Thread: Trinket problem

Question Trinket problem

Hello everyone ... I have a problem with my equipment for MM Hunter.
    I Unbuffed 53.64% to crit and 929 ARP equipping the "Whispered Fanged Skull" (icc10 trinket to drop to the second boss) and "Deathbringer's Will (4th boss icc25).
    For a MM Hunter is better to use the "Whispered Fanged Skull" or the "War Hermkul Totem"?
    Thank you to have any answers ^ ^

You can find my equip on: wowarmory => Europe => Eoshope => Moonglade

WFS >>>>>>>>>> WHT

femaledwarf.com

/sigh

when will people learn...FEMALEDWARF.COM
    Can I get some Ice Blocks with my Kill Shot plz?

Ravéndíll - Turalyon

Ranged don't get the 24% glancing blows that melee get, so our crit cap is 100%, and then another 3.8% or something for crit suppression on level 83 targets. Therefore, unless you're over 100% crit in raids, don't worry about how much crit something gives you, it still helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    The crit cap for hunters is above 100% on a boss. Either way, WFS is much better than the lol token.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    The crit cap for hunters is above 100% on a boss. Either way, WFS is much better than the lol token.
    He said that. Notice the "..and then another 3.8% or something for crit suppression on level 83 targets" part?

But yes, WFS is much better than HWT. The only reason to use HWT is if DBW/WFS haven't dropped yet. Which is the case with me (Or will be when I purchase HWT).
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

I'm going to argue that HWT vs. WFS is pretty gear dependent. For me to switch from WFS to HWT it's a 5 DPS loss. That isn't very bad, and WFS is on top, but not by much. And keep in mind my gear is only from 25m ICC, no heroic loots. Saying that WFS is way out in front is pretty wrong, seeing as it isn't. Now, I'd guess at different gear levels this changes to a more drastic difference, but it's not killer. That said, there is little use in purchasing HWT if you have WFS / have a good chance to get WFS.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com
    femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com

USE IT

Or Rawr if you'd like.
    Buuut.

femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com femaledwarf.com !!!
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    I'm going to argue that HWT vs. WFS is pretty gear dependent. For me to switch from WFS to HWT it's a 5 DPS loss. That isn't very bad, and WFS is on top, but not by much. And keep in mind my gear is only from 25m ICC, no heroic loots. Saying that WFS is way out in front is pretty wrong, seeing as it isn't. Now, I'd guess at different gear levels this changes to a more drastic difference, but it's not killer. That said, there is little use in purchasing HWT if you have WFS / have a good chance to get WFS.
    This only applies to single target fights though, on fights like PP, WFS is far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    This only applies to single target fights though, on fights like PP, WFS is far better.
    Oh, I'm not arguing that WFS trumps HWT. It obviously does, I'm just saying the difference is slight and on single target fights ala Blood Queen, it would be almost as good as WFS. If you do not have a WFS or other good trinket, HWT is still decent. Believe it or not haste is not a bad stat for hunters, it is in fact amazing! We just can't get enough of it to be worth our while. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste caps way to fast since it doesn't reduce our Gcd. Its basically useless on movement fights. So I wouldn't call it an amazing stat.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

People don't have to go play with femaledwarf, rawr or spreadsheets. It's just as viable asking fellow hunter for their opinion so give him a bit of a break :P.

As for what is better, stick with Whispering Fanged Skull and you'll be fine .

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia View Post
    Haste caps way to fast since it doesn't reduce our Gcd. Its basically useless on movement fights. So I wouldn't call it an amazing stat.
    I said it would be if we could get a LOT of it. We cannot. It's mind boggling to think of instant auto-shots, is it not?

EDIT: I know it is not possible to get instant auto shots, but logically if you hit a certain amount of haste you would. And my point being was that the faster your auto shots are, the higher the damage.

And really, if your auto shot does 2000 damage and you have 100,000 arrows and your auto-shots are instant, is that not the most awesomest idea?
    Last edited by feigning; 2010-06-23 at 09:25 PM.

There used to be a hard cap on auto shots, you couldn't fire faster than the reload animation of gun. I'm not sure if this still exists, but I'm sure it's not possible to hit 0.0, you'd fire all 100,000 arrows at once and get disconnected.

I pulled up femaledwarf and plugged in all of the best haste gear and buffs and used the 264 tanking gun with 2.1 speed and had all gems as 34 haste (technically impossible I just wanted to see the fastest attack speed) and this is what I got from 2193 haste

Effective Haste: 167.24% Avg Autoshot Speed: 0.78
    Display Haste: 137.2% Avg Autoshot Speed 0.88

So I don't really see it possible in any way to get to 0.0 speed.. unless you get like 10000 or more haste >.<

edit: just realized I can custom set gear stats on femaledwarf.com so I set haste to 12192 (as high as I could get it to go) and this is what I got

Effective Haste: 655.57% Avg Autoshot Speed: 0.27
    Display Haste: 570.64% Avg Autoshot Speed 0.31
    Last edited by Blada; 2010-06-24 at 12:15 AM.

I know, that's why I said it's not possible :P

The idea is just hilarious! with 1,000,000 arrows you could solo Heroic 25m Lich King in less than a second! :O

gogo femaldwarf