Thread: What game now?

10+ Year Old Account

What game now?

Hi dear mmo community!

I've started playing wow about 1 year and half earlier. The problem is, no new content, old stuff, reused things... Well, I'm bored of wow. That is not a problem in itself. The problem, tho, is I'd like to find another mmorpg, something new, fresh. It doesn't need to be a fantasy style mmorpg (As long as it stay an mmorpg xD).

So yeah, basically, I'd love to explore something new, something which have a solid community. You could say there's a billion of game like that. Here come the complications; I'd like to have it F2P. I played many games which had a cost to become bored at the end (Aion everyone >.<). I've looked on mmorpg.com and asked a few of my friends... Sadly, I can't seems to find something good enough. Oh, yeah, I've find some fun games like Allods Online, but they rely too much on the Online Store. Since you need the online store to fully appreciate the game... well, it count in pay per months ones for me xD.

Anyone can help me? Thanks!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

i heard runescape is pretty good

Conan still has a few issues, but it has been fixed a lot since it's release.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

Asking for a F2P mmo is kinda hard since there isnt any decent ones really... runescape is bad f2p but its pretty cheap on p2p and a good game to get into if you ignore the java graphics. It was the main game I played before WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Hi dear mmo community!

I've started playing wow about 1 year and half earlier. The problem is, no new content, old stuff, reused things... Well, I'm bored of wow. That is not a problem in itself. The problem, tho, is I'd like to find another mmorpg, something new, fresh. It doesn't need to be a fantasy style mmorpg (As long as it stay an mmorpg xD).

So yeah, basically, I'd love to explore something new, something which have a solid community. You could say there's a billion of game like that. Here come the complications; I'd like to have it F2P. I played many games which had a cost to become bored at the end (Aion everyone >.<). I've looked on mmorpg.com and asked a few of my friends... Sadly, I can't seems to find something good enough. Oh, yeah, I've find some fun games like Allods Online, but they rely too much on the Online Store. Since you need the online store to fully appreciate the game... well, it count in pay per months ones for me xD.

All i can say is, good luck finding an MMO that's new, fresh, doesn't reuse content and free to play. And if you do find one, please put it here, I'd love to see it. But to answer your question, try free realms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA3JNYWBCeA

The sad thing is, it's kinda fun.

problem is most mmo companies are very incompetent in multiples of areas. whether its servers, gameplay, game mechanics, UI, etc. there is always a number of issues with most mmo companies. if there isn't it generally means the game is very shallow(city of heroes). its why blizzard has a monopoly because they've done everything rather thoroughly, and have the money to have extra long development times. WoW dev's do a lot of dumb crap in terms of development, but their programmers and working game out of the box are top notch. head and shoulders above the rest of the industry.

There are really no better MMOS than WoW at this point, it is the best balanced, has the most content, and the best storyline of any of them.

My suggestion is not to look for another game to spend time playing and explore WoW it's self. IMO, since you have only been playing a year and a half, there is a whole big world that you have yet to see, trust me on that one, I've been playing 5 years and I still find new things every once in a while.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

I doubt its going to be F2P but Star Wars The Old Republic.

games fully voiced, your character has dialogue choices, you can be a bad sith, good sith, good jedi, or a bad jedi.
    you can have your own customizable ship, bring your friends on.

only problem is.... you need to wait about 6 months for it to come out xD
    Shoot whoever let 3.0 go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Hi dear mmo community!

You'll be disappointed with everything because nothing trumps WoW =/

I resub to age of conan every once in a while, play for an hour and get bored/frusrated lol

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    IDK how you play on my server, and I have never heard of you or your guild and you for some reason complain about there being no content. (Sorry if I came off like a dick, didn't mean it as an attack, just an observation)

But back on topic all F2P games are just big online stores, so if that is the route you are determined to travel I would look for something that the concept interests you. Like for me I like DDO as the only F2P mmo I can get into because I am kind of a nerd and have always enjoyed D&D, so I can look past some of it's flaws and enjoy what I want to enjoy, and ignore what I don't like.
    The market is so saturated with bad mmos that finding a good alternative to WoW, let alone a good F2P one is going to be extremely difficult.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2010-06-28 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Tried sounding less dickish

Play League of Legends. It's a quite amusing game. (Dota game)

Online, Playable with friends or you can play it with random people (In teams of 5v5 or 3v3)

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadem View Post
    Play League of Legends. It's a quite amusing game. (Dota game)

Online, Playable with friends or you can play it with random people (In teams of 5v5 or 3v3)
    That would be an RTS, not an MMO.