Thread: Arygos

Arygos

Name: Arygos

Mortal Guise: Arygos the gnome

Race: Dragon, of the Blue Dragonflight

Class: Considered magi, knows much in multiple schools of magic

Personality: Arygos is a dragon very similar to his father, Malygos. Some might say that Arygos is Malygos, had he not been corrupted and turned insane as he did. Arygos has a very strict and direct personality, putting much importance in respect and proper speech. He is a marvelous fighter as well as powerful mage. When faced with a challenge, Arygos becomes cryptic, thinking and speaking in riddles, as is common to the Blue Dragonflight. Another very interesting fact is that Arygos, during the eons after the sundering, worked on dividing his own consciousness, allowing himself to both talk to anyone around him while still leaving half his consciousness to think, unhindered. Arygos does not fight unless provoked, and when he does, he will normally be killed. The reason for this is that he was mellowed, during his youth, by both Alexstrasza and Ysera in the years following the sundering, when he was gripped with a red rage at mortals for having destroyed the source of magic so foolishly...

Likes/Dislikes: Arygos loves riddles. He loves the way they roll from the tongue, causing the receiver to have to think, to use his mind in a new way. This is annoying to some but Arygos does not care much. He knows that if it ever came to a fight, he would win. He is also a very fond believer in proper speech, in a proper form. In effect, if ever you meet Arygos on a street, ((I would first recommend to run away)) and you spoke to him with rage and/or blood thirst, he would toy with the mind of the person, causing them excruciating pain or making the person go insane. Even though he is so proficient in battle, he does not often fight, being mellowed by two of the five aspects. He dislikes anyone to speak of things out of turn or insult someone else behind their backs. The one thing Arygos can not stand is an insult to his flight and/or it’s leader, his father, Malygos. He is also eternally grateful to his sibling, Andorgos, who freed him from the temple of Ahn’Qiraj after the defeat of C’thun.

Appearance: A gargantuan in size, Arygos is a dragon with scales of a deep azure blue, that shine of the thousand lights of magic when caught in the sun. He is a respected figure among the dragons, but not known for his good looks. His claws are of a unnaturally perfect white and are always sharpened to a perfect point by their owner by rubbing them against a mineral called thorium, found in the southern reaches of Kalimdor. He has a deep, gravelly, rich voice that is permanently infused with a layer of magic that make his words sound like a soothing melody to most mortals. This meager spell has less and less effect if the person listening has a stronger mind. Arygos is almost as big as his father, Malygos, but not quite there yet. He is powerful, but not as powerful as the aspects; although, when compared to the average dragon he is a figure to be reckoned with. His wings are a huge leathery membrane, reinforced by magic to withstand being punctured by any mortal weapons. He is very muscled and has multiple battle-scars along both of his flanks, the most prominent being the one on his left leg, cause by his fight with a demon lieutenant of incredible power during the battle with Aegwynn.

Whilst in gnome form, Arygos is quite eccentric, normally choosing to wear quite the flashy attire, always including a Blue belt of pure sapphire that seems to bend and flow with the lithe figure. Many a rogue has tried his hand at touching the belt but it, as most of Arygos, is protected by several spells that causes the pick-pocket much pain to get close to the belt, as well as alerting Arygos immediately. His hair style is quite particular, normally consisting of hair that stands on end and a very intricate mustache that Arygos prizes to keep as perfect as humanely possible. He likes to always have a small goatee that adds to the mystical aura Arygos seems to seethe with. He normally wears a golden brown vest and wears either an intricate robe or some armored pants. His feet are always covered with tailored shoes that leave no footprint.

Arygos uses no weapons while in his gnome disguise and prefers to use magic to hurt his enemies.

Strengths/Weaknesses: An Extremly powerful magic user, Arygos was taught in the ways of the arcane, fire, water, ice and darkness during his youth. He also learnt some other types of magic during his many travels on the world. Arygos was equaled by almost none in the Blue dragonflight, save his sibling, Andorgos. His strength whilst in the shape of a gnome has always been his outward behavior, not afraid to show his true colors and using his remarkable magic against all without a second thought. He is quite ingenious when it comes to mind games and can easily figure any problem when/if he puts his whole consciousness on the task. This being said, he is also a master blacksmith, considered one of the few still alive to mage pristine weapons that can absorb enormous amounts of magic. His disadvantages are clearly his egotistic behavior when it comes to combat. When confronted with any opponent, Arygos immediately believes himself stronger then them, because of his greater experience. This turns against him when he rushes head-strong into an encounter against an opponent he can not beat. This was the case when Arygos opened the passage into Ahn’Quiraj and was subdued by C’thun, the old god. To this day he keeps a grudge against all old gods for the short imprisonment that followed.

History: Arygos was born in the great mountain ranges to the east of the Well of eternity on the immense mother-continent Kalimdor, as it was before the great sundering. He was raised there by both his father and a few other dragons of his flight. Even though he was the first of his father's sons, he was not the first son of the flight, many more having been born from magic before, and not by mating. He always resented his father a bit for this, though it was a minor trifle and did not affect him in any way. He was raised knowing he was the son of an aspect and destined to become great. This attitude slowly got to his head, warping his personality to become more self-aware and eccentric; not that this bothered Malygos, being quite the eccentric one as well. He was busy taking care of the flow of magic in the world, as was his task. Arygos became a very independent whelp, not often asking for help, save from his brother Andorgos. His brother played a great part in shaping his childhood, being the voice of reason in times when Arygos got carried away with a scheme to control the mortals or such blasphemy. A tightly-knitted bond grew between the two siblings; a bond that Arygos cherished for his whole lifetime. Arygos and Andorgos were as close as two of the dragon-kin could ever be.

