Thread: Bio- Krislen

10+ Year Old Account

Bio- Krislen

newbie RPer be gentle

Name: Krislen Barowyn

Race: Human

Height: 6’1”

Weight: ~190 lbs

Class: Frost DK/Subtlety Rogue (explained in Timeline portion of Bio)

Dislikes: Children (noisy little buggers), the rift between Horde and Alliance, and spiders

Appearance: Hard faced, lean, muscular body, with an ugly scar crossing his neck, and another set of scars on his lower abdomen and back. His skin is so pale it has been said to be almost transparent, a feature he uses to his advantage at times, with pure white hair about waist length normally kept in a pony tail. He wears tight leather armor mostly black with a slight blue tinge to it and two long swords kept sheathed at his sides.

Personality: Tends to be quiet, only speaking when spoken to, extremely loyal to his friends and comrades (even those he doesn’t particularly like), sees no race as inferior or superior to himself and chooses his friends and comrades only based on how well he can trust them when things get rough, as such has taken the time to learn orcish in addition to common and his own native language. When he does speak he has a low rough voice, and a very hushed tone due to the damage sustained to his throat.

Strengths: Strong affinity with ice and shadow, physically strong, and agile

Weaknesses: If overrun calling for help is virtually impossible due to his throat injury

Timeline: Began his life in the Westfall country side, son of one of the fisherman in the area. He was always cantankerous from the moment of birth, and always showed a gift in engineering and magic. By the age of 15 he was creating his own magic playthings and selling some of his contraptions for a little pocket change. Most of his younger years were spent simply learning his father’s trade and eventually taking over for him, during the summer of his 18th year his boat was attacked and overrun by a group of Naga who killed the crew and slit his throat leaving him for dead as they ransacked the boat of its supplies and left, miraculously the naga that had performed the deed missed the vital artery and had simply slashed open his windpipe.
    Four days after the attack on his boat him still unconscious laying on the bow of the ship he was rescued by a patrolling human vessel, he was lucky staying alive that long at sea with an injury like that. He awoke a week later in the SI:7 headquarters, with his last vision being a Naga slithering away from his broken body he was somewhat confused to the fact that he was still alive. Later that evening he was taken to the leader of the SI:7 agency for questioning, after ascertaining his story and making sure he wasn’t a threat to Stormwind he decided to pose an offer to the man, training, that of a rogue and spy, assuming of course he could prove himself in single combat versus the leader himself.
    Krislen didn’t prove himself that day having no combat training at all till that point, in fact he lasted a mere 20 seconds against the leader. The fight ended with Krislen facedown and bleeding from the gash on his throat, reopened by the thrashing he had received. The leader was in good humor however as he had not had a chance to use his skills for a while being tied up in Stormwind, and allowed Krislen to stay and to train under the leader himself. The next few years had Krislen training almost endlessly it seemed, over the course of his training he was found to be especially adept in some of the finer arts of the rogue, poisoncraft (he developed several poisons still used today), and stealth were two of his most skilled areas, and his Shadowstep was second to none. By the time his training had ended he was 25 years old.
    The next 10 years saw many a mission for Krislen, it was a thankless job as he was skilled at it. His missions were always successful no matter who he had to kill, what he had to steal, or what he had to find, it was during this time that he made many friends in the Horde, learning orcish through a goblin associate, his joint operations with the horde were some of his greatest accomplishments. During these missions he found that there really was little difference between the two factions and began to hate the rift between them, he saw many friends die on both sides which scarred him deeply.
    During his 10th year with the agency he was sent to outlands to take care of a spy organization in Shatterath, he eventualy tracked down the leader, a Blood Elf named Kragin, whom he found to have a liking for the beer from World's End. Krislen followed Kragin to the tavern and waited for the band to start playing, and silently slipped a poisoned dagger between the man’s ribs, or so he thought, as he exited the bar a man slipped out of the shadows of the entranceway and, catching Krislen off his guard, ran him through with a broadsword. As he lay on the ground, dying from the large hole in his abdomen he caught a glimpse of the man, an exact duplicate of the one he had assassinated, a copy, in his rage at being tricked he used the last of his strength to throw one of his daggers into the throat of his killer, accomplishing his mission and his vengeance at the same time.
    His body was transported back to Stormwind, however during his burial ceremony a scourge invasion took place and his body was taken to archerus for resurrection amidst the chaos. After he was returned to life by the lich king’s minions he took part in the destruction of havenstead (sp? Was it havenshire) and the sequential retaking of Archerus after the Lich King’s betrayal. This brings us to where he is today wandering alone in the world belonging to neither alliance nor horde yet friendly with both, shall we see where time will take him now.
    Last edited by biolink22; 2010-06-28 at 03:45 PM.

