Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many of the suggestions are very good

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Several bad changes:
    * totally idiotic (How You Move While Attacking and Casting- no i don't want the best walking or casting animations on other races) (guitar, drum, join dance, weddings, weight, hight, age, dual character)
    * plain boring (field activities, Education, Herbalism)
    * or overpowered changes (Vocation Dungeons- heavily favoring hybrids much?) (Warlock demons, mount and quests- favoring warlocks much?)

Cool stuff:
    * City attacks
    * visual mature filter
    * Player-in-Raid Information
    * Achievements from another
    * Vault of Archavon
    * Fixing Spam (in channels)
    * Kingdoms and Clans (Sub-Races)
    * Mining (simply fantastic)
    * Linen Bandage of Mana (maybe it would be best to create several types of mana bandages instead of one rank with X% of total mana -like food and water)
    * Dressing Room (mounts)
    1. How You Look While Casting just makes the game more random. It gets rid of some of the repeating-ness of the game.
    2. The /guitar and /drum macros are just for fun.
    3. Join Dance is for fun as well. Some people like the /dance emote.
    4. Weddings... guess you've never dated a gamer girl.
    5. Weight, height, age is to make the character customization a little more customizable.
    6. Dual Character is just an idea. Not important at all. It fits very well with my Soul Bound enchanting idea.
    7. Field Activities is just something more to do so players don't get bored. Maybe if you're waiting for a raid to begin you and a friend can go play something.
    8. Education is boring? Lol! Please don't tell me if you're American or not. Education would give kids a little more brain power and wouldn't make WoW a complete waste of time not to mention the tax benefits for Blizzard.
    9. Vocational Dungeons is basically a daily quest(s) that is in a solo dungeon that you can complete it 3 ways: high strategy, low strategy, no strategy.
    10. Blizzard said they might add a new demon for Warlocks. Not my words, theirs.
    11. Did you really say that mounts are overpowered?
    12. I do like Warlocks. I have an 80 lock, war, pal, rogue, sham, and DK. I also have a 70 mage and hunter.
    13. City Attacks is one of my favorite PvP ideas. The other is Plunder Isle just because I'm a big DAoC RvR fan.
    14. Visual Mature Filter! Big yes!
    15. Bandage of Mana would be regular kind then Heavy and Strong. Strong is being added in Cataclysm. YAY BLIZZARD!

Rest of your "cool idea" labeling is good.
    I just wanted to defend what I was trying to pull off with your "bad idea" labels.
    Last edited by admielke; 2010-06-18 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Bandage of Mana

Quote Originally Posted by admielke View Post
    1. Education is boring? Lol! Please don't tell me if you're American or not. Education would give kids a little more brain power and wouldn't make WoW a complete waste of time not to mention the tax benefits for Blizzard.
    2. Vocational Dungeons is basically a daily quest(s) that is in a solo dungeon that you can complete it 3 ways: high strategy, low strategy, no strategy.
    3. Blizzard said they might add a new demon for Warlocks. Not my words, theirs.
    4. Did you really say that mounts are overpowered?
    5. I do like Warlocks. I have an 80 lock, war, pal, rogue, sham, and DK. I also have a 70 mage and hunter.
    6. City Attacks is one of my favorite PvP ideas. The other is Plunder Isle just because I'm a big DAoC RvR fan.
    7. Visual Mature Filter! Big yes!

Rest of your "cool idea" labeling is good.
    I just wanted to defend what I was trying to pull off with your "bad idea" labels.
    No i'm not an American. I'm portuguese
    I just don't like the idea of education inside WoW. Wow is supposed to be fun, medieval and about improving your character while meeting new people and maybe play with your friends, not real/scientific/mathy (Education wise)

Also i think no kid in the world would play that Education functionality. Hell, the age i was when i started WoW, i would never try your "Education" stuff,and i was actually a 'nerdy', i liked school.
    I just think it doesn't interact well with WoW.

