Thread: Under 18

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    I know what your saying lol, I don't know how many times I have to mute someone on halo in the lobby because of their squeaky voice, and then shamefully get my ass handled by a 12 year old.

Maturity always comes first.
    Sure, a minor doesn't always have the same control over their computer times or whatever, but i've rarely seen it interfer with raids when we've had a minor with us in our raids.
    I'm even a minor myself! I have somewhat control over my gaming time, i've never had to cancel a raid because my dad came in and said "Now son, please stop playing" or something like that.
    Even if a guild rules says that they only accept people over 18, i've never, ever lied about my age just to get in a guild. Lieing, according to me, just makes things worse, especially as i still do communicate in Vent and such. But do you know what? I've been accepted into every single guild that i've applied to (Well, may be exaggerating, but when i've got denied it wasn't something to do with my age).

Some people take how old you are too far, aslong as they prove to be a great player, can think, doesn't leave in the middle of the raid just because he has to go to sleep, are able to handle sex/drugs/other not political correct jokes which most guilds that have a majority over 18 contains. They also need to be able to communicate on a certain level that makes you understandable.

TL;DR Children can be as mature as adults, kkthxbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    I know what your saying lol, I don't know how many times I have to mute someone on halo in the lobby because of their squeaky voice, and then shamefully get my ass handled by a 12 year old.
    I adore the irony of the fact that every person who speaks with such sage experience about what it's like to be both an adult and a child and can therefore adequately say children are just as mature are almost exclusively children.

Deleted
    We have raiders as young as 12. As long as they are fine with vent and quite a lot of swearing and adult talk!

But the teens generally don't talk much, they will get ribbed about their voices. We had one 14 year old who's voice was breaking and he sounded like Mickey Mouse on crack.

I never ask anyone on WoW their age. I don't care, I don't want to know, I'm not chatting them up and assuming they raid for the correct duration and as well as anyone else... I'm not taking them out for a pint so why would it matter?

Obviously we have raid times and if someone can't stay till the end of raid time because their mom is calling them to go to bed then that would be a problem and those people will quickly get demoted out of the raiding rotation, whatever their age but not with any malice or hard feelings. Thankfully this has not really been much of an issue for us so I've not built up anything negative against raiding with teenagers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vromrig View Post
    I like the part where you tactically ignored that that entire thing was a demonstration about how your body will teach you moderation.

Way to fail because you read only a part of the post and got blinded by a red rage.
    Way to fail? you have no idea..
    Im 17 most of my friends go out and get wrecked every weekend your bullshit about how it will teach you makes no sense, people go out get wasted think oh i like this and even if it ends up with them doing something stupid/getting injured, they couldnt care less.
    I have no idea how old you are, but by the sounds of things you are at least early 30s.. therefore you are lost on how the current generation thinks. No matter what happens to them they will not care and will continue to get wrecked all the time due to them thinking its fun.
    Oh and a few swear words means rage? gg

I was 15-16 back in vanilla. Im still with the same guild and I've been treated as an adult throughout most of vanilla and BC because I acted like one. However since WotLK we have implemented a No one under 18 policy unless a guildie strongly vouches for their maturity. personally I am all for this because I hate listening to those talkative 13 year olds. Everytime I hear them on vent when i pug i mute them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

My server is small enough so that everyone knows who is bad and who is good; So even when a person apps to a 11/12 HM ICC guild and is under 18 they are evaluated because somebody in guild most likely knows them. In fact one of the best tanks i have ever met was a war tank who was 13 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

When i raided, i was 17, still am but stopped raiding I don't see why you wouldn't take that age but also they shouldn't get any special treatment.

For example i know alot of younger raiders need to afk for dinner, can't stay up late for progression etc. but aslong as the kid is capable of raiding the same amount and performs at the same level of most in the guild, even better..

But i guess if i was a Guild master i'd keep an eye out for the young raiders and make sure they don't get any special treatment.

Deleted
    I'm 15 (16 tomorrow) and i'm an officer in a raiding guild and before that i was a GM (Guilds merged). Yeah, I MT'd quite a bit of the LK fight and am generally one of the few guys who -doesn't- fuck up. And when they do, it's usually mocked for quite a while. For example, i died on Halion hc yesterday cos on the umpteenth try i was screaming at people to run and i got pulled into a soul consumption i dispelled to early and it pulled me across the beam So yeah. But i'm pretty sure that's the only time i've fucked up in a raid since pre-frostwing halls.

I'm pretty sure that i'm proof that you don't need to be 18 to raid

Also, i knew a paladin tank who was 6yrs old. Fucking best tank i've ever tanked with

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Also, i knew a paladin tank who was 6yrs old. Fucking best tank i've ever tanked with
    thats a dirty lie!

As far as i'm aware (officer of a casual guild, so 30-40 members) we only have 2 under 18's. 1 Being 15 and 1 is 17. The 17 year old is our HPriest and is pretty much the only reason we have downed the LK, hes healing is top notch. The 15 year old has a mage as his main and he is also great at his role, great PVP'r too.

I've never came across a situation where they couldn't raid because of early nights, tea, being grounded etc.

The rest of the guild stretched between 19 and 40 something but the majority float between 21 and 28

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my old guild there was a situation where a player lied about his age to get into the guild , he would never speak in vent then we got desperate in the middle of a fight and everyone was panicking and I heard his voice for the 1st time , Shame there were no enhancement shaman to take that loot after he was kicked

---------- Post added 2010-07-04 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alipeve View Post
    Sorry guys, this thread is cancelled. The main tank is grounded for not doing his homework.
    I lol'd
    Insert Signiture here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't met many young players in WoW. I know a lot at 16+ but apart from that I only know 2 other people who are under that age. Both are quite mature. I'm 13 and I was quite lucky how I got into raiding, atm I'm in a top 10 realm raiding guild, not that I'm here to boast or anything . I know I'm a good player, and so do the guild. One of the best hunters and I'm good with boss fights. But that is not the important thing, it's the maturity. I know why this is the reason why many guilds have a minimal age, and I know many people my age could be very childish and would not go well in a raiding or in an adult environment. However there are still many on the other hand who are mature and would not know the difference. I know people wouldn't know I'm 13, well ok sometimes my spelling isn't always 100% etc, but you get the idea :P . To be honest, at 10 I was very mature, I was in a social guild at 10 and was even an officer and kara raider. But I know that can be a rare thing so I'm not going to rest my case on that hehe.

Edit: By the way, I am female so that might make a difference with my maturity .
    Last edited by GoldFish; 2010-09-30 at 05:59 PM.