Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PvP with a Two Hander is just pure win.

WARNING: This is just for some BG fun, NO SERIOUS (lolarena) PVP. If you are into serious PvP, leave.

Some of you might remember ... I ninja'd Brynntroll on the first of April. (Attention-Whoring at it's finest :P)
    It was a rather trollish thread, but I was serious about it and thought I'd give it a try.

You might think that 2H-PvP is "dead"? Well, it may not be the best thing to go with in arena, but there
    is something that makes it just too awesome in BGs.

As I started, I was in pure PvE gear. 500+ hit, 26 Expertise, around 5500 AP, the usual PvE fag.
    It sucked.
    I saw some big numbers, but that was it. A single stun and I was kissing the ground.
    But then ... I started to get some gear. 270 PvP hands. 251 PvP legs, chest, shoulders. Then I had some luck
    in VoA and the 264 Waist dropped, got it. I bought the Wrists and the 264 Medaillon.

I went FULL ATTACK POWAAAAAH, because I love big crits. We all love big crits.
    So, right now I'm sitting at 5500AP unbuffed, 43,77% crit and 747 Resilience. The stats are still UNDER DEVELOPMENT
    and I still have about 400 AP to gain (upgrades etc.), but for now I'm doing pretty well.

No, wait, it's awesome. Really.
    ITS FREAKING AWESOME

Next step is Heroic Bryntroll and Heroic WFS, aswell as some new boots.

But ... are there any stats I'd have to look at? Like a hitcap in PvP / Spell Pen / Resilience?
    What do you guys suggest? Should I screw those stats and go full AP instead?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    first of all you should take your ninjaed bryntroll and shove it up your A..

second of all you have the meele hit cap, you have enough critt and spell pen why would you want that when you are going for meele crits? ressi is to low but then again you are going for the one hit wonder my 2c
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz View Post
    first of all you should take your ninjaed bryntroll and shove it up your A..
    You got that one wrong. I didn't ninja it. Nobody wanted it, so I took it with pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz View Post
    second of all you have the meele hit cap, you have enough critt and spell pen why would you want that when you are going for meele crits? ressi is to low but then again you are going for the one hit wonder my 2c
    Because I don't want to be a glass cannon either. I still want to reach the caps. Not all of them, but at least some of them.
    I guess that Spell Pen is useless for me, so I can disclaim it?

Phai I know exactly how you feel about the 2 hander... I still use it in 2s BCleave for kicks... 1900.

Wrath Decapitator

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    in that case congratz for your bryntroll :P well as a shaman you are and always will be a glass cannon atleast untill cata. the ressi cap is around 1400 or so if i can reemember right. my sugestion is that you should go for all out ap and then find the amount of ressiliance that suits your playstyle/the enemies you face in your BG's since the skill of them/gear they have may vary from battlegroups
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Between slower Maelstrom procs and the russian roulette style WF procs, and no lavalash, I would not be able to hold on to it, if you want too, kudos to you I suppose. Spellpenetration might be usefull, dont forget about shocks, Windshear and you still have (very slow) Maelstrom procs.

Maybe haste can be a little usefull, to get those 3 second swings down a little.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I arranged a guild to run me through Heroic Marrowgar 25 this saturday.

Bryntroll 277 is reserved

WOOHOOOOO

Might go for heroic Deathbringer's will as well, since all their hunters, rogues, and warriors already got it.

I LOVE IT <3

I'm going for the melee hitcap, and around 80 spell penetration. The rest is pure AP.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post

I'm going for the melee hitcap, and around 80 spell penetration. The rest is pure AP.
    This is what I am also thinking of. Mass AP, high WF crits = nerdgasm.
    Also, GIEF HEROIC BRYNTROLL! :<

Been trying to pick up a heroic Bryntroll or a Heroic Cryptmaker for myself, although I gotta wait for all the offspecs to get theirs first and then I can get my grubby hands on it. Sounds like good fun, especially if you happen to encounter some non-resi clothies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only clothies It's so fun to bash away 50% or more of a Retri Paladins life with a single hit after he thinks "lol enhancement shaman DIS WILL BE EEZY" and encounters you with his lolstorm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    Not only clothies It's so fun to bash away 50% or more of a Retri Paladins life with a single hit after he thinks "lol enhancement shaman DIS WILL BE EEZY" and encounters you with his lolstorm.
    This is so true.

