Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    No news so far. I've been following the blue posts quite closelly, but nothing was mentioned about Heirlooms since Cata went live. If it ever happens it'll probably take a while.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't think it will happen any time soon I'd love it if they did implement it, but for now i guess well have to sit on our hands and wait it out. D:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

News

let's refresh this because of todays news :

Bind on Battle.net account items?
    The first hint of bound to Battle.net account items appeared in this patch.

* ITEM_BIND_TO_BNETACCOUNT = "Binds to Battle.net account";
    * ITEM_BNETACCOUNTBOUND = "Battle.net Account Bound";

Will they change the actual BoA items into BoBnet items or will there be NEW items to buy? How shall that work if not even the BoA worked
    like it's called (bind on ACCOUNT.. not on SERVER<.<)..

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    let's refresh this because of todays news :

Bind on Battle.net account items?
    The first hint of bound to Battle.net account items appeared in this patch.

* ITEM_BIND_TO_BNETACCOUNT = "Binds to Battle.net account";
    * ITEM_BNETACCOUNTBOUND = "Battle.net Account Bound";

Will they change the actual BoA items into BoBnet items or will there be NEW items to buy? How shall that work if not even the BoA worked
    like it's called (bind on ACCOUNT.. not on SERVER<.<)..

Any thoughts?
    I wonder how you will be able to get the items bound to your B-net account to your character :S

they wont change BoA items to anything else imo
    just everything BoA will be eligible for all characters made on that specific WoW account

and before someone says it, no you wont be able to transfer them to other wow accounts that are on the same bnet account

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    I wonder how you will be able to get the items bound to your B-net account to your character :S
    I'd imagine it will be similar to how we see the armory pages list characters at the moment. If you look at the links above your character sheet in your profiles, you'll see: [name]@[server].

That would mean that you could mail an item (BoA) to [altname]@[server]. Naturally a same account check would be done and you would most likely see sent mails without the @[server] default to same server mail.

Quote Originally Posted by B@nj0 P3do View Post
    I remember reading about blizz implementing a mail service that enables you to send leveling gear accross realms/factions to your alts. anyone know anything about when this might be coming? been waiting impatiently for quite a while now! =/
    Highly unlikely as Blizz would lose way to much money from there highly overpriced realm/faction xfers.

Quote Originally Posted by xBloodchargedx View Post
    Highly unlikely as Blizz would lose way to much money from there highly overpriced realm/faction xfers.
    Realm/faction xfer fees have nothing to do with Blizz making more money, if they were free people would be doing it non stop for the stupidest of reasons, most stupid would be the super trolls that would do it for no other reason than to gum up the queues.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xBloodchargedx View Post
    The OP is a tad old and not updated for the recent news on the front page.

This information not only shows that BoA server transfer is something that they want to do, but that it is something that they are actively working on and investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayure View Post
    I'd imagine it will be similar to how we see the armory pages list characters at the moment. If you look at the links above your character sheet in your profiles, you'll see: [name]@[server].

That would mean that you could mail an item (BoA) to [altname]@[server]. Naturally a same account check would be done and you would most likely see sent mails without the @[server] default to same server mail.
    I am still wondering why would they go to all that trouble when far simpler solutions exist. They could make heirloom items unlockable for the entire account. A player would get to unlock an item in whichever way (gold, justice points, achievements etc), and from then on that item would be available to any of his/her other characters for purchase for free from vendors in all the major cities. No worries about cross-realm mail then.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    I am still wondering why would they go to all that trouble when far simpler solutions exist. They could make heirloom items unlockable for the entire account. A player would get to unlock an item in whichever way (gold, justice points, achievements etc), and from then on that item would be available to any of his/her other characters for purchase for free from vendors in all the major cities. No worries about cross-realm mail then.
    But then you can't enchant the gear, or rather, enchants would not be bound on account. Whether or not that is a big issue depends on the player, personally, I love having my enchants (dual crusader on rogue leveling daggers? Awesome) There is also the issue of where to put the heirloom vendors. With mail my character can be anywhere in the world with a mailbox. Having the vendors at starting zones would be needed for new alts, and then probably capitol cities for existing alts, for all its problems mail is convenient.

There is nothing to know. There is no news. Per Blizzard, Soon™
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

The vanity items from the Blizzard store are Bnet account bound

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I asked a GM for such a thing.. I got a simple reply: Send the heirlooms to a level 10'ish char - and migrate it.
    I'm quite sure thats the only way to send heirlooms faction / serverwise.

Anyone knows if you lose guild heirlooms? (Head / cape) If you migrate a char away with them?
    Last edited by Xaarn; 2011-02-25 at 04:27 PM.

Would be nice if this IS a glint of hope of being able to send my heirlooms to other realms. Would please me to no end to see it come true.

Deleted
    How can a item be BoA (Bind on Account) if you cant send it to whatever character on your account?

I´d say they better implement that you can send cross-realm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    We'll probably see BoA cross realm transfers at the same time we see the dance studio.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Realm/faction xfer fees have nothing to do with Blizz making more money, if they were free people would be doing it non stop for the stupidest of reasons, most stupid would be the super trolls that would do it for no other reason than to gum up the queues.
    They could implement some sort of filter that you can only transfer realm 1 time/6 month or so....no need for it to be a pricetag on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaarn View Post
    Last time I asked a GM for such a thing.. I got a simple reply: Send the heirlooms to a level 10'ish char - and migrate it.
    I'm quite sure thats the only way to send heirlooms faction / serverwise.

Anyone knows if you lose guild heirlooms? (Head / cape) If you migrate a char away with them?
    I doubt you would lose the items. Since the items are buyable from the guild vendor and therefore made BoA/Bind on BNet and you can sent them away to your unguilded char or one in different guild. Only that you wont be able to buy the items again in another guild if you did not pass the requirement.