Well i might have exaggerated a bit with emotes and weight/etc. It doesn't really seem that bad if i think about it a second time.

About warlocks: no, mounts are not overpowered. However heavily favoring one class is a bit bad for everyone else. Why would only warlocks get new demons (very important in their gameplay) and a Flying mount?

Hell a paladin probably could use their wings to fly, a Hunter could probably tame flying/ground beasts into their mounts (which would be cool), A mage could probably sumon a phoenix or "conjure" an arcane entity and mount it, etc.

Please don't say Druids have a flight form. I do have a 80 Druid but actually think its a bit dumb to only one class have such functionality when others have the lore and could have it in another way.

I do like perks. I just don't like major perks.

About class quests: you could probably get away with warlock quest if you delved more into other classes' lore. I just think you gave too much importance into warlocks than the others.

City Attacks would be very nice indeed, and would actually ressurect world pvp if it could be added into villages worldwide (a bit like the way Halaa can be taken by either faction.
    Last edited by flame; 2010-06-18 at 11:03 PM.
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc's Command is better the way it is now IMO

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    No i'm not an American. I'm portuguese
    I just don't like the idea of education inside WoW. Wow is supposed to be fun, medieval and about improving your character while meeting new people and maybe play with your friends, not real/scientific/mathy (Education wise)

Also i think no kid in the world would play that Education functionality. Hell, the age i was when i started WoW, i would never try your "Education" stuff,and i was actually a 'nerdy', i liked school.
    I just think it doesn't interact well with WoW.

Well i might have exaggerated a bit with emotes and weight/etc. It doesn't really seem that bad if i think about it a second time.

About warlocks: no, mounts are not overpowered. However heavily favoring one class is a bit bad for everyone else. Why would only warlocks get new demons (very important in their gameplay) and a Flying mount?

Hell a paladin probably could use their wings to fly, a Hunter could probably tame flying/ground beasts into their mounts (which would be cool), A mage could probably sumon a phoenix or "conjure" an arcane entity and mount it, etc.

Please don't say Druids have a flight form. I do have a 80 Druid but actually think its a bit dumb to only one class have such functionality when others have the lore and could have it in another way.

I do like perks. I just don't like major perks.

About class quests: you could probably get away with warlock quest if you delved more into other classes' lore. I just think you gave too much importance into warlocks than the others.

City Attacks would be very nice indeed, and would actually ressurect world pvp if it could be added into villages worldwide (a bit like the way Halaa can be taken by either faction.
    OK good. I've been getting annoyed by foreign people saying how all Americans are stupid.

Education inside WoW is toggled so if you don't want it then you can toggle it off. All it would do is change minor things so you have to actually think about things using math and history. There's also the idea of changing the language of certain things which would work perfectly with my suggestions for the NPC of a quest speaking the brief top part of the quest window.

"No kids in the world would play that Education functionality." NO KIDS! AWESOME!

The reasoning for having a lot of suggestions for Warlock is when I heard that Blizzard might add a new demon I thought up of these being an option for that 1 new Warlock pet. The other ones aren't even changing anything but the graphics of demons that you spend "Improved" talents on.

Mounts are mounts. They don't make the class.

Class quest lore was just a quick type up. Blizzard could easily make it tons better.

I've always liked the BG idea of Retaking our Capital for that exact reason.

One last thing is I haven't had 1 piece of feedback for Environmental Hazards such as tornadoes, volcanoes, etc. Or the idea of breakable content such as barrels.

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Orc's Command is better the way it is now IMO
    Problem with set amounts is it becomes weak later during the expansion.
    Having it always a percentage makes it stronger with better gear but since it's such a low percentage it won't be a huge bonus.
    I can change the percentage lower if it's too strong.