Arygos had a fun childhood, undisturbed by the outside world, save one time when a group of nocturnal humanoids came from the fount. The exchanges between these beasts and Arygos' kin had been short and to the point, and they had been left alone, keeping on their eternal duty to keep Azeroth from chaos. He was tutored under the watchful eye of his father, Malygos, along side his brother. They both became proficient with magic, more so then the other flights. This was to be expected, considering who fathered them.

Life took a more relaxed state for the next five hundred years, nothing disturbing the calm lethargy that had settled over the world. Only, all good things are not meant to be, and from order and justice, comes chaos and destruction. During his 536th year, an emissary came to them, a powerful druid that went by the name of Furion Stormrage. He came willingly, and seeked an audience with the great and powerful aspect of magic, Malygos. He explained to Malygos, Arygos and Andorgos what was happening with the Quel'dorei, the corruption within the Highbourne, and the chaos that would soon arise from this chaos. He proclaimed that the Burning Legion, and horde of mindless demons, led by a traitorous titan, would be coming to Azeroth, using the fount as a portal, allowing this 'Sargeras' to take control of Azeroth and desecrate all life that resided on it. Malygos would not allow this. He accepted to help the Elf during a powerful counter-attack.

Immediately after this meeting, Malygos sent both Arygos and Andorgos flying, Arygos to the Red flight, to inform Alexstrasza of the attack and ask her assistance, Andorgos to the Black flight to do the same with Neltharion. Both flights accepted, knowing this would be the best course of action. Messengers were then sent from those two flights to inform both Ysera of the green and Nozdormu of the Bronze.

The ensuing battle would haunt Arygos for the rest of his long, seemingly eternal life. The hordes of demons were formidable enemies, and he received many wounds, none of them severe enough to hinder Arygos' prowess in battle. He fought with all his might, both magical and physical, knowing that the dragons were to play a crucial role in the battle, and he did not want to be on the losing side.

Then... it happened. He felt it. The portal to allow Sargeras to enter Azeroth was opening, his impossibly huge shadow could be seen through the waters of the fount. It was surreal. It was chaos. Arygos was, for the first time in his life, afraid. Then, something worse happened. The power being channeled through the fount was cut off, and subsequently released in a massive cataclysm. Arygos flew with all his might, trying to escape the blast. Mighty boulders hit his wings and scales, hindering, but not stopping Arygos. He had a determination to live that would not be stopped by pesky stones or water. He continued his endless flight for a while, slowing considerably after the first hours, due to fatigue.

The great sundering of the continent of Kalimdor was the worst thing to have ever happened to Arygos and, to this day, it remains as the worst. All the magical energies of the fount were propelled throughout the world, providing a layer of pure, uncontrollable magic to every sentient race that lived at the time. This was what allowed the later species to learn and manipulate the magics of arcane, fire and water. Following this, Arygos went into a brooding depression. He landed onto an island, made a cave and went inside. He then sealed off the entrance and then forced a magical sleep upon himself. For the next thousand years Arygos remained in the very bowels of his mind, deeply engrossed in thought. During this time he learnt to sever his mind, having two completely distinct consciousnesses, able to think of two things at the same time. Arygos remains one of the only dragons to ever successfully sever his mind whilst remaining whole and sane himself.

((1 more part, this one is quite a doozy!))
    Last edited by Black Mage; 2010-06-25 at 04:26 PM. Reason: adding history

More dragons o-O?

Are you going to also RP as Lady Onyxia :c?
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

haha! no, I just always consider myself the "dragon keeper" as I know much about the dragons and their lore; I have always loved them. So, I thought it would be best to get some solid characters out there. This is my last dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by End'ghao View Post
    haha! no, I just always consider myself the "dragon keeper" as I know much about the dragons and their lore; I have always loved them. So, I thought it would be best to get some solid characters out there. This is my last dragon!
    goody, someone other than me versed in dragon lore!

And good. It's fun to explore new avenues, and have different characters :P

Added his strengths and weaknesses. ((shameless bumping, need some more comments, to see if the story flows.))

(( bump)) give me some more feedback, more history inc.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.

Not really
    Last edited by Garots; 2010-06-25 at 04:38 PM.

Bump was requested by a mod, so don't freak about any possible necroing. The character isn't done yet.

End, do you remember what happened to the blue dragonflight when Deathwing turned traitor?

You left that out.

Ah... yes, forgot that one, around what time did the betrayal happen Madgod?

It was during the war of the ancients... probably... halfway through?

By the way, how's he going to survive it? That's my biggest concern.

this gives me and idea for a character...
    one that dislikes dragons.

maybe.
    “The shadows will hide me until my true power is recognized.”
    RP Character -- Niklaus "Nick" Giorgiovo (My First)