My Deviantart sig by Axa

So, let me get this straight, he is a DK, with the skills of a rogue? An undead nightelf? Could work, but his future would be very different from his past, and his personality/ likes and dislikes, and looks would be different as an undead.

One last thing. It is impossible for a human to live 300+ years, as is stated in your text. You will have to rectify this. As well, there isn't much flow in the last part of you story, the one commencing with "The next 300 years..." and it would be appreciated that you make this better.

This done, he'd be interesting. Still, wait for Madgod's verdict before applying!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how he could have worked for SI:7 for 400 years even though

1. Night elves were only discovered by humanity during the third war

2. Stormwind was destroyed during the first war yet I see no mention of its destruction.

I also highly doubt that SI:7 would just randomly train any Night elf in their ways as it is meant to be a secret service that would be unlikely to trust anyone that had not previously proved their loyalty to the king and the kingdom of azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry was semi drunk while writing this and didn't have the sense enough to reread it after ill go back through to find the descrepencies but as to the human living 300 + years the leader which i believe was the only human i mentioned did not live 300 years he only trained Krislen through his early years in SI:7 perhaps i should just redo this with him as a human might be easier at this point

edit:added some minor changes online while i work on the bulk of it on word
    Last edited by biolink22; 2010-06-23 at 10:38 AM.

My Deviantart sig by Axa

10+ Year Old Account
    ok done i think lol awaiting madgod and further constructive criticisms =)

My Deviantart sig by Axa

10+ Year Old Account
    lol thanks i also forgot to remove the part about him praying to elune

My Deviantart sig by Axa

10+ Year Old Account
    added a couple more changes any other possible suggestions

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Why await Madgod? There is a perfectly healthy mod here.

I was letting you get this one! ^^
    ~Maddy

1.) Don't keep posting saying 'ok done' or 'waiting', just add it to the most recent post you put.

2.) SI:7 wouldn't just take some random fishermans's son because of a simple naga attack.

3.) Again, SI: 7 wouldn't see a fishermans's boy, have the boy be ok, then say "Hey, wanna be a cool spy ninja?", no, they would have to choose by some other means, seeing as SI:7 is a very secrative faction.

4.) If you're going to be in SI:7, at least know the leaders name (Master Mathias Shaw)

5.) SI:7 would care not for an organization in Shattrath, seeing as they are Azeroth-based. You'll never see an SI:7 agent in Outland.

6.) You cannot be a rogue/dk, it doesn't work. And if you were rezed, chances are you'd be a mindless Ghoul.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2010-06-28 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Im sure lorewise you could be like a Forsaken Rogue but who died and was rezzed in the same fashion as 3rd generation Death Knight, serving as a Scourge assassin or something

But a DK with Rogue skills, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Agreed. A powerful agent of evil, capable of ressurecting the dead to do their bidding, spread deadly diseases, and corrupt the living, as well as the stealth and potential for assassination of a rogue? That's rather over the top.

Plus, the general armor wouldn't really mix well. Metal makes a lot of noise.

It didn't actually say he was a Death Knight, just that he was resurrected in the same fashion as the Death Knights, and he took part in the assault on Havenshire. Although, it was really only Death Knights who took part. Also, it was only really Death Knights they were resurrecting as sentient beings at the time in Acherus, all else would have been mindless ghouls or them bone archers. It would be plausible if he was just resurrected before the scourge event by Rivendare or Kel'thuzad or some other powerful necromancer while he was doing a mission in Lordaeron.

Lying on a fishing boat in the ocean with your windpipe sliced open, bleeding and hardly able to breathe for three days... impossible. If you didn't die from the bleeding, you would surely die without water for 3 days whilst lying in the scorching sun with no protection whatsoever.

Thirdly, why would the leader of a spy organization and what looks like a fairly skilled assassin/rogue/spy go through all that trouble to kill the guy who was trying to take him out, yet as he was lying on the ground just after a broadsword ran him through the gut (which would have outright incapacitated him) be able to throw a dagger at his killer and the Blood Elf didn't even try to dodge or move or foresee it coming.

And why is he a Night Elf in the signature?