I do appreciate the imagination and work on this, and the (sort of) contribution, and I dont want to sound mean or an ass. But most of the suggestions I read (I didn't get to read everything) are difficult to balance. I'll just comment about a couple of random things I read. The legendaries being heirlooms that continue to be usefull. That'd be something like "Hey, I got my Shadowmourne/Val'Anyr/Warglaives, so I won't have to worry about getting a weapon ever again." and that's just lame. Also, being able to kill a boss more than once, but without looting has already been covered by Blizzard staff on the forums, but I'll repeat more or less what they said: "This would end up having, for example, the main tank of a guild helping everyone out on their ICC10 (or w/e instance it is) group, and being horrible for him". More or less that's what they said about it, and it's really obvious it'd be like that.

I did like some of them though. Such as the MT and OT thing over the head of tanks, that'd be ok, but can be accomplished with the in-game marks (circle, square, etc), or the raid info thing where you put the vent details. Most of the good suggestions were UI things, some can be accomplished with addons, others not.

Blizzard. Hire this man!
    Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    Bladestorm does not get stopped. the damage you do does. No one is stopping you from spinning around like a top with your arms held out.

they are just taking away the stick before you hurt someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    All gold seller is smart, grammar used by they are much good.

Quote Originally Posted by KinzoX View Post
    I do appreciate the imagination and work on this, and the (sort of) contribution, and I dont want to sound mean or an ass. But most of the suggestions I read (I didn't get to read everything) are difficult to balance. I'll just comment about a couple of random things I read. The legendaries being heirlooms that continue to be usefull. That'd be something like "Hey, I got my Shadowmourne/Val'Anyr/Warglaives, so I won't have to worry about getting a weapon ever again." and that's just lame. Also, being able to kill a boss more than once, but without looting has already been covered by Blizzard staff on the forums, but I'll repeat more or less what they said: "This would end up having, for example, the main tank of a guild helping everyone out on their ICC10 (or w/e instance it is) group, and being horrible for him". More or less that's what they said about it, and it's really obvious it'd be like that.

I did like some of them though. Such as the MT and OT thing over the head of tanks, that'd be ok, but can be accomplished with the in-game marks (circle, square, etc), or the raid info thing where you put the vent details. Most of the good suggestions were UI things, some can be accomplished with addons, others not.
    Legendaries wouldn't level that fast. Would just make the legendaries last longer much like Ulduar's legendary not lasting much.
    Being the main tank for a guild would just mean you're a tank. You can always say no.
    And no you didn't sound like an ass.

World Event LFG was JUST ADDED!
    World Event LFG: Under the Dungeon Finder window and if "Specific Dungeon" is selected there's an option for "World Event" which will be whatever the current world event is. If no event is current then it will be blanked out.

For sub races:
    Dwarf should have Dark Iron
    Blood Elf should have High Elf not Highbourne
    Night Elf should have Highbourne.
    Or vice versa the elves NE have HE and BE get HB

Other than that I like it.
    Last edited by luccadeo; 2010-06-21 at 09:04 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some nice ideas, some terrible ideas, some things that could never ever happen, some ideas that are just a fan fantasies, and other ideas that don't work for other reasons.

A lot of effort with little thought, looks more like a fans horny fantasy then anything else. Sowwy.

Also, post it on the official forum and not here if you want Blizzard to actually notice it.

15+ Year Old Account
    nice ideas.

I like most of them, except the pvp ideas. and the expansion ones.

btw the climbing idea was something that occured to me too, it would be nice to see that added to the game.

This probably took an incredible amount of dedication and hard work. You sir/madam HAVE to be congratulated for it. Some of the suggestions are simply awesome and SHOULD be implemented (CUDOS ON THE WARLOCK suggestions - THEY... SIMPLY... ROCK!)

Oh almost forgot: /sighed for an epic thread
    Last edited by Dragonshardz; 2010-06-22 at 12:10 AM. Reason: awesomness

Deleted
    You made a lot of work there. Remembers me of a little kid who wants to change the world by writing letters to the pope.

Some of your ideas are common ideas, so possibly they get implemented some day. Others are just too.. well.. lets say expensive to implement. Well, and some of your ideas are .. strange.

