Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why are some of the genders wrong in WoW?

I use the macro:

/script GenderTable = {"%t's gender is unknown.", "%t is male.", "%t is female."};
    /script SendChatMessage(GenderTable[UnitSex("target")], "SAY","COMMON");

on multiple targets... (replace "COMMON" with "ORCISH" for horde players)

Now so it happens that Lady Deathwhisper is male... I think the voiceover and naming is incorrect!

She may be male.

But she will still elevate you to a height beyond your ken.

Maybe the game just considers all Undead classification mobs as male for ease?

Lady Deathwhisper is female.
    Tip, the "Lady" title in her name is a dead giveaway
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereba View Post
    Lady Deathwhisper is female.
    Tip, the "Lady" title in her name is a dead giveaway
    *woosh*

OT: it's probably just easyer to program that way.

Because the gender is an extra flag set within the WoW database... afaik it's used nowhere in the game, so I guess many developers/whoever takes care of this just gives a shit about it.

Typical patriarchal bs, defaulting every NPC to male.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawme View Post
    Typical patriarchal bs, defaulting every NPC to male.
    Burn your bras! They are like shackles, but for breasts!

she is a shemale for sure

It's more than likely that all mobs and npcs are classed as male as default and they aren't changed because it is pointless and time consuming. Only players are required to have a gender specific tag as quests and ooltips refer to them as her/his etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrllsbear View Post
    It's more than likely that all mobs and npcs are classed as male as default and they aren't changed because it is pointless and time consuming. Only players are required to have a gender specific tag as quests and ooltips refer to them as her/his etc.
    I'm sure it's used in a few places or they wouldn't have bothered to include it in the NPC data at all, but essentially this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawme View Post
    I'm sure it's used in a few places or they wouldn't have bothered to include it in the NPC data at all, but essentially this.
    There is something called object oriented programming...
    I asume there is a abstract class "Character" which contains name, position, gender et cetera. Classes like PC and NPC extend the parent class and therefor also have those information.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbalah View Post
    There is something called object oriented programming...
    I asume there is a abstract class "Character" which contains name, position, gender et cetera. Classes like PC and NPC extend the parent class and therefor also have those information.
    There quite possibly is a class from which the PC and NPC are inheriting. Your faulty assumption is that "gender" is fundamental to that class, though. That class would contain only shared data between the two. If NPCs never use a gender flag, then the gender flag goes under the PC class, not the shared class.

The amount of network traffic WoW requires is large enough that I guarantee you they're saving even the one bit of data per NPC that would be required to send down gender if they don't need it.

LDW had to pay for a gender change. Now Blizzard is charging its own NPC's $! How low will they stoop!?

just a another sign of blizzard getting lazier IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaros View Post
    just a another sign of blizzard getting lazier IMO
    Because trying for efficiency in an area of the game as massive as WoW, that has little to no significant impact on the player experiance is lazy.

Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew that dude was a tranny

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    *puts on Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady" and jams*

Didnt your mom ever teach you hitting a girl is wrong? Thats why their all males

No but my two dads did tell me too hit them
    Quote Originally Posted by XaCez
    You base your performance on GS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesco View Post
    I use the macro:

/script GenderTable = {"%t's gender is unknown.", "%t is male.", "%t is female."};
    /script SendChatMessage(GenderTable[UnitSex("target")], "SAY","COMMON");

on multiple targets... (replace "COMMON" with "ORCISH" for horde players)

Now so it happens that Lady Deathwhisper is male... I think the voiceover and naming is incorrect!
    What about 'Lady' Gaga? I'm almost 95% certain she has a penis!