I run 2v2 with a resto druid, and faced a rogue/fr mage combo.

They where like: lol enh with 2h lol auto-win

So they opened up on me, and i trinketed kidney shot, summoned my wolves, BL, purge spammed the mage while hammering at the rogue - proccing windfury several times - causing him to vanish twice- and sprint towards the mage

Only to unleash a beastly 17.5k quadruple crit in his face (shields where all purged) which caused him to panic and waste iceblock while my druid spam-cycloned the rogue

GG after that.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

OP would be better off re-rolling Elemental if he wants to see big crits.

Anyway, I advise you to get somewhere around 900-1000 resi. How is your HP atm? Spellpen in theory is usefull, but since you're only after huge-@ss WF crits I would not bother with it, and only enchant my cloak with it, and just fill every fricken gem-slot with AP. Don't go for crit gearing/gemming btw, AP is king(aka, if you still have a death's choice/whatever, go for that one)

Have you done BGs with two one-handers? People just fall over, you don't even need windfury. Hell, you could literally just faceroll and people would die.

Some of you might remember ... I ninja'd Brynntroll on the first of April.

You got that one wrong. I didn't ninja it. Nobody wanted it, so I took it with pleasure.
    No offense meant but.... WUT?

Might be an idea to have two single handers as well for extra stamina and resilence while you're closing the gap, then have a weapon switch macro when you get into melee. Maybe even put Earthliving on them to assist your self heals!

Infact, it may be possible to be so good with weapon switches that you dual melee to get stacks of Maelstrom (maybe even, god forbid, fast weapons?) and a few Lava Lashes, then switch to the two hander for Storm Strikes? I'm unsure if that will cause a GCD?

Will mean possibly you don't get your Windfury hit on your two hander though... Unless you time between the hidden cooldown perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgore View Post
    No offense meant but.... WUT?
    on the first of April.
    'nuff said
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

I'm doing the same on a lesser scale, I got my normal PvE gear which is a pretty crappy but healthy 232/245/264 mix and i'm busting around battlegrounds with a Tyrannical Beheadder, depsite the set backs (lol) its so much fun, getting a zerker in WSG and just noming up half of someones health, I can only dream about it with 264/277 gear and 100% ArP
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post

Bryntroll 277 is reserved

WOOHOOOOO

Might go for heroic Deathbringer's will as well, since all their hunters, rogues, and warriors already got it.

I LOVE IT <3

Bad news... it got stolen by a 3.2k dps DK..

I feel terrible right now, since i paid them all to take me along...

Edit: i did 6.5k dps with full pvp gear.

This thread inspired me to get my IMBA Tyranical Beheader and Enhancement gear from the bank and make me a 2h enh pvp spec. I got full relentless mainset and Wrathful offset. Do you use a Shield macro? I got one switching to 2h and one switching to wrathful enh wep and wrathful shield. You're right about the bg's it's awesome critting people for 10 k Please write more about how it is going for you :]
    Last edited by Skogtrollet; 2010-06-20 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Gonna get the 2h wrathful axe, just decided :D oh chea
    ''Argh, I would have OBLITERATED all of those 1v1!''

The pvp hit cap is 5%. I'm into serious pvp; so i hate you (sarcasm, you asshole). The expertise you can drop, you really don't need much because there's always gonna be a rogue with 20% dodge that you're just gonna get dodged on anyway. If you're into big crits stack AP, it's universally sound against all targets for those WF crits, which i'm guessing is what you're after.

Don't bother with stacking spell pen all you're gonna do is waste your ability for WF crits and you already stated you're not serious. No one is gonna resist your windfury crits.