Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=14551

At the time they had weapon skill.

Don't forget that night elf priests had a dot aswell, a starfall like singletarget spell I believe.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice read! Found a lot of things in there that I did not know about
    I am a filthy casual!

10+ Year Old Account
    With the priest racials and stuff, undeads had devouring plague and I forget the name of the other one...I'll go look it up.

Edit: Found it. http://www.wowwiki.com/Touch_of_Weakness This page also shows the other racial priest abilities.
    Last edited by Smittles; 2010-06-17 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I can remember when seals used to be like 30 sec or so, was horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    There is an option "Click to move". If you enable this, you can click on the ground, and your character will move to that location. That feature is so useless that nobody uses it
    there are a few uses for it. in particular it can be used to actually get into range of a few airborne quest givers that are hard to find the right spot to talk to. In particular the dragon questgiver above shadowmoon thats part of the early netherwing quest chain has a very small hitbox for being able to speak to her. you can spend 5 minutes moveing around trying to find the sweet spot only to have her move before you turn in the quest or just turn on click to move and right click will move you right to her.

But ya other than those fringe cases click to move is so clunky its not worth doing outside of possibly for a disabled person that cant use a mouse/keyboard at the same time.

You had to do a chain quest to be able to use poisons.

Vanish required a regeant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned but I can remember when seals used to be like 30 sec or so, was horrible
    It was 30seconds and went away after a judgement, 2minutes (I don't know if they went away after judgements), then 30minutes and don't go away after judgements.

Also, Pre-WotLK, judgement of light, wisdom, or justice would only be on the target if you had that seal on and then used judgement.
    Seal of light-->Judgement of Light on the target
    Seal of wisdom-->Judgement of Wisdom on the target
    Seal of Justice-->Judgement of Justice (or whatever it was) on the target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you mentioned the bugged Orc shoulders in TBC, don't forget the bugged Whirlwind sound. It sounded like some unholy combination of a broken lawnmower and shredder. It was literally unbearable.

Also, I didn't see anything about the Karazhan "basement". Or being able to sneak into the unfinished Mount Hyjal. Or the infamous "Kazzak Reck Bomb".

Here's one you don't have I don't think.

There was a time when blizzard released a precursor to the armory that showed what the most looted items were, the deadliest creatures, etc.

For a while, The deadliest creature in the game was the Defias Pillager. A level 15ish Human Mage mob near moonbrook in Westfall (the "town" right above Deadmines). I for one died TONS AND TONS of times to these mages. They were more then a match for any level 15 player 1 on 1, and often were accidental pulls and pulled in groups, leading to many many deaths.

Feel free to cut that however you want.

god i remember so many of these...
    i practically forced my freind, who wanted to start playing, to roll a dwarf priest just so my guild could get fear ward

i miss alot of these things, but thank god they're gone...

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't mentioned in the OP, but I think Ironforge was supposed to have like 8 floors, which have been dramatically reduced to the 2 we have today (the actual Ironforge, and the Hall of Thanes) if you've seen the alpha Ironforge... that "mess" of random buildings dotted everywhere and stairs and that, you can see why 8 floors wouldn't have worked. :P

By the way, afaik, the guy mentioned in the OP who got banned for ulduar exploiting with a GM item; the item was Martin Fury, a plate chest item that increases strength and mana (i think) and had the same effect as Martin Thunder.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

I remember one:

Rogues had to spend 5 points in the Subtlety tree, to make sure their sap would not break stealth. (20/40/60/80/100%)

I remember being cocky and only taking like 3-4 points, "Meh 80% is enough, I will never break stealth!"

Resulted in a few angry people when I had to sap some trash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Can't believe that no one have mentioned that Intelligence used to increase the speed you gain weapon skill.

Copied from Wowwiki
    Increases the rate at which weapon skills are learned. Before patch 2.0 this was listed in the tooltip, but it was removed after that. Despite this, tests show that intellect still increases the rate of skillups. If you want to level a weapon skill, asking for an Intellect buff, or using a scroll never hurts.

Good read!

An enjoyable read, though I knew most of this stuff there were some new ones in there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    -The best lvl 60 warrior dps item was a level 50 mail gloves(or bracers i dont remember), because they had weapon skill bonuses.
    Level 44 Mail gloves to be precise, Edgemaster's Handguards (http://www.wowhead.com/item=14551) which gave weapon skill to all bladed weapons. Weapon skill was overpowered because it not only reduced your chance to be dodged (as does the stat expertise which replaced it) but also reduced your chance to glance and most likely reduced your melee crit depression (no source on that since crit depression wasn't a well understood phenomena until recently, but it makes sense given what we know about how weapon skills still work in game).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dakoeda View Post
    I remember one:

Rogues had to spend 5 points in the Subtlety tree, to make sure their sap would not break stealth. (20/40/60/80/100%)

I remember being cocky and only taking like 3-4 points, "Meh 80% is enough, I will never break stealth!"

Resulted in a few angry people when I had to sap some trash
    Oh, fuck, yes. i Remember that vividly... Was a pain in PvP too >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    By the way, afaik, the guy mentioned in the OP who got banned for ulduar exploiting with a GM item; the item was Martin Fury, a plate chest item that increases strength and mana (i think) and had the same effect as Martin Thunder.
    Martin Fury was/is a shirt

And while we're at it, Martin Fury has actually had it's "On use" changed to "The caster commits suicide, instantly killing themself."

Martin Fury on Wowhead
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2010-06-17 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw View Post
    Weapon skill was overpowered because it not only reduced your chance to be dodged (as does the stat expertise which replaced it) but also reduced your chance to glance and most likely reduced your melee crit depression (no source on that since crit depression wasn't a well understood phenomena until recently, but it makes sense given what we know about how weapon skills still work in game).
    It also increased your melee critical strike chance if you were equipping one of the weapons the gloves gave skill points to.

0,04% crit chance per point. I think this still counts today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evocation was a talent and had a 10 min cooldown if I remember right

*shudders at the thought*