10+ Year Old Account

The Darkness of the Light (Story)

((Oki this will be my second rp char and since my small bio for this one got to long well i have decided to create a story instead, note that i have not the best english and this story is maybe not the best and i will write some more chapters the coming days))
    ((This will be about the Draenei Daarc and her journey from Outland and into the Alliance))

Part 1: The Priesthood

The sun shone down on the big blue mushrooms as ancient words could be heard from the hidden town on top of one of them. A young female was lying in a bed while a priest were saying ancient words. After what seemed like an eternity the child could be seen and the priest took and held the little one high up in the air, while blessing them both.

"You are lucky Shayree" The priest looked over at the exhausted young female.

"It's a beautiful girl, just see for yourself" The priest gave the little girl to her mother as she smiled.

"Pure white eyes, a light purple skin and hair as black as the night" Shayree looked at her little daughter and sat herself up.

"I could not have been more proud" Shayree held her daughter close to her chest as she watched the little one fall asleep.

"Do you have any name for the child yet?" The priest stroke the young one on her cheek gently.

"In fact yes, we have found a name for our little daughter" The mother looked up at the priest who waited impatiently for the answer.

"Daarc, after her grandfather Daa'rec" The priest laughed cheerfully before she blessed the two of them and walked out of the room, sending in the proud father so he could see his newborn daughter.

Light, Darkness
    The Never Ending Battle
    For Neither Of Them Can Exist Without The Other
    Yet They Can Not Find Peace

The years passed and Daarc became older and smarter. She enjoyed to spend her time with her family, the summer days in the big lakes and the cold winters around a campfire, this was a time with peace and friendship. The young draenei had two friends which she spent most of her days with, laughing and playing tricks on the elders, but when Daarc reached the age of fifteen a sermony was held in her city. The priesthood would pick out any lucky boy or girl who were gifted by the light. The priest who had blessed Daarc at her birth, stood at the side of one of the high ranking priests, with a smile around her mouth as she looked out over all the draeneis which were standing before the little group of lightwielders.

"The time has come once again, for the priesthood to pick out the young ones who are gifted by the light!" The old draenei that stood on top of the altar and talked gave Daarc a bad feeling, she did not know why, but something about the old man gave the young draenei a bad taste in her mouth.

"For generations the priesthood has held this ceremony, in honor for our ancestors, in honor for the great beings of pure light, the naaru!" The draeneis cheered as the old draenei said the word naaru, Daarc had heard a little about these floating symbols of light, but she have had yet to see one herself.

"The naaru's that brought us here to this planet, to escape the burning crusade that sweeps through the nether as a plague!" The old man waved his hand around, so some dust fell out of his palm forming a creature which looked like something from a nightmare.

"For this crusade of chaos brings with it sadness, corruption, pain and suffering!" One of the draeneis that was sitting close to Daarc spat on the ground, while the old priest was talking about this crusade.

"But today we will bring in new hope, today, maybe some of you which are sitting here right now will get the honor to serve the light as one of it's priests, vindicators or maybe monks" The old priest waved his hand again and soon the nightmarish creature disappeared.

Daarc and her two friends were set in a line as every child was tested, to see if they had any gifted powers. The line slowly became smaller, but even after around twenty young ones had been tested, none of them had shown any sign of being gifted by the light. After a while Daarc finally was sent up to the room where the priests tested them. The old man sat in the middle, with his long white beard and dark blue skin.

"Don't be afraid young one, come in and sit down" The old warm voice still made Daarc feel uncomfortable, but why she did not know.

"Tell my your name little child" The old priest were sitting with his legs in cross with some candles around him and his eyes closed.

"Daarc" A humming sound escaped the lips of the old priest before he opened his eyes.

"Daarc, hmmm... you have a strange aura around you" Daarc gave the priest a weird look as if he had said something offensive against her.

"Something.... something even i have never felt before" Some more humming sounds came from the priest before he continued.

"Yes, you have a very strange, but strong aura around you"

"And what does that mean?" Daarc looked at the old draenei who only smiled.

"That you have completed the first part of the test" The priest raised himself up, before he walked over to Daarc and put his warm hands on her forehead.

"Interesting, you have a strong soul, a sharp mind and you have something strange that i can't put my finger on what is " The young draenei gave the old man another weird look before she moved her head away from his hands.

"Stop making things up, no one can tell anything about a living thing with only putting his hands on a person forehead" The old priest laughed a little before he sat himself down again.

"And why not? I have been serving the light for quite some time now and this technique have proven to be very reliable" The old draenei took out a gray book from his long white robe and started to browse through it.

"Still, it sounds stupid" Daarc looked at the old priest who was browsing through the book.

"Ahh, you young ones never stop to amuse me" The old one ripped out one of the pages in the book and took up one of the candles.

"Why did you do that?" Daarc was shocked when she saw that the elder priest burning a page from his book.

"This is the last part of the test and the most important one" The other priests which were standing around in the room started to make the same humming sounds the old one had been doing.

