Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

3.3.5 Extended Maintenance, Known Issues

It looks like the servers will be down for a little more time, I'll just move along and provide you with something new to read! And if you have nothing better to do, follow MMO-Champion on Facebook or follow me on Twitter !

US Extended Maintenance - 05:00PM PDT
    Maintenance has been extended once again. (See the in-game alert)
    [blizzquote author=Blizzard]We are extending our maintenance to apply the latest content patch and will provide an additional update by 5:00PM PDT.
    [/blizzquote]

The MMO Report: Cataclysm Preview Special
    Since the servers are still down for the moment, you'll probably have plenty of time to watch the latest MMO Report!

World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.3.5 Known Issues
    Originally Posted by Ujumqin (Blue Tracker)
    World of Warcraft Client Patch 3.3.5 Known Issues

Customer Service Known Issues List:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...67614211&sid=1

This is a listing of some of the known issues for World of Warcraft Patch 3.3.5.
    • This list is not complete, and will not include all issues.
    • The issues listed here are frequently reported issues that will be addressed at a later date via a client patch.

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

General Issues
    • Changing a character's model during a weapon swing will result in your off-hand weapon disappearing.
    • The proc on Deathbringer's Will causes shapeshifted female tauren druids to change fur colors.
    • Shoulder armor does not attach correctly to Blood Elf Male characters.
    • Players have the Shattered Sun Staging Area available as a taxi destination before having gone to the Isle of Quel'danas or reaching the appropriate level.
    • Gender specific titles are affected by spells that change a character's gender.
    • Performing the /eat emote while dancing as a male Bloodelf can cause some very unnatural character movement.
    • Achievement Criteria for Call in the Cavalry resets after logging.
    • Casting Levitate while standing on top of a chest after it disappears will cause the player to disconnect.
    • The attachment point for shoulders on female Tauren appear to be rotated too far forward.
    • You are not able to gain the buff from "Drums of the Forgotten kings" if you have a blessing from a paladin currently active.

Battle.net
    • The Last Online time in the Friends List does not dynamically update.
    • It is possible to have 2 or more windows of the same conversation open.
    • Clicking on Broadcast toast from a RID friend that has been removed from your friends list will cause a Lua error.

Dungeons & Raids
    • Pit of Saron - Scourgelord Tyrannus can remount Rimefang during the encounter.
    • The last remaining player in a random instance group can miss out on Random Dungeon loot
    • Icecrown Citadel - Kinetic Bombs will occasionally spawn outside of the encounter area.
    • Players from different servers can't trade dungeon items necessary to progress through the dungeon.
    • Ambassador Hellmaw is invisible while affected by Banish.
    • Frostwing Whelp's will aggro players who stand next to the wall on the upper ledge of The Frost Queen's Lair.
    • The Twilight Orbs periodically disappear during Phase 2 of the Halion encounter.
    • Halion has an incorrect attachment point for Hunter's Mark.

Items
    • It is possible for a level 70 to receive the Wrathful Gladiator's Tabard.
    • Abacus of Violent Odds cannot be rolled 'Need' upon by rogues.
    • Charred Twilight Scale and Sharpened Twilight Scale is proccing off of reflected damage.
    • Replacing an existing enchantment with High Test Eternium fishing line displays the replacement enchant as "+2 Fishing"

PvP
    • It is possible for boats to not phase out completely upon the start of round two in Strand of the Ancients.
    • You cannot get the "Call To Arms" Achievement through the Looking for Battleground feature.
    • Orgrimmar Arena: It is possible for players to get their pets stuck on the large pillars in the Orgrimmar Arena.
    • Heart of the Phoenix's cooldown is not being displayed correctly when used in arena.
    • Both airships in the Isle of Conquest do not have icons that appear on the game map.

Classes
    Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    • The tooltip for all of the Hunter's trap spells state that only one trap can be used at a time. [ul]
    • Pet talent stat modifications are not being reflected in the Player Sheet.

Mage (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    • Different ranks of Arcane Empowerment will display additional buffs on Mages in the same group.
    • Mage Summon Water Elemental does not fully function as a permanent pet when glyphed with Glyph of Eternal Water.

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    • The Paladin mount Warhorse is not granting credit towards the achievement Stable Keeper.

