T10 4 piece set bonus for holy

I currently have the option to equip 4 x T10 set for a holy priest.

Each piece would replace a lvl 264 crafted or emblem item.

Is the 4 piece set bonus worth having bearing in mind that I will lose out on other stats?

Thanks for your help.

15+ Year Old Account
    armory link?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

When I log in to the armory it says "this account has no characters"

Any idea why this might be?

the answer is...
    yes.
    t-10= win, everytime.
    This signature has been removed due to a violation of the Signatures + Avatars guidelines.

I like the t10 4-set.

That said, you could make a case (if you're having trouble getting the tokens to upgrade it) that higher itemized 264 pieces (if perfectly itemized for your build) would give you more effective healing.

At the end of the day, it depends a lot on your style of Holy, and if the t10 pieces are giving you the stats to support that.

Can't link my armory page as I don't have enough posts to post a link.

Maybe this one will help.....

I am not a spambot honest.

Just post with your characters name and server, we can find your armory page with that information.

do some 25s and get marks... the 4piece is worth it.

The 4-piece is really good. The only tier item you should not get is the chest. It should be replaced with Sanguine Silk Robes.

Server:Khadgar (EU)
    Character:Samell

If you look you will see that I have killed Saurfang in 25man 13 times and yet never won a mark roll, sob, sniff.

Currently focused on downing LK in 10man....

Here's your armory page, for future reference: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dgar&cn=Samell

Answer for you is extremely simple though: If you have access to 264 T10 then you should be using T10 Helms, Legs, Gloves and Shoulders. Priority should be Legs > Gloves > Helm > Shoulders for you.

Oh and try to avoid all those Spirit/Crit pieces like that, they're really only useful once you haste cap and you're only halfway to the cap. Best items until haste cap are: Haste/Spirit > Haste/Crit > Haste/MP5 > Crit/Spirit > Crit/MP5. Just keep that in mind when gearing up.

You lack to much haste on the set items, I haven't done the calculations, but with test of faith and 20% buff and beyond of ICC, the 10% extra healing on your COH would be more overhealing which could be used for the haste your heavily lacking (Not sure though, just gear whatever you like, doesnt really matter anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    You lack to much haste on the set items, I haven't done the calculations, but with test of faith and 20% buff and beyond of ICC, the 10% extra healing on your COH would be more overhealing which could be used for the haste your heavily lacking (Not sure though, just gear whatever you like, doesnt really matter anyway)
    I disagree. The reason the 4 pieces suggested exclude the chest is because you only get two Crit pieces to get that 10% bonus to CoH and the Chest has an obvious Haste/Spirit option (from Princes on both 10-man and 25-man) or even a Haste/Crit option from Emblems. I also don't believe there's a 264 Haste option for Shoulders or Head except maybe from Heroic ICC-10, but he doesn't have access to those.

The problem here though, is that the OP is asking if replacing the 264 off-set pieces are worth replacing with 251 set pieces. I would say that the 251 Haste set pieces (legs and gloves) are probably better than 264 Crit off-set pieces you're using, particularly since your Haste is so low, but obviously the Shoulders and Head would be a direct downgrade. So, it's a tough call until you can get some set tokens to get some 264 pieces. My suggestion would probably be to use 4pT10 on fights where CoH is very useful (BQL, Festergut, Sindragosa, etc), and switch back to your 264 off-set pieces for fights where it's not useful (Saurfang, Rotface, Princes, etc.). Of course, once you get some tokens, that won't really be necessary anymore. Either way, make sure that, beyond just doing Saurfang, you're also doing VoA for a shot at getting them in there too.

Also, your gemming is a little odd. Why are you using both +23 SP and +20 Haste? I see an MP5 gem in there too, and Holy should always use Spirit if they want to match a blue socket, not MP5. You may want to revisit that, and your Intellect trinket too.

I think it's a good bonus to have on long healing heavy fights tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Personally, I wouldn't worry about swapping into the lower-tier pieces until you get some marks. You're geared to the teeth as it is. With the ICC buff, those set bonuses are pretty trivial IMO. I'm sure some will disagree with me, but whatever.

Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated.

Can I just clarify that it would be better for me to replace all the SP gems on my current gear with haste? Would be great to have an explanation as to why this is better.

The comment about running VoA made me smile as I have run this damned instance every single week on both 10 and 25 man since it was launched. Still never had a lvl 264 item drop for my MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Samell View Post
    Can I just clarify that it would be better for me to replace all the SP gems on my current gear with haste? Would be great to have an explanation as to why this is better.
    I think you should gem according to what you feel like you need instead of going by simple numbers. If you need a bit more quickness with your heals, then put more haste in. Doing the math and figuring out that you can fit so much of one heal in between the cd of another is a bit silly IMO. I'll get blasted for saying that, but it's how I feel.

I gem according to what it feels like I need. If I can't seem to get heals off quick enough, then I'll throw some haste in. If I feel like I'm not critting enough, then I'll look towards gear with that. If I feel like I need more "oomph" to my heals, then spell power it is. I know what the numbers are, I just don't feel the need to design my character after the cookie cutter spreadsheet like everyone else. I still do fine in ICC even though I'm way far away from the haste cap that is supposedly a "must".

Quote Originally Posted by Samell View Post
    It's a little more nuanced than that because there's a lot of factors at work, but you're at a point where Haste is probably at least equal with SP. One thing is, the more SP you have, the more Haste is worth, and vice versa, so even from a pure HPS perspective, stacking one over the other is unlikely to be ideal. Another thing to consider is that SP makes each heal a little bit bigger, while Haste means you can get out a few more heals. The reason this is important is because if your heals are sufficient to cover the incoming damage, SP will have a higher and higher contribution to overheal and less to effective HPS; meanwhile, more Haste means you can cover more people, which translates to better raid stablization and potentially less healers (which, in turn, means more DPS). Finally, we also have to consider the ICC buff. If you could cover the incoming damage on a certain number of people at 15%, then at 20% you need less SP to cover the same amount of damage on the same number of people; thus, as the buff increases, the relative value of SP drops because it won't help you cover more people, but Haste will.

Regardless, you may want to experiment with a little more Haste, especially since your gear is very Crit heavy.

The comment about running VoA made me smile as I have run this damned instance every single week on both 10 and 25 man since it was launched. Still never had a lvl 264 item drop for my MS.
    Hey, worth a shot... I was lucky to get both my gloves and legs out of there so I saved on DKP.
    Last edited by Zeuq; 2010-06-22 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Coding Error