Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it deserves place here, 4.2 Easter Egg
    http://bit.ly/pr7tba

Deleted
    i once rode around kalimador coast cause i was bored and found empty cave south of ungoro, totally empty

Deleted
    One that was not in the list (unless I missed it):

Rogues had to un-stealth to be able to receive buffs

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the best threads here! I've been playing since vanilla but almost half of these are unheard of/forgotten!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Best thread around!

Remember this one guys?

You are now HATED by the Argent Dawn
    http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310

I may have missed them but I don't think they're on here.

You used to be able to survive extremely high falls by buffing yourself with damage reduction abilities. Druids and Warriors could survive huge falls with Barkskin/Shield Wall(or just being in defensive stance).
    Also you used to be able to "moonwalk" in game, where your character would walk forwards while you moved backwards.
    Fury Warriors did extreme damage in beta and bloodthirst was only useable after a killing blow(and had a 100% crit chance). Famously, a warrior in the guild Nerfed, Indalamar, made a video to prove that warriors did way too much damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cpsm-ln920

A
    few hours later Fury was nerfed, Indalamar now works for Blizzard as an item dev.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiola View Post
    Best thread around!

Remember this one guys?

You are now HATED by the Argent Dawn
    http://www.notaddicted.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310
    Never saw this, but damn hilarious.

Very, very interesting! I like it!

Just finished reading, but wow. Great read, man!

-Walljumping allowed you to carry the flag in WSG to an unreachable spot, making you invulnerable. If both flag carriers did that, the game could last until the players log out/dc (which could be days).

i remember doing this all the time, so much fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for a very informative post and for bringing back so many memories (started playing just before Dire Maul) I especially liked:

"-Windfury Weapon procs could proc off eachother. So theoretically Shamans could one shot a raid boss if stars aligned."

I used to be bait for my mate out front of Crossroads on ET. He was a powerhouse. Alliance would never attack him one on one, come to think of it, that kind of hasn't changed at all

10+ Year Old Account
    this old thread is one of the single most informative general wow posts I have ever seen. I hope mods don't kill it, because much of what is listed here I have never seen anywhere else.

""http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8...tratholme1.jpg Stratholme in alpha, maybe it's Naxxramas?""

You can see the ziggurat in the air also today over stratholme outdoors. Presumably it has always been there, but couldn't see before flying let you get your height up? Shape isn't of naxx as it was eventually implemented, though. Maybe I am missing something but I have not seen this from inside the instance. edit - a guy has posted a video no youtube of how to get underground via scholomance and go into the outdoor stratholme, as well as parts of deathholme.

That said, considering the raid portal at the end of stratholme, and the MC/BRD setup, it certainly is the most obvious explanation.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2012-01-10 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    I'd go as far to say that it deserves sticky.

I had no idea that you could get a glimpse at old Quel'thalas by swimming along the shore from Tirisfal Glades. I wish I knew that before Cata, where they closed off the area.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

I think some of the bugged zones and "broken" parts of the game were actually what made vanilla so good in comparison to todays completely polished and overtested game.

god i miss those days so much. walljumping up IF to the flight path holes(took me about 4 hours), running up the mountain to the flight strip, finding bugged quests and figuring how ways to complete them. Trying to overcome overtuned bosses and mobs just for the fun of it. Attempting to complete anything in vanilla was such a mission. I remember the first time i quit is because i wanted to raid as Ret but everyone just laughed even though it was the only way to get kings, and everyone didnt really think kings was that good.

Should add to the blessings that not only did we have to rebuff straight away but we had to do it during boss fights, individually, and different classes needed different blessings. it was so complicated.

Also add that Getting a different mount other than your own race was concidered impossible even by GMs. and the first guy to do it(can't remember, but it was a female gnome) Grinded the Un'Goro soil quest HUNDREDS of times to get his Darnassas rep to exalted just so he could buy the NE mount. The GM's actually messaged him asking how he got it.

*wall of text crits you for 999999999999999~* Wow, long read. Knew alot of this stuff, but also learned alot of stuff. Someone should make an interface package to give the game that alpha interface look.

My eyes hurt after this, but amazing read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome read in the morning, cheers!
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Awesome read in the morning, cheers!
    Very clever... bump it so my other thread doesn't seem old anymore! Well it was bound to happen anyways... v_v

Deleted
    Awesome reading! Old IF was cool :P