Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters/warlocks causing an epidemic of Blood plague in major cities

This thread is both new and interesting For real this time
    You brought me back memories of vanilla wow i thought i have forgotten
    LF dwarf priest , a must for ony encounter for the fear ward !!!!
    Being CCed for an eternity by mages/rogues , hell yeah and i was playing a hunter with str and spirit and SP on his gear , no scaling for the pet ..... and i wonder why they called me huntard lol :P
    And windfury totem used to work for hunters , machinegun ftw!!!!
    Last edited by Seadog; 2010-06-17 at 11:27 PM.

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Very interesting, good nostalgia.

I'd like to add:
    - Mages could blink off wind riders
    - Troll priests also had Shadowguard (I think, lightning shield-esque spell) and Nelf's had Starfall (again proper name alludes me but it's something along those lines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorrath View Post
    There is also an ogre mob, Grol the Destroyer (who is actually a demon) who is involved with a long quest line who will only die if using an item involved with the quest. on my server he was kited to Org just the other day.
    Are you from Dramablight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheetos View Post
    Very interesting, good nostalgia.

I'd like to add:
    - Mages could blink off wind riders
    - Troll priests also had Shadowguard (I think, lightning shield-esque spell) and Nelf's had Starfall (again proper name alludes me but it's something along those lines)
    Starshards

warrior's talent, Rampage used to give a stacking ap buff which would go away if you zoned/hearthed yet leaving the +ap allowing you to keep stacking it. here's a vid of a warrior exploiting it and then went through Molten Core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb8mvN2pgpU

People don't know about Click to Move? It's just about the most useful feature in the game for when you have to use your flying mount to go ridiculous distances but (like me) absolutely loath auto-run.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff View Post
    Are you from Dramablight?
    I am not.

In the beta version of the original game, rest did not exist and experience was designed to prevent players from playing more than few hours in a row. Experience gained was divided by 50% after few hours. However, beta-testers did not like it and rest was implemented, giving instead 200% of experience for few hours, which Blizzard's developers later reported as being the "same numbers seen from the opposite point of view".

10+ Year Old Account
    warrior's talent, Rampage used to give a stacking ap buff which would go away if you zoned/hearthed yet leaving the +ap allowing you to keep stacking it. here's a vid of a warrior exploiting it and then went through Molten Core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb8mvN2pgpU
    That just reminded me of the Paladin Reckoning Bomb 1-shotting Kazzak :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not.
    Ah, I just thought because someone kited the ogre to org somewhat recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    People don't know about Click to Move? It's just about the most useful feature in the game for when you have to use your flying mount to go ridiculous distances but (like me) absolutely loath auto-run.
    How do you go so far? Do you click the map or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Awesome stuff, great work!

I, Xibo as of 11 pages late do declare thy thread win.

Heard alot of this before, (and played through most of it) but some was new/interesting. Some of this stuff is actually from not too long ago. Fun read.

Also,
    - For some part of BC, for no reason, they reduced the size of Orc's shoulderpads. Big bad pauldron's really weren't
    - When Epic ground riding (100%) was level 60, the frostwolf howler required level 40 (60%) riding -skill- but moved at 100% speed. If you owned a howler when they increased it, you got free 100% ground riding skill
    - In my experience at least, servers were much worse, frequently you had to queue to get on servers, personally I never see that any more...
    and mentioned before but,
    - Honour was implemented around patch 1.3 and there was a separate patch later which introduced bg's.

Didn't see anyone mention it, but there used to be PvP titles at 60. I didn't play until the end of BC, but a friend of mine got Sergeant Major on his hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ihsanm View Post
    in the old pvp honor system, you could get dishonorable kills if you killed quest givers and faction NPCs that weren't guards. This would decrease the honor you gained at the end of the week.

hunters with feign death, freezing trap macros.

OOC rezzers in raids.

hunters with fast pets could set their pet to attack, then mount and the pet would continue to chase and kill other mounted players.
    Ah yes, traps could only be laid out of combat, thats why people used to feign death (which made you out of combat)

Also special pets existed which hunters camped for days, Broken Tooth, in badlands had a 1 second attack when specced BM making it really hard for casters in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

All I can say about all this. To everyone who bashes WoW expansions and says Vanilla was the best...yea...I have to disagree.

Great post. I didn't start playing until BC, but the Pally mount quest and non-30 min seals made me go "aaahhh, yes...I remember that..."

Two dwarves in the mornin.

Didn't read through all 11 pages on here, so someone may have beaten me to it, but trolls used to have a /silly about killing two dwarves but it was removed.

"I kill 2 dwarves in da mornin'.
    I kill 2 dwarves at night.
    I kill 2 dwarves in da afternoon
    and den I feel alright.
    I kill 2 dwarves in times of peace and 2 in times of war.
    I kill 2 dwarves before I kill 2 dwarves.
    and den I kill 2 more."
    Last edited by Gizmo89; 2010-06-17 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aramco007 View Post
    crit system was by % not by rating then they changed it

there is a knowen bug which make a grp of shammys hits for 15k i forget which spell they used
    Storm stike when first put in stacked. so if you got enough shamans to storm strike a target you could 1shot it.

found the video of it being done .. enhance shamans used grey weapons so not to kill the target: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAm7jImrsUU