You will see none of your ideas being implemented in the near future, no matter how much time you put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Some nice ideas, some terrible ideas, some things that could never ever happen, some ideas that are just a fan fantasies, and other ideas that don't work for other reasons.

A lot of effort with little thought, looks more like a fans horny fantasy then anything else. Sowwy.

Also, post it on the official forum and not here if you want Blizzard to actually notice it.
    This. At the beginning of your post, you say these ideas come partly from your 'experience'. Well, you must have very little, because 90% of these [ideas that could affect gameplay/combat] are completely imbalanced, and would utterly ruin the games combat system.
    Don't get me wrong, you do have some good ones, but most of which could easily be made with an addon.

To be completely honest, it looks as if you just took ideas from all of your favourite games and from a fan's fanatasies, as Noomz so subtly put it, and tossed it all together.

Even just a *few* of these being implemented - let alone most of them - would destroy what WoW is and was.

I do like a lot of your ideas, however far-fetched they may be. They're fine from a creative standpoint, but not very well-thought-out from a gameplay point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    This. At the beginning of your post, you say these ideas come partly from your 'experience'. Well, you must have very little, because 90% of these [ideas that could affect gameplay/combat] are completely imbalanced, and would utterly ruin the games combat system.
    Don't get me wrong, you do have some good ones, but most of which could easily be made with an addon.

To be completely honest, it looks as if you just took ideas from all of your favourite games and from a fan's fanatasies, as Noomz so subtly put it, and tossed it all together.

Even just a *few* of these being implemented - let alone most of them - would destroy what WoW is and was.

I do like a lot of your ideas, however far-fetched they may be. They're fine from a creative standpoint, but not very well-thought-out from a gameplay point of view.
    What would ruin the game? Anything in particular?

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 01:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You made a lot of work there. Remembers me of a little kid who wants to change the world by writing letters to the pope.

Some of your ideas are common ideas, so possibly they get implemented some day. Others are just too.. well.. lets say expensive to implement. Well, and some of your ideas are .. strange.

You will see none of your ideas being implemented in the near future, no matter how much time you put into it.
    Thanks for the compliment! Kind of, think you said I'm a kid writing to the pope but meh, good enough!
    What are the strange ideas?[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    This probably took an incredible amount of dedication and hard work. You sir/madam HAVE to be congratulated for it. Some of the suggestions are simply awesome and SHOULD be implemented (CUDOS ON THE WARLOCK suggestions - THEY... SIMPLY... ROCK!)

Oh almost forgot: /sighed for an epic thread
    Thanks! The only reason why Warlocks have the most is there's 2 new demons when Blizzard said they might add a new demon for Warlocks. And there's screenshots of what I think pets that are fully improved from talents can morph into.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    For sub races:
    Dwarf should have Dark Iron
    Blood Elf should have High Elf not Highbourne
    Night Elf should have Highbourne.
    Or vice versa the elves NE have HE and BE get HB

Other than that I like it.
    I'll change that around.
    Thanks.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

Most people think they're fan fantasies. I guess that's what I'm doing? Lol!
    What ideas don't work for other reasons?
    Thanks for the compliments though.
    But if you read earlier I was banned from the official forums for posting another person's idea on Warlock set bonuses before The Burning Crusade was released. I even said I don't know if these are real but I would love to have these as bonuses for tier sets. Found out they were unreleased content.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    nice ideas.

I like most of them, except the pvp ideas. and the expansion ones.

btw the climbing idea was something that occured to me too, it would be nice to see that added to the game.
    What's wrong with the PvP and expansion ones?
    I really hope they add in climbing ladders and rope idea too!
    Last edited by admielke; 2010-06-22 at 01:42 AM.

good lord, what have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    good lord, what have you done?
    What haven't I done?

Pretty obvious you play Warlock :P

Game Play
    48 Suggestions

Basic Game Play
    Face Emote: Type /face to face your character towards your target. Will not follow your target like in Dark Age of Camelot.
    this /face emote can be abused in combat.

seem like a bad idea
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?