Lightbulb help with a paper for computer science

I'm not sure if this is the right section, or if there even is a right section. But as I assumed that a computer off-topic section would be pretty close. I looked at the rules of this board but found no specifications on the sort of threads belonging here, so forgive if I am off.

I'm working on a paper on Moore's law for computer sciences. And by paper I mean rag where I kinda asked some people questions for, yet somehow still magically end up with an A-. Seriously, it's awesome. I once did a project he gave us 3 months for in the 30 minutes between 2 classes at the last possible moment and got a B+.
    Anyways, I'm looking at Moore's Law (computer transistors capable to be placed inexpensively doubles every 2 years) in real life. I'm also looking at other things that they say moore's law applies to.

If you would be so kind to fill out these questions(if you don't know everything, you can just skip the ones you don't know. If you know the information of more than one generation back, please give that as well):
    1. What is the memory, RAM and power usage of your current computer?
    2. What is the memory, RAM and power usage of your previous computer?
    3. How long ago did you purchase your current computer
    4. How long ago did you purchase your previous computer?
    5. What is the amount of pixels of your current digital camera/mobile phone(please specify which one, if both apply, please tell both)?
    6. What is the amount of pixels of your previous digital camera/mobile phone?
    7. How long ago did you purchase your current mobile phone/camera?
    8. How long ago did you purchase your previous mobile phon/camera?
    9. Has your budget for these sort of things changed considerably between the purchase of your previous and current appliance?
    Notes:
    - sorry for the crappy english.
    - If you have an external harddrive, please give the info as well, if I get it from enough people, I can integrate it into the paper

If you assist, you will be allowed to punt this gnome: http://bestgamewallpapers.com/files/...me-warlock.jpg
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

A lot of ph.d computer scientists, myself included believe Moore's Law was invented out of convenience. Intel Co-founder writes a law specifying computer hardware power requirements and capacity doubles every 2 years. Sounds to me like a way to imbed marketing into people's heads. You are seeing a power draw slow down now due to us hitting a physical barrier wall with silicon based processors.

I can go into this for days, but this old style thinking goes with the whole, change your oil every 3000 miles.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

4.64 TB, 2GB, 650W
    120 GB , 512MB, 320W
    well the last component i put in was December but the major change from my previous computer was last January
    5 years ago
    camera 8MP
    camera 3.1MP
    christmas gift in 2008
    birthday present in 2004
    yes

im gona decline answering this....because my face hurts from the facepalm
    1. What is the memory, RAM and power usage of your current computer?
    /e rolls eyes

and you study IT.....

............................................________........................
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
    .........................,/...............................................”:,........
    .....................,?......................................................\,.....
    .................../...........................................................,}....
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
    .............../...................................................,:”........./.....
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lethalnl View Post

/e rolls eyes

and you study IT.....
    You're forgetting the part where it's a paper on Moore's Law that doesn't ask any questions regarding motherboard/CPU models so that they can figure the difference in the number of capacitors, but then again:

Quote Originally Posted by ijffrie View Post
    I once did a project he gave us 3 months for in the 30 minutes between 2 classes at the last possible moment and got a B+.
    This person doesn't seem like the best of students anyway.

this sounds more like a marketing paper vs. a comp sci paper.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by lethalnl View Post

/e rolls eyes

and you study IT.....
    sorry, hard drive memory and RAM memory.

This person doesn't seem like the best of students anyway.
    It was only because I was dissapointed by the fact that I spent 3 times as much time on the previous project as anyone else and we all got the same grade.

And thanks Kiniss
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    It was only because I was dissapointed by the fact that I spent 3 times as much time on the previous project as anyone else and we all got the same grade.
    One day you'll realize that school isn't about the grade. It's about what you should be learning from the process. Putting together a project in 30 minutes teaches you nothing, regardless of the grade it gets.

Regardless, I'm not here to lecture and MMO-Champion isn't here as a tool for people's homework assignments.