Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Blizz doesnt give 2 shits bout item designs anymore

Illidan some of the most amazing looking loot, zardoom staff wtf zergling/felhunter on a stick ungodly, dagger awsome burning green fire, shield awsome becuase it even looked big on a female BE which is sayin something and so on

LK... ummmm at a loss oya LK 25 heroic drops that nice sword that looks just like the one from marrowgar 10 man but its more purple at least

anyway i just think that the iconic boss this expantion was designed around deserved some more epic looking loot
    Last edited by Unchainedboar; 2010-06-27 at 06:38 AM.

Id like to see you design millions of different pieces of armors and weapons for millions of players without atleast repeating one. If you dont like how the gear looks, dont use it, but complaining about OMG MY GEAR DOESNT LOOK COOL ANYMORE..WONT HELP.

I couldnt care less about how my character looks, really. As long as the fights are fun and original, im okay with it. There's no reason to feel sad because your leeeettt lk weapons aren't looking amazing.

~I'm french, expect shitty grammar~

I think the gear is fine

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrsour View Post
    Id like to see you design millions of different pieces of armors and weapons for millions of players without atleast repeating one. If you dont like how the gear looks, dont use it, but complaining about OMG MY GEAR DOESNT LOOK COOL ANYMORE..WONT HELP.
    they did it in BC so i dont get why its harder now

Quote Originally Posted by Unchainedboar View Post
    Because there is more gear than before. You have to admit that Vanilla gear was horrible so the BC gear was easyer to create. But after such great sets of armor, is easy to disapoint people with the new gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your Cata will blow your minds and rupture your souls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because they're re-doing everything for Cataclysm..? They started working on it at the same time as WotLK. :l

Actually late in BC brutal gear for each armor type and sunwell gear looked very very similar.

Were they redesigning almost literally every aspect of every area of the old world when they released Sunwell?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrsour View Post
    Because there is more gear than before. You have to admit that Vanilla gear was horrible so the BC gear was easyer to create. But after such great sets of armor, is easy to disapoint people with the new gear.
    how bout weapons? they reused item models like crazy in worlk gear and weapons, and i find it stupid they couldnt even come up with the time to make unique models for LK

Will agree about that blizzard suck with the designs. Even green things got "glows" and "auras". Items could been legendary and you wouldnt see the diffenense on the looks of it.
    With the amount of green blizzard gets it should not be much to ask for that they could make the small things a bit better (the things that makes things special) Was something else back in TBC and vanilla when it was not any doubts just by the looks that this dude has some sweet gear.

In TBC it was only lack of designs on the arena tiers.
    ofc blizzard wanna make money, but i get the feeling they are selling out us. Its like they have lost the vision of how things should be. But now a days they only use money on giving that poor rat some food so it can keep the weel spining to keep the servers up.
    Last edited by Lomppa; 2010-06-24 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17106
    This epic shield from Ragnaros (vanilla epic) uses the same model as a level 9 quest reward white shield, along with about 30 green-blue shields.

And most of Kil'jaeden's loot was shared with other models in SWP and Brutal Gladiator sets.

And if you care that much about your gear while raiding, let alone the simple fact of how it looks you're probably not going to get most of the models anyway.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

I can forgive some reused models here and there, but not making special models for LK weapons was just absurd.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfection View Post
    It's called blizzard is getting too arrogant and complacent, thinking that their increasingly boring mmo will have no competition. Instead of innovating, they're slacking on design and effort because they think we have nowhere else to go and will put up with it.
    lol I'd like to know where this argument is based from
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Quote Originally Posted by Gxz View Post
    Actually late in BC brutal gear for each armor type and sunwell gear looked very very similar.
    actually both sets of gear weren't similar, they were the same, just with a different shade of a color.

OT: Stop crying that your awzum DK/Paladin/Hunter gear duznt l00k c00l n e m0re. It looks cooler than anything you could design I bet. Lets see you design hundreds of new pieces of gear for people to use on their toons. Personally I thought vanilla WoW gear was some of the best, some sets like the paladin sets were pretty bad, but others just looked AWSOME. So yeah, unless you can do better, stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Orumis View Post
    lol I'd like to know where this argument is based from

its a good argument they have let the game slide but thier subscriptions continue to grow just becuase no other decent mmo excist atm

By the sharp decline of quality from TBC to WOTLK. It's not hard to see
    I bet many would disagree with that statement, like 90% of the casual WoW population, and just because its easy as hell to get an epic now doesn't mean the quality of the game went down. Stop being elitist.

Two-shits? That's a serious accusation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    By the sharp decline of quality from TBC to WOTLK. It's not hard to see
    The opposite is true because there was actually a sharp ascension in quality from TBC to WOTLK. It's not hard to see.

I can make irrational arguments too.

its a good argument they have let the game slide but thier subscriptions continue to grow just becuase no other decent mmo excist atm
    It's a bad argument, they haven't let the game slide and their subscriptions continue to grow because it is the best game currently out there.
    -Thomas Hildern