Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Gnomish Civil War

((Needed some back story for my mechano-gnome, so this is about when he was still a living gnome))

There was once a time when some of the gnomes rebelled. They believed that the Alliance wasn't helping them, and they would break away.

There were two sides :
    The Loyalists - the Alliance gnomes
    The Rebels - gnomes who rebelled against the Alliance

The Rebels fled from Ironforge to Stormwind, and there they commandeered a boat. They sailed to a fairly large island, and there they set up a fort. In the months following, they set up defenses such as walls, sieges, and guns. While all of this was happening, the Loyalists were back in Ironforge, planning. They were buying ships and war machines such as planes and sieges, too.

((Note - any race can enter. Also, please identify which side you are on))

Map -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie was a loyalist. He had been assigned to lead a group of seven pilots, and he got his own flying machine. They trained hard to become good pilots and shooters. They waited for the order to sail.

((Another thing, I will control the weather and major npcs, such as Gelbin Mekkatorque and the rebel leader (Let's make this interesting....it's Millhouse Manastorm! He's mad at the gnomes for not rescuing him in the Arcatraz) ))
    ((Lastly, you can make a gnome just for this story if you want))
    Last edited by Valakin; 2010-06-22 at 01:02 AM.

(( okay, coming in as End'ghao. Going as a healer for the Loyalists. I'll maybe change to the rebels later in the story, depending on the motives of both sides and how the RP progresses.))

Rakzor was listening to his captain, Morg Darkhowl.
    "We're going in, and we're going to wipe both factions out. Without the gnomes, the Alliance won't have any of their fancy tech and we'll crush them under our heels!" Darkhowl roared. The rest of the small regiment roared in aproval.
    "Rakzor, Kruk, Nokru, you're going to each be leading a piece of this regiment in ships behind the invading Alliance forces. Wait till they have breached the first line of defense and have filled up the corridor that seperates the first set of gates and the second, I want you to rush in and crush them. Kruk will attack from the left, Rakzor from the right, and Nokru will backup both of them. Lok'tar, men! Crush them!" Darkhowl roared the last part, and the small army roared back at him.

Rakzor loaded onto his ship, settled all his men in, then went above deck. A couple goblins were fiddling with some cannons. He sat back and waited for the Alliance war vessels to appear on the horizon, which would signal him to prepare the men.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

End'ghao was walking the streets of Ironforge, in the trade district, taking in the sights and sounds of the busting city all around him. He had not expected Ironforge to be such a hub of activity in the short time it had been here... No, no, End'ghao was getting confused again with time.... Ironforge was an ancient city, deserving of this bustling commerce.

As he was walking aimlessly around, a small figure, no larger than 2½ feet tall, bumped into his legs, breaking the reverie that he was in.

He asked the small gnome, "What's all the rush, little one?"

The gnome was clearly offended by being called little one, even though End'ghao had been referring to the age difference. "It's war! It's war! some Bottle-nosed, Foul-mouthed -"

End'ghao frowned, "If you are to speak to me, make sure you do it without a foul mouth, gnome" said End'ghao, adding power to his voice, making it slightly lower and quite a bit more gravely.

The gnome was aghast, but he quickly recomposed himself. " Uhm" he coughed, "I am terribly sorry sir, just that we are in such a rage that it is hard to contain; a group of... Rebels..." he said the last word with unhidden hatred, it being such a kind word compared to what he was thinking. " They have turned against the alliance, and we will be taking them over, annihilating them... We will make them pay!"" said the gnome with glee "For the alliance! For the alliance!" he said as he ran off.

End'ghao stared at the small figure running off and decided to follow him. It would be interesting to be there, as that was where things were happening. He would try to enter the army as a healer or such, and, most of all, would want to know both sides of the story before making a choice for where his loyalties resided. He did not care much for forsaking the alliance, or the horde for that matter, as he had no stable allegiance to both.

End'ghao quickly turned and followed the gnome from a distance, keeping a brisk pace...

Aalena strode through the ancient Dwarven city. As she wandered through the Mystic Ward towards the Commons, she heard a small creature's feet scurry through the nearby area. "Just a gnome on his way.", she thought to herself. Then, she heard louder, larger footsteps, following the smaller ones. She turned around to face the direction of the noise, and called upon the Light to grant her vision. She saw a small dim light in the form of a small humanoid, and then a larger, brighter one following him. The larger being one seemed to have an enormous glow around him, different to any other human. Aalena decided to investigate, and followed the noisy pair on their way.

((Loyalist, just encase you were wondering.))

(Allied with rebels acting as a mage/healer and device/war machine/defense leader of the rebels. Should i control npc's, I have always found it uncomfortable to use them, but I can make do.)

Indraenormi flew into the rebel island and planned on helping these men be free. Really why can they not be, this island has been peaceful for so long. History seemed to have brought Indraenormi here, but she knew that this is the good side. Carrying with her many battle wards, totems, traps, bombs, ichors, and mobile battle machines (auto and manual) in her enchanted never-ending bag. This battle was going to be big and she knew that a lot of casualties will occur, but this has to end with the Rebels winning, they need to win so they can live outside of the warring alliance.

