Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    love this thread <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen anyone mentioning it yet..

Shamans fire nova totem detonated if it was placed and the shaman logged out, doing damage to everyone nearby, friend of foe.
    Very usefull way of geting rid of gold sellers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos,Founder of Magic View Post
    There was a bug that warlock enters BWL , summons Void , sends him to Razorgore the Untamed gets a debuff and runs out . When he summon Void it has a debuff and dmges all around killing low lvl in citys (goldspammers)
    Same thing happened when ZG came out with hakkars corrupted blood (I think it even hit the news, can't remember).

At OP, some those bring back some memories. Been playing since vanilla beta myself, it's good to remember the good stuff (and the not so good stuff) blizzard has removed/altered/made better/worse in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedwhite View Post
    Same thing happened when ZG came out with hakkars corrupted blood (I think it even hit the news, can't remember).
    I'm not sure but I think that there was article about this on Science Illustrated magazine back in umm... 2008 or so? If not, my memory is playing tricks on me, AGAIN

Oh and there was some research also about this how people gather around those who they know then they're dying. Seems quite ridiculous to me but who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I have a black belt in common sense compared to your white.

You forgot: Female Draeneis /silly: Does gnomes have a vibrate setting? I'm just curious...

I updated with some screenshots/videos and so. Thanks for the nice comments!

Quote Originally Posted by nafreyue View Post
    didn't deadmines used to be able to go in a 10 man group, sure i saw/read that some where, could be mistaken on that though
    yes it was a ten man until late in TBC i think, my bro and me did it 7 other people in TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    OP may add some lines:

- Priests were able to talk cross faction by Mind Controlling an Enemy and doing custom /emotes.
    - there were different resting states in the beta: well rested, rested, normal, fatigued and exhausted.
    - Bind on Pickup was called "Bind on Acquire"
    - In the early beta, you were allowed to see Spirit Healers, even if you weren't dead.
    - Mages had a Mirror Image like spell in the beta called "Phantasm", it got removed early.
    - Priests "Renew" had a casting time.
    - Warlocks Healthstone was called "Bloodstone"
    - VanCleef called up to 6 guards in combat (75%, 50% and 25%)
    - Orcs had a Racial called Blood Fury. When activated, it increased Strength by some amounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    wow, great thread. Best one i've seen on here. There were a few i knew of (some i heard from other players, some i was acutally playing when it happened) but as i joined early/mid TBC, loads of this stuff was new to me. Some of it is amazing to find out. Its funny how easy it is to forget how the game used to be. things like the seperate auction houses must have been so annoying lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

Just remembered another one, fairly recent change: you used to be able to fail at the gathering professions. I.E. you would try to pick an herb but after the cast finished you would "fail" and would have to try again.

Deleted
    I have long time to see an interesting thread in MMO-Champion. Keep it up!

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Just remembered another one, fairly recent change: you used to be able to fail at the gathering professions. I.E. you would try to pick an herb but after the cast finished you would "fail" and would have to try again.
    Yes,i remember that.

Deleted
    i remember most of these

You used to be dis-mounted anytime you touched water, Dustwallow Marsh was a nightmare.

The Corrupted Blood Plague(by dis-missing a pet with the debuff and re-summoning him in a town). This was the inspiration for the zombie outbreak pre-WotLK. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ_WdYvwrDA

Kiting Kazzak to a capitol where he became un-killable do to the way his attacks worked. This was the inspiration for Krull attacks during the pre-BC event. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl0VWJdE01M

According to the original WoW manual "When you are resurrected by a spell or soulstone, you revive with a condition called resurrection sickness"

There used to be a world-wide general chat channel.

Warlocks didn't have soulwells or summoning stones and mages didn't have mage tables.

Warlock's Doomguard and Infernal were guaranteed to break loose after a certain amount of time, however they could always break loose early.
    Doom Lord Kazzak for President.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Great post - good reads. Thanks for putting that together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrath View Post
    the area where you buy your honor pvp gear (Hall of Legends/Champion's Hall) used to be instanced and you could only go in if you had a minimum rank. the day I reached it, i was so happy. Not sure why it was that way unless they intended it to be someplace for the epic pvpers to hang out and chat amongst themselves. *shrug*
    I remember checking my ranking from work every Tuesday (I think it updated on Tuesdays) and when I finally reached First Sargeant or Stone Guard (whichever allowed you into the instanced area), I left work early to come home and see if for the first time.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome!

I can think of one thing you forgot, "Shadowguard"

very interesting, reminds me of the good old days.

very good read.

thank you!

Having slogged through all the posts :-) I've got a couple of TBC things.

The Priest talent Flash of Light (if a Smite crit'd, you got to instantly cast another Smite) was not supposed to allow the "free" cast to crit, but it did, so you could (if you where lucky) have a good chain of critical Smite hits.

Orginially the the Black Morass (CoT) instance Gnomes had to swim between all the islands whereas everyone else could run.