Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    they are just spouting out crap for us to use in a few months to call them hypocrites. The new point system introduced is the exact same one as whats being used now with the conversion of badges to points. epics will never be epic /thread

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z932074 View Post
    you know what has an epic feeling?

Thrall's Balls.

---------- Post added 2010-07-18 at 02:26 AM ----------

They're Everywhere.
    pretty sure that's what blizz meant with their epic quote. want an even MORE epic feeling than that? finding all of thrall's balls. it's like an eight piece bonus AND legendary AND a rare mount rolled into.......one?
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmmm i hope its only from heroic mode

the hard cores still get tehre epics
    the casuals still get tehre content
    the casual cores will get some epics and more content

and the so called hard cores will get jack

"Epic gear should feel epic"?

...You know what? It's not worth talking about it. It's purple font gear with slightly higher stats than blue font gear, that's pretty much been the constant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    Originally Posted by Ancilorn
    Well, hopefully this comes as good news. We're actually working on restoring the epic feeling to epic items in Cataclysm. Epic loot should be epic, and something to be very proud of. Our plan is to try and get the Heroic -> Blue Gear and Raid -> Purple Gear balance back.

This is further proof that not everything Deathwing does is entirely a bad thing. =) (Source)
    There you go
    Seems slightly silly to me.

EPIC items felt EPIC in vanilla for a few reasons.

1 . Pve required alot of grinding. It was also probably harder in a sense. You would generally only find really hardcore guilds capable of outfitting all raiders in epics , because almost no one was able to raid the harder content.

2. Most the epic items had unique arts. Was alot less reuse of models which made them feel different.

Now blue , purple w/e it makes no diff really. Once raids are on farm , which according to their casual friendly philosophy should be quickish , people will be epicced out again anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Ok, but they'll most likely continue to provide the previous tier of raiding gear traded in for badges from heroics. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but to the majority of people who were all upset about how epic gear lost their 'epicness' this is the main reason why.

I do agree with the change, just don't think that all the blizzard haters of this expansion will be as pleased as they might think.
    yup