Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terkis View Post
    I played a paladin back in vanilla, but I remember a few things that changed about rogues:
    -Vanish required Flash Powder
    -Rogues had a class specific profession (in addition to lockpicking) that allowed them to brew poison. The mats were all from a vendor (Poison supplies).
    -Speaking of lockpicking, that required "Thief's Tools" I believe, in addition to disarm trap. You obtained that from the quest that taught you poisons (and could be bought from poison supplies, along with flash powder).
    -I also remember an item that was useless by the time I realized it existed: blinding powder, was it? It's now a gray item with flavor text, same goes for thief's tools, flash powder, and all the mats for brewing poison.

For paladins, I only remember BoK as a low-tier Prot talent, and I remember seals were 60 seconds before WotLK. This may be just a hazy memory but in vanilla Lay On Hands had ALOT of cooldown, somewhere around an hour or something.

I also vaguely remember Detect Magic and the old honor system, with the points and ranks awarded at the end of the week, with gear that costed gold and required a certain rank. Great post, BTW!
    Indeed Lay on Hands had a HUGE cooldown.

And the old honour system - ranks 1-14 - you could get to rank 10 with a few weeks grinding, but to get to rank 14 would literally mean not working and grinding pvp for 16 hours a day for two weeks with a dedicated pre-made. You were a demi-god at r14.

lol

there is a lot of erroneous information on this list, but i would have to say the worst offender is this:

"-Priests had racial spells, but some of them were turned into baseline priest spells and some other removed. (human-desperate prayer/troll-hex of weakness/undead-devouring plague)"

The real rub was ONLY DWARVES HAD FEAR WARD and it was on a three minute cooldown, making them a requirement to do Onyxia.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneknitter View Post
    -If you enter the house north of Goldshire at 7:40 am, you will see 5 children forming a pentagram. You can hear banshee screams, creepy music, and the C'thun sound file saying "You will die".

That scared the hell outta me mon!
    The kicker to that one was that the house is a cabin next to a lake. Co-incidently named Crystal Lake. And the kids are all named after victims from the second (or was it the first?) Friday The 13th movie.

---------- Post added 2010-10-01 at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dekanos View Post
    The real rub was ONLY DWARVES HAD FEAR WARD and it was on a three minute cooldown, making them a requirement to do Onyxia.
    The REAL rub was that Alliance players actually believed this. Meanwhile the Horde (who had no EZ mode fear preventer) was happily killing onyxia through the clever use of a skill called Stance Dancing (and no, tremor totem didnt count, because back then it pulsed like every 5 seconds, which meant that most of the time, the dragon had already breathed on half the raid before it removed the fear).
    Last edited by Surfd; 2010-10-01 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Awesome thread, thanks!

In Vanilla shamans' Sentry Totem was bugged so that it froze you in place when you casted it. That allowed for exploring the world because you could keep jumping and casting it so that you get frozen mid air and continue climbing.

You could teleport to a major city with the disease from Hakkar and spread it to everyone.

Baron Geddon could cast his bomb debuff on pets and if you dismissed your pet and then summoned it in a major city you could kill a ton of people.

At the AQ gates event often horde and alliance would help each other in completing the quest to open the gates. Most noticably when fighting the dragon in Moonglade.

Only dwarf priests could cast Fear Ward.
    Last edited by Navixo; 2010-10-03 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terkis View Post
    I played a paladin back in vanilla, but I remember a few things that changed about rogues:
    -Vanish required Flash Powder
    -Rogues had a class specific profession (in addition to lockpicking) that allowed them to brew poison. The mats were all from a vendor (Poison supplies).
    -Speaking of lockpicking, that required "Thief's Tools" I believe, in addition to disarm trap. You obtained that from the quest that taught you poisons (and could be bought from poison supplies, along with flash powder).
    -I also remember an item that was useless by the time I realized it existed: blinding powder, was it? It's now a gray item with flavor text, same goes for thief's tools, flash powder, and all the mats for brewing poison.
    *wistful, longing sigh*

Oh my, i remember seeing this post like a month ago and it's still as hilarious as ever.

Mmmm, 5/15 minute Blessings, Sanctity Aura, 30 second Seals, Seal of the Crusader, Blessing of Light, Blessing of Salvation, drinking after every kill from 60-70, strength/spell-power plate for dps, tanking in BC with Judgement, Consecration and Holy Shield, Exorcism and Holy Wrath to demons and undead only, healing crits giving mana back in Holy Spec... Classic Memories

Also don't forget the famous Eyonix saga.

Bus shock still lingers around the shaman forums as an inside meme.

GIVE US THE BIG IRONFORGE BACK!

This comes from an orc.

Deleted
    just gna shout out some stuff here:
    there is an area which you can reach by going in to saphironn's room in naxxramas and using an exiler of giant growth then slowfall to jump into what looks like an early version of northrend.
    There's an area northwest of Icecrown which has floating bits of water with no use at all.
    Rogues were useless against nefarion (the class call put them behind his tail and rooted them)... most depressing boss in my raiding career

---------- Post added 2010-10-04 at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    just gna shout out some stuff here:
    there is an area which you can reach by going in to saphironn's room in naxxramas and using an exiler of giant growth then slowfall to jump into what looks like an early version of northrend.
    There's an area northwest of Icecrown which has floating bits of water with no use at all.
    Rogues were useless against nefarion (the class call put them behind his tail and rooted them)... most depressing boss in my raiding career
    Shamans can use far sight to see anywhere, ANYWHERE if they have some mp5
    They reused the naxxramas loading screen, thats why it doesnt say wrath of the lich king on it

Deleted
    Not sure if these are in the thread.

taurens had a larger hitbox / could reach further with their weapons. That made them better sometimes as tanks due to bosses special abilities not hitting them. Is it fixed today?

in early vanilla most people used the same addon but later it sucked so nobody used it (was it named cosmos?)

Rogues could once equip 1-h sword by macro and backstabb with them, making their damage much much higher.

it was almost impossible to raid after launch because of the massive amount of people before blizzard made upgrades to their servers.

Not to long ago with the "pandemic" of the new flu, blizz had a debuff that was refereed to this (swine flu on wowhead)

I still have the quest for korrak on my alt which was a common thing to complete for the weapons at 50 or 51.

First kill of Nefarian was done with a Arms specced warriors as tank

You could change models to get where you are not supposed to go.

There was a quest for horde that allowed you to attack (dont think you could attack other horde players) NPC, this was abused to kill bankers and trainers. People got incredibly mad at anyone that did it and raged hard

Wow did not have the launcher at launch of the game. The game was much faster at starting and logging in compare to now

There was items in blasted land that had 50 (now 25) str/agi/stamina/int/spirit buff that you could get, and have all of them on you at once. Sadly it was obviously nerfed thanks to casual people.

Anyone remember when they banned the addon that allowed you to walk between points? Made walking much easier (aka botting!)

I wish someone would document everything that is happening in wow.

Deleted
    to the guy who wanted to move to a point, use click to move

Dwarf racial Stoneform used to lower movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    to the guy who wanted to move to a point, use click to move
    not quite the same as a botting program that plays for you =[
    Last edited by Bumdee; 2010-10-22 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh wow...well deserve praise to you for effort.

They should have this info on the official site somewhere, too good to pass up

I remember most of this, and still think of 'Guardian of Blizzard' when I explore new stuff.
    15 man raids remain the most fun of any raid content I've done. Oh nostalgia, you so sexy.

+Healing Gear used to work on Hunter's Mend Pet Skill. Hunters could solo alot of Raid bosses cuz of this, most popular was the Azuregos cuz of the youtube video.