Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Great compilation. As a player from the beginning, there's even some stuff in there I didn't know. (a lot from the beta, which I didn't do)

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    To kill lower level players of the opposite faction, you could, as a hunter that is, tame a mob of their level, and walk around the questing area with it so they would attack it and become flagged as hostile....
    This would NOT work as a tamed mob becomes the same level as the hunter, upon being tamed.
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

Deleted
    Some of the stuff isnt true.

The Inner Fire thing of the priests. It wasnt because disc was a "melee tree" it was because they could cast it on other people in the early beta (with armor and attack power increased, like it was in WC 3. It was a short duration buff).

Then they changed it to a self buff but the attack power bonus was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    This would NOT work as a tamed mob becomes the same level as the hunter, upon being tamed.
    back in the day it didn't used to you had to level the pet independently of your character level. you could then cast eyes of the beast and wander the pet around others of it's kind and when someone attacked it they would be flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -If you kill a boss called Stonespine in Stratholme, there is a chance that he will drop a cloak that is white and looks longer than your average cloak or cape.
    I think this requires a bit more explanation for people that were not around at the time: http://web.archive.org/web/200510280...t.com/?i=13816

Memories

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belleteyn View Post
    I feel so... old? Seeing stuff that was normal, when i started the game that now may be shocking to newer players.
    Also, didn't know about ambient sounds in Karazhan crypt, I'd love to visit it some day, so creepy!
    Actually they put the same ambient sounds into a crypt in Duskwood. Much more convenient, haha. I sometimes go there just to listen out of nostalgia.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Tldr all of it. But I just noticed the other day the Vengence icon is a dwarf :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Not back then, you actually had to lvl yourpets back then lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Tldr all of it. But I just noticed the other day the Vengence icon is a dwarf :P

- - - Updated - - -

Not back then, you actually had to lvl yourpets back then lol.
    And capture many, many other pets along the way to learn their skills, and then the subsequent ranks of the skills...you know, I actually ENJOYED that.

Loved the read, OP. I remember so much of that :-)

I thought I was the only one who remembered that the Succubus used to look different. Seems nobody remembers that anymore lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

With 85 pages it might have been posted, but the OP mentions Warlocks could kill people in duels, so could Mages! A well timed Arcane Missiles at the very end would lead to the last missile killing the target. This worked up until at least 3.0 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

It was a long read but worth it.

Brought back a lot of memories.

One of the best posts on MMOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    -Those torches were used for scouting. Back than, the graphic engine was a bit different. Darker areas, such as Duskwood, were really "dark" and you couldn't see anything past 20-30 yards in front of you. Torches were used to increase visibility in those darker areas. Many NPC's in Duskwood still hold torches in their hands.

A part of me died when I read this one. Why the fuck did they remove it...
    Unless you are talking about Alpha, Scouting was never part of the game. Duskwood was dark bout you could see as far as you could in anyother zone it was just darker and a bit harder to make things out. Yes the guards had lanterns and torches which made their immediate areas brighter a bit, they never light up the area so you can see drastically better.

I do wish they would bring back darker night times. If the new SMV is any indication, they may be set to do this for WoD, since SMV will be dark al the time like Duskwood used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    took me like hour and a half to read all those xD tho.. got derailed onto other videos on youtube for abit xD but still

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I know someone today necro'ed this thread.. But ThankYou! A ton of stuff I never knew from OP. Great thread, this goes to show the actual depth on World of Warcraft, the polish, and overall: How Awesome the Community is. BigUp's!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I also wanted to add as well and hundreds of others: One of the BEST MMO-C posts of All Time!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    took me like hour and a half to read all those xD tho.. got derailed onto other videos on youtube for abit xD but still
    Yeah me too, but it was great. Been playing for over 5 years and learned lots of things I didn't know.

This was so far a great read as I've not finished it up yet. So much I didn't knew about many things! +10

Hey everyone, thanks for positive comments. I haven't checked back for a while, about 50% of all links in the main post stopped working in the meanwhile, so I have updated them and removed some for which I couldn't find a replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    Hey everyone, thanks for positive comments. I haven't checked back for a while, about 50% of all links in the main post stopped working in the meanwhile, so I have updated them and removed some for which I couldn't find a replacement.
    and you had to do that AFTER i had alrdy gone through all off them xD?

I have been playing on and off since early vanilla, the list should be a slap in the face to anyone wants vanilla server back.
    The game today is a lot better than it was almost a decade ago.

Damn, I remember quite a lot of these Excellent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    With 85 pages it might have been posted, but the OP mentions Warlocks could kill people in duels, so could Mages! A well timed Arcane Missiles at the very end would lead to the last missile killing the target. This worked up until at least 3.0 patch.
    Warlocks still could recently, by applying Havoc toward the end of the duel and then nuking a critter while they were still low on health.