifies that its meant to definitely be used in PvE not just PvP. But won't dpsing in between healing make heroics way too easy since we already clear them fast enough? One thing about smite spec is it hits like a truck and can easily catch up to the other dps. Shouldn't a healer always be using his GCD's for healing? More theorycrafting needs to be done on holy/disc raiding dps potential.
    I, for one, would enjoy seeing a holy dps lolsmite priest spec again. (Yes, that's right, I killed stuff in Karazhan with holy priest dps back in the day because I was bored waiting for an expansion). I never really liked the feel of the shadow spec besides the obvious reasons that warlocks do it better. My priest was my main, it wasn't until WotLK that I even rolled a second character because Blizzard took everything that used to be fun with healing and dpsing from the priest when they homogenized the classes and buffs (even moreso in Cata it seems). I wouldn't mind dusting off my original main again and laying my shaman, lock, rogue, mage, deathknight, paladin, and druid aside to play a new and interesting holy dps priest. It'll never compare in numbers, but it'll be fun...and that's why I play.