Shadow Haste Cap?

What is the haste cap for shadow priests, im currently at 835 haste and it makes my MB, VT a 1.2 sec cast,
    im gessing 1000 haste will make it a 1 sec cast
    thats equal to the GCD so i guess to stop there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't exist.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there like a Shadowpriest 'Know it all' site? I used it during TBC to navigate with itemization etc.
    Try googling it (Shadpowpriest dot com) and please don't press any suspicious results/links. >:

IF you go on Shadowpriest.com and search for the Chart Muqq made you'll find that Shadowpriests are not hindered by Hastecaps.
    The way our skills and rotations (non-existant) work means that even with 1400 haste you won't see immediate troubles to your abilities.
    I'm currently on 1186 Haste: MB and VT are at 1.1sec, With T10 4P setbonus MF is at 1.86sec. Because we don't spam skills in the same fashion as an Ele Shaman or Boomkin does we can't get troubled by GCD so in short.
    No Haste Cap

fa

stop gemming/enchanting haste when your vt reaches <1.1 imo anything below 1 second will lead to GCD clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by oomba View Post
    stop gemming/enchanting haste when your vt reaches <1.1 imo anything below 1 second will lead to GCD clipping.
    Please don't listen to this guy. If you really want to see when other stats, i.e crit, overtakes haste (which is never)you can simply simcraft your character. Clipping depends on your latency and your player ability, not the cast time on your spell; DP is an instant cast, does that mean i clip it more?

Quite simply, theirs no real haste cap for spriests. You gem for haste in yellow slots (when bonus is good enough) and you get gear that is available to you if its better than what you have. The only real haste cap that I can imagine is a <1sec MF, which i don't even get with heroism and haste pots.

There is no haste cap ... but what u should be aiming for is going for the same level of haste and crit. I find it much better with 1050 haste and 30% crit than when i had 1200 haste and 20% crit :P
    But ofc as ur gear evolves u get more from both... just don't have big difference between ur haste and ur crit.
    Don't take this wrong.... u never stop gemming haste ... the thing is that u shouldn't really sacrifice alot of crit or SP for haste.
    I sacrificed 150haste for 200sp 5% crit and some hit and i am perfectly fine with that .. doing better than before. Haste is a major stat but it needs to be balanced with crit ( Ofc SP is our greatest stat )

Cheers
    Zoulis

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing close to a Haste cap is 1.0 second MFs during Hero and that's close to 1400. Seeing as how you'll be ~1300 in BiS. Yeah, not gonna happen.

the shadow priest haste cap is if your dot finishes before the GCD if u havent reached that your fine haste is our number 1 secondary stat im at 1032 and i want more im only getting to 1.26 MF's durring BL i want to see 1 sec MF's in blood lust

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    The only thing close to a Haste cap is 1.0 second MFs during Hero and that's close to 1400. Seeing as how you'll be ~1300 in BiS. Yeah, not gonna happen.
    Does that include troll, hyperspeed accelerators and/or speed pot during heroism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fabian View Post
    Does that include troll, hyperspeed accelerators and/or speed pot during heroism?
    No, that's none of those iirc. Just 5 + 3 + gear.

But for Shadow you shouldn't be using any of those three during Hero / BL.

I believe with full raid buffs you start dipping below the GCD cap around 1275 haste, leading to crazy stuff like 0.9 sec cast VT and MB. Mathematically, that means that the value of haste drops slightly at that point, but even then haste is still a bit better than crit so you're probably safe letting haste get out of control even if the rotation feels a bit clunky when casting VT/MB.