Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton View Post
    Jider was PURPOSELY abusing game mechanics
    What the hell? Are you saying that intellignet use of dig rats and vanish are abusing the game mechanics? of a raid that was 2 years ago? and comparing it with a LKHM kill? dude... my pot is way better than yours, you gotta get off that crap and find yourself a new dealer coz umadmyman. this guy KNEW what he was doing was irrelevant to anyone. Ensidia KNEW they were cheating their way to a world first, they admitted it themselves, anyone else that says otherwise is a butthurt kungenassholelicking fanboy. this guy geared himself up, grabbed all the things he could to give him an edge over outdated content and pwned raid bosses by himself. 4 patches later.

Jider > Ensidia.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    What the hell? Are you saying that intellignet use of dig rats and vanish are abusing the game mechanics? of a raid that was 2 years ago? and comparing it with a LKHM kill? dude... my pot is way better than yours, you gotta get off that crap and find yourself a new dealer coz umadmyman. this guy KNEW what he was doing was irrelevant to anyone. Ensidia KNEW they were cheating their way to a world first, they admitted it themselves, anyone else that says otherwise is a butthurt kungenassholelicking fanboy. this guy geared himself up, grabbed all the things he could to give him an edge over outdated content and pwned raid bosses by himself. 4 patches later.

Jider > Ensidia.
    Because of this: Berserk - After nine minutes of combat Grobbulus will berserker enrage. Increases all damage done by 1,000%.

Still... good job.

The amount of sheer hatred and flaming this post has received reminds me of how petty and bitter this forum's community has become.

Gone are the days where things like this are found neat and interesting, and even fun. In a way this method reminds me a lot of the 'reckoning bomb' kill that paladins used back in the day, but this is even less relevant considering it was done to a boss that is 4 raiding tiers old.

Is it cheating? Maybe. Is it a clever use of game mechanics? Hell yes. That isn't the point...it is neat.

Okay, the reason why he was PURPOSELY abusing game mechanics is the same reason that he was PURPOSELY abusing game mechanics for his Patchwerk kill. You are given X amount of time to kill a boss. To reset this timer after engaging the boss and not having the boss's HP reset is technically abusing game mechanics. That's not the point that I was trying to make at all however.

The point I was trying to make is that achievements in WoW are relative. I realize that people dedicate months and months of their time to high end raiding. Good for them. It literally effects no other people in the world other than the people that are in that raid. The difference between Vigil or Ensidia or any other top guild doing 25 HM LK and killing him first is completely relative to the people who give a shit who kills him first. I personally don't. Some people do. In my opinion, caring who kills a boss first is stupid because it is a game.

The final point I was trying to make that was apparently lost is that both Ensidia and Jider abused game mechanics. Ensidia may have "accidentally" abused mechanics, as the accidentally is questionable, but Jider KNEW that he was abusing pathing mechanics in order to get around the enrage timer. Does it really matter? No. I couldn't care less.

The whole point of my rant is that people are hypocrites for having seperate treatment of the same action. Both of them did the exact same thing in my opinion. It's funny because I remember getting a Blood DK tank trying to solo Rotface and everyone flamed him because he took away all the mechanics of the fight. Whelp, Jider did the exact same thing for Grobbulus but he's a hero. It's just stupid and pathetic how hypocritical the WoW community is.
    Last edited by Handsylton; 2010-06-24 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethbob View Post
    Too much work for no reward imo.
    except the 200 gold loot + 30-40 gold for items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Thoroughly enjoyed his Patchwerk kill, kudos for doing this aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    See a lot of people saying that he is just wasting time for no reward, etc. Technically, the only real reward we get from WoW is something to waste our time on.