Thread: H Pally OP?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'm still VERY new to Hpally, Only sitting at about 5.5k GS and been healing for less then a month. I just finished up a ICC10 run where on most of the bosses I'm sitting at 9-10k HPs, Festergut at 13.5k, and Marrowgar at 11k HPS {http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1116/wowscrnshot062310002400.jpg}.

Is HPally OP? Or did my other healers..just..kinda suck? I'm still very new to the healing arena, so I don't know much about how the other healers heal..but is this normal? a HPally completely dominating the meters across all fights?

PS: For the screenshot we were 2 tank 4 healing, but the 4th healer died at the start to bad positioning.
    4 healing? why?

Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    That beacon heals 2 targets is not op its the only thing wich makes a pala better then a shammy/disc priest .Dsanc got kinda nerfed only being group wise (not the -20% damage but the rest) and you need to time aura mastery perfect else its wasted to (only 6sec left)
    Beacon really is OP - try doing Heroic Saurfang without one(well, before the buff made it super easy), Divine Sacrifice is better than ever because you don't have to bubble to use it, and Aura Mastery saves lives in Heroic LK. No class brings the equivalent of either Dsac or Aura Mastery, and they're raid savers.

You don't want an entire healing corps of paladins, but having at least one is a necessity.

What's fun is passing up healers (including Holy Paladins) as a Ret Paladin just via JoL

Just to make this clear, looking on the recount it shows that like 3 healers did something.., AT ALL.
    the other healers is like 100k healing done and dead(*cough* L2P)
    and therefore when it's 3 healers 1 resto drood (should have had like 8k HPS anyways :/ )
    and 1 disc?
    atleast that you have so mutch healing (atleast for that fight) is prolly due to they lack skill to read tacts/do things right.
    And if you went with same group im not surprised by the numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    Beacon really is OP - try doing Heroic Saurfang without one(well, before the buff made it super easy), Divine Sacrifice is better than ever because you don't have to bubble to use it, and Aura Mastery saves lives in Heroic LK. No class brings the equivalent of either Dsac or Aura Mastery, and they're raid savers.

You don't want an entire healing corps of paladins, but having at least one is a necessity.
    Saying Bacon of Light is OP for tank healing is like saying that Rejuv and Regrowth is OP for Raid Healing.

The tool is good at what the Holy Paladin is good an, and that's tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'm still VERY new to Hpally, Only sitting at about 5.5k GS and been healing for less then a month. I just finished up a ICC10 run where on most of the bosses I'm sitting at 9-10k HPs, Festergut at 13.5k, and Marrowgar at 11k HPS {http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1116/wowscrnshot062310002400.jpg}.

Is HPally OP? Or did my other healers..just..kinda suck? I'm still very new to the healing arena, so I don't know much about how the other healers heal..but is this normal? a HPally completely dominating the meters across all fights?

PS: For the screenshot we were 2 tank 4 healing, but the 4th healer died at the start to bad positioning.
    Hi. According to your screenshot, you did almost 2.5 million healing. For a fight that takes about three minutes, this is mathematically improbable. Especially given your current gear levels.

My guess is that you have not turned on the "Show effective healing only" option of your Recount. Congratulations, Holy Pallies put out a shit ton of HPS and only like 30-40% of it is effective. Old news is old. Realistically, your effective HPS was between 4-5k, putting you in line with the rest of your healing corps.

This was totally not worth coming out of retirement for, but I was surprised no one had noticed this.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2010-06-24 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Changed 'impossible' to 'improbable'. I do ~1mill on HM. I might be able to squeeze out 2.5 given the right circumstances.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Hi. According to your screenshot, you did almost 2.5 million healing. For a fight that takes about three minutes, this is mathematically improbable. Especially given your current gear levels.

My guess is that you have not turned on the "Show effective healing only" option of your Recount. Congratulations, Holy Pallies put out a shit ton of HPS and only like 30-40% of it is effective. Old news is old. Realistically, your effective HPS was between 4-5k, putting you in line with the rest of your healing corps.

This was totally not worth coming out of retirement for, but I was surprised no one had noticed this.
    You are wrong, sry. Wondering, how u want to keep only 2 tanks alive at lord morrowgar with only 4-5k hps... AND if he turned on this option in his recount (btw in my recount is no option, it automatically splits up in Healing done and Overhealing done), the priest is at 2,5k and the drood at 3,5k hps (less is more probably), since every healer does overhealing? You think ~10,5k hps would bring a kill at lord morrowgar, with only 2 tanks?

Take a look in the grid, half the raid is dead. You still think it took only 3min = 180 seconds for this kill with a random group? Average at WoL for a kill is 204 seconds, so for this raid u kann think of ~240 seconds because of dead damage dealers.

And yes holypallis are at 70% overhealing, but not if 2 tanks take the saber lashes at lord morrowgar.

I am surprised... and yes it was not worth it. bb.

lots of damage + JOL + HL Spamming=11k HPS in 10man. easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UFTimmy View Post
    What's fun is passing up healers (including Holy Paladins) as a Ret Paladin just via JoL
    Our pally tank out heals people on Sindragosa. Stupid JoL >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Pajamaz View Post
    Our pally tank out heals people on Sindragosa. Stupid JoL >.<
    Just have your rets and prots use JoW while Holy Paladins use JoL then. It's actually better for the prot to have someone else use JoL, because she will get mana back from the heal, which she wouldn't if she had cast it herself. Well, your Prot Paladin should have mana issues if he is tanking sindragosa, but if he is just dpsing and waiting for phase 3 to tank it'll help.