"Now tell me Daarc what is your fathers role in society?" The young draenei looked like a question mark, why would he have to know about that.

"He is a hunter" A weak light spark shoot out of Daarc forehead when she was done talking and she fell backwards hitting the ground with her head.

"What was that?!" Daarc put her hand carefully on her forehead, blood her blood, Daarc jumped to her feet again and backed a little away from the old man, who was still sitting in the middle like a statue.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" Daarc panicked a little, she was not very familar with blood and she had only seen her own when she was very little. When she used to climb around everywhere.

"Calm down young one, just breath in slowly, think of something that sets your mind and body at peace and put your hand gently on your forehead over the little wound" Daarc breathed in slowly and put her hand over the wound again.

"Now think of something that warms your heart and try to transfer that over to your hands" Daarc tried to think of the warm summer days at the lakes, but nothing happened.

"Hmm, try to think of a more personal memory, which warms your heart" Daarc searched her thoughts for something more personal and soon found one. A very weak yellow light formed in her hands and soon the wound closed.

"Good, good, I'm proud of you Daarc you really have been blessed by the light" The old man raised himself up and walked over to Daarc.

"What, but i... i was never" The old priest gave Daarc a hug before he walked out of the room to announce that they had found one who were gifted by the light.

"My friends... my family... i was never" Daarc thoughts spun around in her head, she had been gifted, why? she had never wanted to become a priest or something like that at all.

The ceremony continued until dawn next morning and only three other child's from her town had been gifted, but none of her friends. Daarc used the night to say goodbye to them and she promised that she would visit the as often as she could town. Her parents was even harder to say goodbye to, Daarc had never been away from them and now she would be gone for over three years before she could even visit them again. Well at least her parents were proud of her and wished her all the best for this journey.

The day after Daarc and the other three from her town started the long journey to the Temple of Karabor which were lying deep in the lands of the orcish clan of Shadowmoon. On the way to the temple they visited many small towns and villages and soon they were over a hundred new young priests, vindicators and monks. Daarc was not sure if she was going to like being in the temple, but it was to late to go back now, her fate as a light wielder were sealed the moment she stepped into that old mans ritual room.

Part 2: The Orcish Horde

More years passed and Daarc became more adapt to the light and showed remarkable strength in faith. Still even though she proved to be a natural light wielder, something strange started to evolve inside her, something not even Velen himself would detect if he tried.

"No, no i can't be late again!" Daarc ran as fast as she could over to the main room in the ancient temple. She had not noticed that the sun already was high up in the sky and that the class had already begun.
    "Damn!" She said to herself when she finally reached the giant room with small candles and lights everywhere and green trees which were planted at the sides. Her teacher looked intense at her as she tried to sneak herself over to her place with out being discovered.

"You are late Daarc, for the fifth time!" The teacher pointed at one of the available sets in front of him as if it was supposed to be a punishment to sit there.

"But since you have been so kind to join us anyway, please sit down and pay attention for once" Some of the other apprentices giggled a little as Daarc found her way down to the front. She missed her family and friends even though she had just visited them.

"Gahh... this is so boring" Daarc tried to focus on what the teacher said, but her thoughts drifted away into the air and she felt hungry, hungry in a strange way.

After the teacher's lesson Daarc walked a little around the fountain outside in the center of Karabor. She felt herself connect with the light much better outside than inside one of the giant rooms with candles everywhere. The young priest walked around the fountain, not paying attention to her surroundings or any other. Suddenly she bumped into one of the guardians of the temple and she fell on her back with a crash.

"Watch out for where you are going priest" The guardian shook his head a little before he walked over to the priest and helped her up on her feet's.

"It's not very good for your own back that you walk around in your own thoughts not paying any attention to others" The large draenei stretched out his hand.

"My name is Akama and I'm one of the guardians of this temple" Daarc smiled as she shook his hand.

"And my name is Daarc and i am one of the thousand other apprentices here"

"Well now i hope you stop bumping into people before you break your neck or others" The guardian laughed as he walked over to one of the trees which were standing on the sides trying to grab one of the tasty fruits which hang down from it. Daarc on the other hand stood still for a little and just watched her own hand. She felt a weak magical fragment hold onto her. Had she really just now sucked out a fragment of magic with out even knowing it? It was a strange thought and for some reason she did not feel hungry anymore either as if the magical fragment had cured her hunger. But how could she have done this, she was no arcane master or anything else that was familiar with this kind of magic. Daarc scratched her head before she decided to forget this, it was only a very small fragment anyway could only be an accident.

Light
    Those Who Swear To Protect
    Those Who Promise Peace
    Those Who Never Give Up Hope
    Those Who Never Run Away From Fate
    These Are The Wielders Of Light

Not even how hard you wish or how hard you try, peace can never last forever and the burning crusade came at last to this planet to corrupt it as all the others they have visited. The war between the orcs and draenei raged on. The once peaceful shamanistic orcs had been turned into vicious killing machines. Without warning, without mercy and no honor they slaughtered town after town, murdering children in cold blood, ripping out their hearts in front of them for then laugh their evil hoarse laughter. These tales of the blood thirsty green monsters rampaging through the lands, Daarc had heard them all, why would someone do what they did? She did not know, but she had heard someone talk about corruption and that the Legion had finally found them, but she was not sure, they could just have suddenly had a urge to start a genocide.

