10+ Year Old Account

Can a macro watch a cooldown?

My problem is such: I switch boots alot and wish to monitor my Nitro Boosts cooldown.

Is this possible with a macro?

Note: showting tooltip on the boots wont work because I have like....3-4 sets of boots sometimes and if the boots are not equipped the cooldown wont show up.

It doesnt need to do anything with said cooldown just let me know that its ready.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, macros can't do that. Macros are on-command, not passive.

There is a function like:
    /in 10 /say hi

When u push it, it sends the message 10 secs later. This macro is only useable with speech emotes like /say.
    You could combine this with the activation of nitro boots and set the timer right. Dunno if it has maximum sec limit

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The /in function is provided by the Ace framework, and if you're trying to go addonless, will not be available.

There is a possible approach similar to how I macro my trinkets.
    The /use command can not only accept item names, but it can also accept a number which defines the slot on your character sheet.
    /use 13 and /use 14 are two seperate macros I use for my trinkets, so it will use whatever trinket is present in that slot, but after some testing (by replacing the number repeatedly) I found that number 8 is for the boots, so a /use 8 will create a macro that when activated will use any "Use" effect on your boots, and just do nothing should they be ones without such an effect.
    For a visual indicator on it, ensure that there is #show or #showtooltip as the the first line of the macro as required.

Try
    #show 8

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

You want this macro:

Code:
    #showtoolip
    /use 8
    That's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tellmewhen is great because it makes the icon pop up on your screen when it's ready, and you can position it anywhere.

if you have an addon that shows cooldown timers on the tooltips and put the boots on your action bar you will see the timer for them

I don't know about macros but there's an addon called NeedToKnow that can track just about any spell/trinket/cooldown/buff you want.

I think all you need is this:

/use 8

It shows the boots you have equipped at the time and you can press it for activating the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    The /in function is provided by the Ace framework, and if you're trying to go addonless, will not be available.
    this is wrong. /in is provided by wow
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    bone123, you're incorrect. Load up a completely addonless toon, and make a macro to test it. The /in command does not work if Ace2 or Ace3 is not loaded in some fashion (either standalone or as a library with another addon).

I just tested this myself. Also, typing the /in command (I used "/in 5 /say 5-second delay test") directly into the text editbox gives the error "Type '/help' for a listing of a few commands." when Ace2/3 isn't loaded.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    wrong, plz edit this out

Taryble is corret as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."