Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    6. Before a change to AV in TBC, a battle could last 5 hours

we had a 3 day AV back on Sargeras, ahhh the good old days.

Some time in tbc you got your honor next day,
    Hunters had dead zone where they couldnt range atack or meele, miss those days
    rogues requiered to have fadeleaf to use blind ^_^

I really hated that dead zone....
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

There is an incarnation of wound poison before being 10/20/30/40/50%.
    The "original" wound poison would decrease healing done by a static amount(125 iirc) for each charge. Stacking to 5. Though it was generally not used as people would die before it stacked to 5, and even if they didn't die, the low proc rate would cause it to fall off most of the time.
    Also, there has always been quests in silithus, just being alliance only, the small graveyard kinda place close to the entrance from unguro had a questgiver with a small quest chain. If you had that graveyard zone when they introduced the aq patch, you would automatically gain the full map and fp.
    Tauren didn't have mounts at first. They had plains running.

Sorry if someone already noticed this, I'll see if I can remember more. : p
    Last edited by Mith; 2010-06-23 at 07:23 PM.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

Read through all the pages and wonder how nobody remembered these addons: Abandon Ship, Defend Yourself and Take Me There (not sure about the exact name of the last one).

Abandon Ship used to move you out of a zeppelin or ship after it has arrived while you were afk.
    Defend Yourself made you start attacking if you are attacked, even while afk.
    Take Me There allowed you to record routes and then walk them by the click of a button.

Easy times with these three.. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Awesome Mojo View Post
    very very interesting where did u find this?

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 05:40 PM ----------

also, on the classic wow cd box theres a pic of some dwarf and a warlock(?) all 60 i think fighting a mob in dun morogh theres also a big dragon in stv whats that all about?
    he found it at http://www.masterofwarcraft.net/2010...mory-lane.html

but he forgot to give any credits where they're due at all.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Also, there has always been quests in silithus, just being alliance only, the small graveyard kinda place close to the entrance from unguro had a questgiver with a small quest chain.
    Not true. I explored Silithus at level 53ish and then again at 60 long before they actually did anything with the zone, and there was nothing there. There was a patch prior to the AQ patch that itemized the mobs there, and added ores and herbs. That quest chain may have been added then. The AQ patch further refined the zone, making it what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -Spirit healer whispers you hear when you die, say following things "Play World of Warcraft" "Give us your money". Of course they are very hard to hear, so very few people notice it.
    facepalm.jpg

SELECTIVE HEARING MY FRIEND
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

You know you've been playing wow too long if you remember most of these old spells and such...

Quite a few easter eggs in here I wasn't aware of though. I'm finding it thoroughly entertaining the stuff that was changed only a year or 2 ago, and people have all but forgotten. Especially that 1 minute breath thing. I'll never forget doing the diving for pearls quest off the coast of STV, diving to the sea floor, maybe having enough time to kill 1 murloc or loot 1 or 2 clams then have to swim back up before I died. Felt very authentic. And of course all the hunter pet stuff...

By the way the dancing troll village is still very much there and fairly easy to get to, about 10 people from my guild all took a field trip there last week. It's fully developed, there's a cave with an interesting monument thing in it, and several named trolls. It feels like it was supposed to be a quest hub at one point but got scrapped.

Posting to keep in my recent posts. Really interesting stuff so far. I never played during vanilla so I didn't know a lot of this stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hopshock View Post
    so glad you wasted 30mins of you life to prove stuff the veterans already knew.
    we didnt know all of this tbh i was surprised at some, like the mechanostrider

10+ Year Old Account
    i remember alot of this stuff, great read
    Prot for life!

Deleted
    Thanks for posting this. Really enjoyed reading.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    he found it at http://www.masterofwarcraft.net/2010...mory-lane.html

but he forgot to give any credits where they're due at all.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200404010.../wow/townhall/

That's is the old worldofwarcraft.com website

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    You know you've been playing wow too long if you remember most of these old spells and such...

Quite a few easter eggs in here I wasn't aware of though. I'm finding it thoroughly entertaining the stuff that was changed only a year or 2 ago, and people have all but forgotten. Especially that 1 minute breath thing. I'll never forget doing the diving for pearls quest off the coast of STV, diving to the sea floor, maybe having enough time to kill 1 murloc or loot 1 or 2 clams then have to swim back up before I died. Felt very authentic. And of course all the hunter pet stuff...

By the way the dancing troll village is still very much there and fairly easy to get to, about 10 people from my guild all took a field trip there last week. It's fully developed, there's a cave with an interesting monument thing in it, and several named trolls. It feels like it was supposed to be a quest hub at one point but got scrapped.
    It could be a quest hub in cata though

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    Actually it is true. Same kind of subliminal messaging is in gnomeregan, and its intentionally and just for jokes, blizzard said it somewhere, not really trying to make people do something.

Oh and yes, you were actually able to swim from continent to continent, as the huge empty space wasn't there.

God, miss the Swifty's videos and the guides they gave to warriors to exploit. Was wtfpwnage, haha. of course it had to be fixed as it was bugged, but anyways.
    When I was a n00b, I always wondered if the maelstorm was in the game xD I always wanted to check it, I guees I started playing too late lol. Yes, now I know that it would be in the game files if they would've created it

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    I miss being able to duel in IF
    You still can...

Sam066
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    That's is the old worldofwarcraft.com website
    2 headed ogres sound.. fun

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    I've said this in this thread about 5 times already, and I will repeat it once more.

Blizzard added the subliminal message on spirit healers on purpose. They are blurred and hard to understand(which is what they are supposed to be), but believe it or not, they do say that. If they were so clear that everyone could understand it, than it wouldn't be a subliminal message. You are saying that you hear something different just because you don't believe in it, and your brain makes you think you hear some random whispers. (I know you can say the same thing about me)

If you hear it again, you can clearly notice they mention "warcraft", and a bit less clearly "money". Since blizzard has a long history of adding hidden jokes in the game, why would it be just SO unlikely that this is one of them?
    If it isnt confiremed by blizzard, we cant be sure about it. And btw, some people will hear thing like wor da instead of warcraft. Tell to one of your friends to listen to it, and dont tell him that this is from WoW, im sure that he will understand something else

If you go to Southshore in the "Old Hillsbrad Foothills" dungeon, you can see Herod from SM Arms as a kid, he's called "Hero the Bully". You can also see alot of other famous characters, like Kel'thuzad before he became scourge.

-You can also increase ambient/lower music settings in Raven Hill catacombs and Karazhan crypts. I won't reveal what you will hear
    Since he is too evil, anyone knows what do we hear?

Btw awesome work, most of them I didn't even remember
    Last edited by Sajin; 2010-06-24 at 02:25 PM.

Probably the coolest thing I have read on these forums since I've been here. Great job.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US