I did not take long before the orcish horde finally reached the light filled temple and Daarc tried the best she could to help anyone she could. The vindicators took their giant crystal maces and charged forward against the brutal orcs. While Daarc stood in the back and healed those she could, but even though they all fought valiantly. The orcs were just to many and when the first line of defense fell they had already lost.

"FALL BACK!!" The commander for the draenei warriors screamed out as he pointed at the main room for the temple.

"Even if we barricade ourself inside there, these demons will get in eventually" One of the warriors at the side of the commander said as he smashed an orc skull with his mace.

"But it can give us time to come up with an alternative strategy" The commander looked over at the priests which were soon open for the orcs to slaughter.

"Damn it, FALL BACK AND PROTECT THE HEALERS!" The commander jumped over one of the orcs which were close and sent his mace flying into it's face so bits of teeth's and blood floated through the air as the green orc fell down on the cold stone floor. The commander quickly unsheathed his sword and with a terrifying roar he charged the orcs which were nearly through the last line now.

"DIE GREEN SKIN!" He swung his sword around a couple of times before he stabbed one of the orcs through the head, so the dark red blood sprouted out over all of his face.

"Demon scum" Two other orcs saw that the commander stabbed their friend and with a powerful battle shout they charged him from two sides. As the orcs closed in on the commander, the other warriors managed to surround the priests making it hard for the orcs to get to them without having to face a giant mace or sword.

"I WILL DRINK YOUR BLOOD BLUE SKIN!" One of the orcs shouted as he threw his wooden Axe at the commander who parried it easily with his thin sword. He then swung himself gracefully around so the other orc who were charging him fell down on all four in front of the draenei who sent his sword through his back. A smirk formed around the commander's mouth as he grabbed the Axe of the dead orc and threw it the axethrower who howled out in pain before falling down on the floor with a crash.

Daarc saw the commander fight like a one man army, taking with him countless orcs in his rage. The priest were glad that he was on their side and were not one of the bloodthirsty orcs.

"Priests we can't hold the orcs back forever so please prepare for close combat, make sure to have your protective spells saved for yourself" One of the vindicators shouted out as he drove his double edged blade deep into the chest of an orc. He saw it's red eyes burn out as the spark of life left the green skin's body.

Daarc and the other priests nodded as they prepared them self for the last battle. Daarc were for once glad that she had trained with the other warriors learning how to handle her staff and making it into a deadly weapon, at least she would not go down without a fight. The draeneis fought with incredible power and dedication, but as the battle went on less and less draeneis were standing on their feet's and when the commander finally was brought down with a small arrow rain the other draeneis knew it was all over. They would fall today.

"Fight on brothers and sisters, we may not live to see another day, but by the light we wont show any weaknesses to these beasts!" One of the vindicators shouted as he charged forward with his shield high up, throwing the big orcs aside as if they where nothing but thin air. He cut of their heads and tore open their chests as he charged through the orcs lines. The other draeneis stood and watched him before they also roared while charging forward, jumping up on the orcs and taking them with them as the other mindless beasts impaled them on their spears.

Daarc saw most of the others around her were now going berserk as they did their final stand, but for some reason her body would not do anything of what they did, she would not move forward.

"Come on move, do something" But instead of charging forward Daarc body turned away from the others, running into the shadows, like a coward. She breathed heavily as she saw her sisters and brothers get slaughtered as pigs. She could have helped them, but instead she were hiding in the shadows, hoping that the orcs would not find her.

"Damn it" Daarc were lucky that her dark hair and light purple skin easily made her invisible in the shadow of the stone walls. If she only kept her eyes closed, the orcs would nearly have to touch her to even know that she was there.

After the orcs finally were done with their sinister slaughter they walked down the stairs away from the temple. Daarc quickly opened her eyes and made her move. She ran as fast as she could away from the temple away from the dead bodies of her sisters and brothers, towards her home town, hoping that at least Telredor were standing. As the young priest walked through the land making sure that no one was following her, the thoughts of her sisters and brothers dying in battle, while she hid in the shadows made her feel sick. The hunger which had bothered her for some years was now gone, it was like the feeling of betraying her friends made the hunger go away. A tear ran down her cheek as she stopped for a minute trying to catch her breath. How could see ever forgive herself....

((Ok that took much more time than i thought and still i think this text is wayyyy to boring well next part will be more interesting i hope ))
    Last edited by trulte; 2011-04-14 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fenixblade View Post
    what is this... i don't even
    Please, comments not relating to RP should not be posted.

Great story, I want more

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a great story, could use a few tweaks to make it slightly more reader friendly.

"The closer you get to the light the bigger your shadow is" Kingdom hearts saying came to mind as a read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.