Cancelled my account (WoW)

Hello fellow WoW players

I did just cancel my account to World of warcraft in order to make a new 1 (other had some god damn payment issues wich weren't mine (don't bother saying "call blizzard cause i did")) So my question is, can i re-activate the account if i want to or?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

1400 posts and you don't know the basics about wow accounts? Methinks you should take more time and learn your account than sit on forums aye!

To the 1st answer = Thanks

to the 2nd = I can't, i didn't read Terms of Use

X[ u dont have to read the terms of use, its logical if u cant afford wow for a month u just cancel ur subscription not ur account
    Last edited by gron_c; 2010-06-23 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gron_c View Post
    X[ u dont have to read the terms of use, its logical if u cant afford wow for a month u just cancel it ur subscription
    I know how the subscription for payment works .... i just wanted to know if i would cancel my account (i'm quiting til cataclysm) if it was possible to cancel it permanently so i wouldn't be hacked

EDIT : My friend (best friend irl) knows my account name but i'm scared for all the mail and stuff
    Last edited by muffinboy; 2010-06-22 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinboy View Post
    if it was possible to cancel it permanently so i wouldn't be hacked
    You can't cancel it permanently through the account management. Getting the account compromised doesn't just randomly happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate View Post
    You can't cancel it permanently through the account management. Getting the account compromised doesn't just randomly happen either.
    It once got hacked when i was in Germany ... i didn't know about it, nor my friend until i came home

How to cancel it permantly, do everything possible that could get you a perma ban and bam your account is now useless, then call blizz and say a hacker did it when you want it back.

NOTE: Just in case you cannot detect sarcasm do not do what i just said above.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinboy View Post
    It once got hacked when i was in Germany ... i didn't know about it, nor my friend until i came home
    First off the majority of wow accounts aren't hacked at all but keylogged. Meaning there is a malicious software on your computer which can detect specific keystrokes and through doing that determine your email, wow, etc passwords.

Your account is often keylogged months before any changes actually occur to it (items stripped, gold taken, etc).

This is because keyloggers will accumulate thousands of accounts, and generally bulk sell them to a gold selling company and that company will then go through one by one and strip the accounts for currency.

So yes it's very possible to be out of the country, not playing, etc and your information is already comprmised without you knowing, then you come back and everythings gone.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2010-06-23 at 09:39 PM.