Page 81 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Excellent read! How did you find the info?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol I love this thread It is so old and it goes through these cycles of front page buried for like 6 months and then gets back to the front and its fresh all over again reminds me how good we have it now in certain aspects lol
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    One of the auctioneers in Undercity is named "Yarly", which is a joke on the "Orly" meme.
    How did you not know that there's an auctioneer called O'reely in booty bay
    Aand ofc
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    Shamans had a totem called Sentry Totem, which was considered by many players to be the least used spell in the game. It was actually a well known spell, though mostly because of it’s uselessness. Cataclysm left many Shamans heartbroken, because Sentry Totem was removed.
    Remeber the times when u could use sentry totem to stand in air? u could even jump from cliffs and stop mid air, it was the best totem ever and few ppl knew u could use it to "fly" . Loved it

Edit: checked wowwiki, it was 28 March 2006 in patch 1.10.0 “Storms of Azeroth” when the sentry totem bug was fixed :P

"Shaman will no longer stop falling when they use a Sentry Totem." took them long enough lol
    Last edited by mmoc562e1aede6; 2012-09-05 at 02:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP,
    can you please add a horizontal line or some extra gap before each update? So that we don't have to read everything over again, since we don't remember where we had stopped last time.

BTW, love this thread, subscribed to it since it was first created.

"King Varian, you wish to make war on my people!? You shall have your war, human. You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities. You will see your throne split in two! This I swear!" -Thrall, patch 4.2.0

Deleted
    One of my best memories is the first time I enter Wow. It was as soon as it was launched in Spain, Back then, there wasn't spanish realms. So I was petrified, standing next to Northshire Abbey, seeing people materializing in the very same spot i was; no clues of what to do and too shy to ask for help in english.

Thats quite the list! didnt read it all but is some fun stuff amongst them... I had totally forgotten about that legendary neck! remember some people having it

10+ Year Old Account
    I still love it man, great finds, every single one. Awesome collection from an old timer.

Adding one from long time ago (not sure when this was fixed, definitely after Vanilla):
    If you disconnected, there was a high chance you could not log into your character straight away. Instead, you would get an error message stating "A character with that name already exists", because your character was not yet logged out. It could take several minutes before you were allowed back into the game on that character. If you would log into another character, you could see 'yourself' still online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Adding one from long time ago (not sure when this was fixed, definitely after Vanilla):
    If you disconnected, there was a high chance you could not log into your character straight away. Instead, you would get an error message stating "A character with that name already exists", because your character was not yet logged out. It could take several minutes before you were allowed back into the game on that character. If you would log into another character, you could see 'yourself' still online.
    This still happens, actually. Only like once a year or something, but still!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Thank you so much for sharing all the info, god forgot most of it lol.
    I still remember the agony as a rogue, getting disarmed and remembering I hadn't levelled my hand to hand skill lol,
    So literally spent days in blasted lands auto attacking one of the old four unkillable mobs
    Darnassus to IF death run...one thing I will never ever forget
    And timbermaw rep before they made it easy....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    And timbermaw rep before they made it easy....
    feathers...... ughhhhhhhh

Deleted
    Still the best topic ever!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Thats quite the list! didnt read it all but is some fun stuff amongst them... I had totally forgotten about that legendary neck! remember some people having it
    Then you remember wrong because it only dropped once, ever.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Talisman_of_Binding_Shard

10+ Year Old Account
    Have yet to read them all but s really fun read especially since I've seen most of them apart from Alpha and Beta. So again tthanks fIor this and I'll continue reading the wall of text >_<

take a look at the concept picture of WoW map, ( 2001 )

from blizzcon 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfb1LPo08i4
    5:50

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    I actually saw this happen to someone a few months ago in Orgrimmar.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Great read. I found myself going "Oh I remember that" alot. The Timbermaw grind. /shivers

And Tseric was fired? I must have missed something because I never knew it was confirmed or anything that had actually happened. I just read a blue post saying he had gone on to other things. And one of his final posts said something like "You will miss me when I'm gone" so I figured he quit.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2013-04-02 at 03:18 AM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

I love this thread, I once spent two days straight reading all these things and checking out old vids on Youtube. I hope it stays in a permanent state of necroedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    I actually saw this happen to someone a few months ago in Orgrimmar.
    Happened to me last week. Very rare, but still happens occasionally. Should award a Feat!

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    -Players in China are playing a heavily edited version of the game. Due to censorship, anything related with Death had to be removed. So Death Knights are called “Fade Knights”, with abilities such as Fade Coil, Fade and Decay, Spirit World Strike (Death Strike) etc.

This maybe is the worst nub change ever:P
    Did you see the Oondasta pic that got posted a week or so ago? I think it was on the official forums, it was showing a Chinese realm where a massive number of players had wiped on Oondasta. The whole island was carpeted in headstones because that's what they get instead of corpses. It actually kind of looked cooler than corpses...

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Somehow I feel like I was the only one insane enough to spend who knows how long reading EVERY line on the OP.

Also, this is a 2 year old thread.
    You're not :P

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    I'm still stunned that some people can go years playing and still think one can't eat and drink at the same time.
    The animation for it looks so wrong though!

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimakos View Post
    the first login screen for cataclysm
    http://www.wowpedia.org/images/c/ce/...on_concept.jpg
    That's actually pretty cool.

Although I always liked the Cata login screen because it reminded me of Quest for Glory :P

---------- Post added 2013-04-02 at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thousandsons View Post
    Also Master Elemental Shaper Krixix a hostile mob in BWL when mind controlled could teach a skilled miner how to Smelt Elementium. Now he drops a pattern for it.
    I think they changed that in Cataclysm? I remember doing it on some alts back in Wrath. It was kind of an awesome concept, weird though it is. Kind of like how you used to get a major quest in BRD from talking to a ghost on your run back to the instance. So the instance kind of assumed you'd wipe at some point lol! Which back then was a pretty safe bet. Vanilla did some creative odd things that no longer make sense anymore, almost a shame to lose them though I understand why they'd remove them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

bump, anything new?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The animation for it looks so wrong though!
    Traveled through time nearly a year to say, yes that's so true.