Warlock (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    • Infernals summoned by the Warlock's Inferno spell are not being summoned at full health.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-06-22 at 11:46 PM.

Lawl @ extended extended extended maintenance.

The list of issues is longer then the patch notes...

so we have a massive list of known issues, most of them which have been known since 3.3.3 or sooner... yet they are still applying the patch and is now cutting into alot of guilds main raid times...

cool

full day of maintenance for a real-id crap half of us wont use
    GG blizz

I want to see this male bloodelf animation error in action.... They've always had the best errors.

And before this turns into a massive "WAH MAINTENANCE IS FOR COMMUNISTS" thread, I'd just like to point out that none of you would be playing this game at all if no maintenance was done at all on the servers. The game would simply be unplayable 90% of the time. A missed day once every-other month is nothing.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2010-06-22 at 11:26 PM.

So wtf... what exactly is taking em? lol.

I swear they better give me TWO days added to my paid play time cause of both the full day my server was down two weeks ago and this day now >.> blah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    so we have a massive list of known issues, most of them which have been known since 3.3.3 or sooner... yet they are still applying the patch and is now cutting into alot of guilds main raid times...

cool
    Don't have your main raid times on the day that they have been shutting servers down, for the past 5 years?

That's pretty sloppy programming and code maintenance if a minor patch can f*** up so many things. If that shit happened at my employer, I would lose my job.
    Last edited by gorelather; 2010-06-22 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki420 View Post
    Don't have your main raid times on the day that they have been shutting servers down, for the past 5 years?
    What if your guild wants to raid 4 times a week to be a top server guild, and they cant raid on weekends for obvious reasons, tuesday wendsday and thursday are the three most common days to raid on, maybe monday too

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki420 View Post
    This right here is why I'm pissed over this. In 5 years they haven't been able to figure out how to apply a patch without extending the downtime. Shouldn't they have implemented a new procedure by now to reduce the problems in patching? I understand that there are unforeseen technical issues regardless of how rigorously you test but I fail to understand how these issues happen EVERY patch. It's just sloppy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gorelather View Post
    That's pretty sloppy programming and code maintenance is a minor patch can f*** up so many things. If that shit happened at my employer, I would lose my job.
    Same complaint we hear every week. The BNet2.0 infrastructure really isn't as trivial as everyone seems to make it out to be.
    Last edited by Travio; 2010-06-22 at 11:33 PM.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Extended maintenance is extended.

"You are not able to gain the buff from "Drums of the Forgotten kings" if you have a blessing from a paladin currently active."

This is bullshit and needs fixed. NOW.

"Pit of Saron - Scourgelord Tyrannus can remount Rimefang during the encounter."

This is bullshit and should have been fixed AGES AGO.

and

"The last remaining player in a random instance group can miss out on Random Dungeon loot"

What exactly does that mean?

On top off that there is only an hour and a half till I'm supposed to START raiding (as in be there, start going) not counting time to set up and what not and when maintenance takes this ridiculously long people don't seem to show up.

And before someone says "its Tuesday there's maintnence" We are sceduled to start raiding 4 hours after the server shoudl come back up, and "unforseen" problems happen all the time, last thursday we had login servers down in the US. Couldnt log in for 2 hours so its not like "unforseen" is any more an issue on tuesdays than any other day.

I would be upset at the prospect of not raiding tonight, but I know that heroic dislodged foreign object isn't going to drop for me anyway. Evil game is evil. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elechan View Post
    So wtf... what exactly is taking em? lol.

I swear they better give me TWO days added to my paid play time cause of both the full day my server was down two weeks ago and this day now >.> blah

Oh no warcraft down for the first time in a while due to maintenance aren't you going to hate when this happens a lot more often at the beginning of cata. And, I don't see why they should give you a free day because you only play one realm and that realm is down so you don't come complaining that something is wrong and should get free x amount of days because they didn't fix what was all wrong.

well i can see how there was a bit more they wanted to fix this patch besides just adding a new instance now. o_O that's quite a list. Probably they're having trouble with the game getting confused on what gender you are when shapeshifted. i suspect they'll fix it by making all characters bi.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know more about this whole Archeology thing!

wow chill out nerds, the world still revolves without you slaying dragons