When Indraenormi entered the island she made her way to the fortress and searched out the leader of this war camp, but could not find one. Instead she found only gnomes of high rank spitting out orders left and right. Ildrae thought that this fight would be fun if she fought as a Blood Elf would be fun, setting in some irony, Blood elves despised gnomes for their short stubby legs, high intelligence, and their grimy always grease covered beards (engineering wise).

Walking around the room she made it well known that she was here to help out and started setting up the machines and totems/wards/traps all over the island and had each location of the traps and such marked on the map in the fortress which each ally of the Rebels had to memorize so that they could not trigger something bad unto themselves. There were poison traps, explosives, fire/water/air/eart totems placed down in many remote areas, heavy duty buried spike-clamp traps, magic restricting wards, stat deterioration wards, and many more. These were all found throughout horde and alliance war rooms, Argent dawn/crusade war stocks, weapons from Malygos's archives, dalaran mage traps and wards found in their archives too, and so many more from many more different places.

This war was going to be big and defenses had to be tight and secure before it started. When Ildrae was flying around in her dragon form she noticed some peculiar horde war ships in the distance. When she got close she activated a slow fall spell and a water breathing/water speed spell to make it to the ship. When she got close she noticed Rakzor a person she has worked with many times in the past.

Climbing the ship was easy, she was a magical dragon after all. Standing next to Rakzor she called out to him, "Rakzor, what matter of business is going on here. Last time I was in Orgrimmar, which was two days ago nothing big was going on dealing warring situations. And why is it that you have war ships out here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Millhouse Manastorm listened to the report. "We are all fortified, sir. We continue to build siege engines, also. They will never defeat us! Also, the grain-makers have been set up." "Very good...very good. Alright then. Dismissed"

((You can do whatever you want, Ouri. Just don't do things that don't make sense.))

"We're going to crush the Alliance!" Rakzor roared, bellowing a laugh afterwards. "In this battle, the majority of the Alliance gnomes will be killed. Then the Horde will have a serious advantage over the Alliance, since they won't have their technology anymore."

((Also, my character doesn't know you; it's not in his backstory or anything. Can't make stuff like that up out of the blue. Just a bit of advice.))

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

End'ghao followed the gnome until he reached the place where the leader of the gnomes, Gelbin, stood shouting orders.

He came close to the throne and was immediately shoved by a gnomish guard to a register on which was inscribed hundreds of names under the title : "The assault"

End'ghao shrugged, why not?

He took the offered charcoal and signed his name.

((My character is a dragon of history, she has met about most of the characters be it that they pay attention to it. My character helped out in most of the organizations of WoW and she has done work for every faction and has done a lot for the horde/alliance. So it is possible our chars met.))

((I'll accept that, but my character wouldn't remember you.))

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

((ok, good enough. With my everlasting memory I would remember you.))

Ildrae looked over the ship with its forces of brutes and soldiers. The fight that all three factions will have would be big. Seemingly enough she reached into her magical bag and pulled out three disable runes. These runes had the power to restrict the flow of electricity and energy in an area with the range of 15 meters. Ildrae handed them over to Rakzor and explained what they could do and how they can be used three times each and that is it.

"With these your brutes could have a larger advantage against the alliance. Now what do you plan on doing to the Rebels Island that I am defending? I hope you do not mean them harm for they, the rebels, are trying to run away from corruption in the alliance."

((I'll hop in tomorrow.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Wandering into Tinker Town, Aalena was shoved to the side. Then, a patter of small feet approached her and said, "A blind alien? You'll be of much use...", and she heard them scurry away, laughing manically. Aalena was offended. "These are Loyalists? Rude and discriminatory? Maybe it was a mistake for my people to join this Alliance. Their cause is not worth my effort, and their opinions of others is quite pathetic.", she muttered to herself.

Aalena strode out of the Gnomish area of the city, and travelled directly to the Great Forge. "Since I cannot actually get to the Rebel Island, I'll have to leave.", she mumbled, "I guess both these factions can go to hell, this planet isn't any improvement at all.". Aalena then purchased a gryphon and left the city, heading back to the Exodar.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2010-06-23 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((A few things. Blackjack will be joining the rebels (queue horror music). The rebels DO NOT have anyone in IF, Aalena. They are all on the island.))

Charlie paced his room in the inn. He was loyal to the Alliance, but sometimes he felt as if the rebels had a better cause. What a crazy war this was.

((Sorry. It was like a secret informant. I'm also blind, so I can't really find my way there. I'll just change it so I leave this thread.))

10+ Year Old Account
    ((You can join, just make it so it's like the underground railroad (Are you american?) Some gnome sends you on a journey to another, he sends you to another, and so on until you reach rebel place))

End'ghao went wandering in Ironforge, looking for a way to pass time before boarding the vessel that would bring him to the front.

Whilst traveling towards the commons he saw a priest walking in a hazardous way, looking for all as if she was blind... He decided to go investigate; after all, to normal onlookers, he had a band of black cloth across his closed eyes.
    Last edited by Black Mage; 2010-06-23 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    Milly Novabolt sighed, leaning back in her chair and drumming her fingers on the pristine shop counter in front of her. She hadn't had a customer for three days, and it was apparent the rest of the intelligent portion of the population was engaged elsewhere. She frowned and began to lock up her store.
    (Going to join Loyalist )