Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Best Alliance Priest Race

I am planning on starting a priest here in about 2 weeks when i get home from deployment, my primary goal is be a reroll on a new server with a handful of friends. I have been playing a Tauren Resto Shaman since vanilla and figured it's time to switch things up.

My primary goal is to be a Disc Priest in pvp as my school schedule doesn't allow for as heavy raiding any longer.

Which race should i go in your opinion, and why?

Currently i'm thinking about going Human for that PvP built in racial, however i'm thinking Nelf's shadowmeld could be a clutch choice as well (more for arena settings).

Dwarf.

The beard adds +5% passive badass but -20 fire resistance.

Racials are changing come cata. For Disc PvP in Wotlk, i'd say Human. Every man for himself is great. But like i said, cata everything is changing.

either Humans or dreani for that tiny little extra free heal when you need it

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arathull View Post
    either Humans or dreani for that tiny little extra free heal when you need it
    *cough*HEROIC PRESENCE*cough*

Shadowmeld? Arena? That's...dumb. They know you're not a rogue/druid, so if they see you stealth, they'll know it's shadowmeld and just walk up and hit you.
    Last edited by Vook; 2010-06-17 at 03:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Draenei for PVE Shadow. Human otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    fem dwarf has best casting animations in game, and are QT-est

I'd say human with access to really nice PvE trinkets. If not draeni or nelf.

I personally don't like Humans as priests simply because that 153 resil trinket is a great choice over 2 pve trinkets (at least for me)
    I'd say dwarf just because if you're getting hardswapped by an RMP or RLS, you can at least get a peel on the rogue, Stoneform the crippling and get far enough away to give that extra second or two to recover. Also Stoneforming the Deadly poison off before an envenom reduces muti's burst for a few seconds.

Draenei, because racials are all going to change anyway. If you need more convincing, go check the 100-something page topic on general.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Human for everyman for himself. Also as pve shadow you want to be human anyway since another Draenei can bring 1% if possible.

humans get 5% more spirit this is the possible best choice.

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 03:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post

umm....no....there bad looking and for cast animations only if they have the braided pig tails.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christ View Post
    Draenei, because racials are all going to change anyway. If you need more convincing, go check the 100-something page topic on general.
    Everyone knows. No one cares. Racial changes are completely unknown when and what they will be exactly. It's very likely that the races will keep what they have now with slight alterations and then get something extra. Unless Draenei and Human racials get a dramatic nerf and no compensation the choices won't change. EMFH and HP are extremely strong.

Human is probably the best bet all around. PvP it has the best racial, and PvE, you get the 5% more spirit. Any Draenei brings hit, and stacking doesn't increase that amount, chances are there will be at least one Draenei there already.

Racials though really don't matter that much except for hardcore min / maxing. If you're just the average player, pick the race that you like to look at the most. Female Dwarves have one of the best casting animations in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Racials though really don't matter that much except for hardcore min / maxing. If you're just the average player, pick the race that you like to look at the most.

^have to repost to say this is the best answer in this thread

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dabros View Post
    ^This

Dwarfs are the bests

10+ Year Old Account
    human female for the dance

Duhhhwaaaarrrf puhhhrrreeeeiist!!!

+1 cookie for getting reference.

PvE Draenei, Human 2nd best.
    PvP Human, Dwarf 2nd best