... LastLast
    Vanillia: Rare good

TBC: Epic Good

WotLK: Epic FAIL

Cataclysm: Go to repair.

WotLK: 'LFM FOSPOSHOR HC.Must have at least 5k gs.'
    Cata: 'LFM DM HC.Must be full epic.'

Nothing changes.

What if they, which each new tier of content Blizz adds, they turn the previous Purples into Blue's?

Deleted
    and ideally another level of loot after or before epic.

Item levels are NOT intuitive( or f(*$£ing gs)

They can yell that as long as they want but if the raids are as easy as Naxxramas and co, not much hope for epics being 'epic' 'again'.

Deleted
    I really hope the farming for raids comes back now Only thing missing is that they remove the emblem items and then we got real farming for raids and epic's will be epic

Deleted
    me love you long time for this!

This is one of the few times I disagree with one of Blizzard's changes. I just don't see the point, all they are doing is changing around some colors.
    Last edited by Conquestaxe; 2010-06-24 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo

hey epics were also epic in wotlk ... for about a week or 2... in tbc they were epic untill the first heroic/Kara nerf

Deleted
    hell yeah Drarion can once again be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquestaxe View Post
    This is one of the few times I disagree with one of Blizzard's changes. I just do see the point all they are doing is changing around some colors.
    Shhh, it'll shut people up for a few weeks after Cataclysm.

I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Conquestaxe View Post
    This is one of the few times I disagree with one of Blizzard's changes. I just do see the point all they are doing is changing around some colors.
    Item level is just a number and yet people regard it as such a measure of a player that most Pugs are now formed with players of a minimum ilevel (via GS). Colours may just be colours but they clearly represent something to players making it a worthwhile change.

Deleted
    Would be even better if Blues were party the lootables for Early tier Raiding Content as well.

Good old Zul'Gurub and AQ20 days.

I'm sorta confused by the blue post. Not really sure I'm getting heroic -> blue / raid -> purple. Since that has WOTLK already works technically (except the last 4 5man instances that were released since those instances actually drop epics on all the bosses if I recall).

The differences I think would have to come from the badge system. If the badge system is still going to be offered in Cataclysm then I don't really see the change at all. If it is going to be changed/removed well then that's a pretty big difference.

But as far as epic feeling epic, I really thought that sort of mentality died during the original Naxx. I recall when that was out everyone in IF was running around with T1 or T2 gear. Same goes with TBC as Kara became the place to get early epics. Epic feeling epic has always been something that is sort lived to be honest. Sure you got epics with the first raid available, but soon that place will be old and newer content will replace it.

I think there is too little information to make a good assumption where this information will actually lead us to.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Back to the epic feeling for actually obtaining an epic item!

10+ Year Old Account
    win
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

H to the E to the L to the L to the to the Y to the E to the A to the H to the !

...lawl

10+ Year Old Account
    If they cut out the old tiers being purchasbale for emblems or points then that will suck...if they just make it so they change from purple to blue after a new tier comes out then that will be good and will stop the annoying whiners saying "ow noes ma purples"

Deleted
    Really now, I don't think you'll get the same feeling. If the heroics/first raids are still too easy/puggable you'll see people in epic gear soon enough, unless they remove all epic gear from heroics/first tier. And still it's just a color, they could have had level 213 blues in Naxx25 and then epics in Ulduar25 226 level, with exactly the same stats. Wouldn't have made much of a difference except in the way people see it.

Vanilla from what I understand was just harder, you couldn't just get 40 people and pwn Molten Core, plus the way items dropped was horrible, a few items for 40 people instead of 10/25. The game was new as well and people were noobs, you didn't even have recount to check people's performance.

Also, even if epics will be hard to get in the first patch, in the 2nd patch you'll be able to just get full epic from heroics, that's the new system now so every noob can skip content to the latest tier.