Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bio - Cerysa Brightman and Haanom

Revised now, feedback greatly appreciated. I do realise I missed a year of her timeline out, at this point (at 24) she was travelling up North through the Eastern Kingdoms collecting various rare herbs, plants, flowers etc etc to further her alchemical studies:

Name: Cerysa Brightman and Haanom (Demon, Fel hunter)
    Race: Human
    Class: Affliction Warlock
    Job: Alchemist of the Argent Dawn, key in the purification of the Plague Cauldrons of WPL/EPL
    Personality: Quite shy, but very inquisitive. It's this trait that originally had her become a warlock. She always gives the jobs she does her all, and doesn't mind taking orders from those above her in rank. She loves her power as a warlock and feels as though, if she tried, she could accomplish anything. She is very affectionate towards her fel hunter, Haanom, who for the sake of her reputation among the AD is fed mana potions to saciate it's lust for magical energies. Her curiosity has led her to make plenty of powerful potions and elixirs for the troops stationed at Chillwind Camp, and hopes her best work yet will achieve her ultimate goal there.
    Likes: Animals, plants, rain, countryside, nighttime, alchemy, Bottled Alterace Spring Water
    Dislikes: Scourge, fire, cowards/cheats, fighting dishonourably, cheese
    Parents:
    Father - Alive, Farmer in Westfall
    Mother - Alive, Farmer in Westfall
    History: Throughtout her early years, Cerysa trained as an Alchemist on her parents farm, as they grew a wide variety of herbs, plants, weeds, the like. It turned out that she did have a real talent for making potions and elixirs, which in turn have been bebeficial to her family, plus the Westfall Militia stationed nearby. After seeing the merit of her abilities, Gryan Stoutmantle, of Sentinal Hill at the time, recommend that she go study the alchemical arts in the city of Stormwind.

Upon arrival in Stormwind, Cerysa is helpless as of where to go in the hustle and bustle of Stormwind. After getting lost within the Mage District, Cerysa found herself in a local tavern named 'The Slaughtered Lamb'. Upon entry there was noone that could help her find her way around. She noticed a tunnel at the back of the tavern leading down into a cellar. She knew she shouldn't go down, but curiosity got the better of her. When she came out of the torch laden corridor she was met by a woman dressed in elabroate robes, holding a long staff which looked to be an emerald on the end, but the gem seemed to have a black tinge to it. The lady introduced herself as Demisette Cloyce, a powerful warlock, which was a term unheard of to Cerysa.

Her interest piqued, Cerysa started asking questions. What are you? What do you do? What can you do? After being shown the summoning of a demon known as a Voidwalker, Cerysa was completely intoxicated. Over the next three years she studied and honed her skills as a warlock, aswell as an alchemist. Her alchemical abilities took a turn to the dark, making toxins and poisons.

At the age of 19 Cerysa became a full fledged warlock after summoning her very first, and only, demon. A felhunter named Haanom. Although she loved her new found abilities and spells as a warlock, she didn't like the way her alchemy had turned. Starting from where she left off 3 years ago, the next 5 years of Cerysa's life were dedicated to training in the alchemical arts.

Now at the age of 25, Cerysa found herself in the Alterac Mountains, searching for rare herbs she could use in her potions and salves. Whilst bending down to pick a few Wintersbite, her demon Haanom could hear something, Cerysa bolted upright and followed to the sound of a man shrieking: Cut, battered and bruised. His armour was torn, soaked in blood, his tabard was cut to shreds. He was muttering about his fellow party still out fighting the scourge. Mustering up what she could, Cerysa opened up a summoning portal, to the man's initial disgust, to get his party members out of trouble. All of the man's party members clambered through the portal, but a few members of the scourge raid they were attacking followed them. Thrusting her hand in her pocket, Cerysa picked out a little purple seed and threw it at the largest corpse. After a couple of seconds the seed swelled, exploding and taking out all of the enemies with surrounding with it.

5 of the people she just saved looked upon the scene in horror, but a sixth looked at the young warlock's courage, and willingness to help. This sixth person, by the name of Argent Officer Pureheart. She explained about what happened, they were attacking a group of scourge who had strayed from the borders of the town of Andorhal. They thought that with the low number of scourge in the group they could easily overwhelm them, but they were unfortunately wrong. Cerysa was taken to Chillwind Camp and introduced to Alchemist Arbington, a man who she had previously worked with in the city of Stormwind. She had learnt the story behind the plague cauldrons on the farms, and the plan to neutralise them. She was asked to stay and help, to the behest of some of the people at camp.

Now, at the age of 27, the cure for the cauldrons is nearly finalised. Many agents have gone out and tried the many previous concoctions used to render the cauldrons useless, but had not been fully successful. The time has come for Cerysa to organise a party of adventurers to help her administer the cure for the cauldrons. This act could grant her a permanant place among the members of the Argent Dawn.

Dress: Her current attire is the Tier 0.5 Deathmist set, which is her battle attire.
    Last edited by Bensaiten; 2010-06-30 at 03:21 PM.

I have serious doubts a warlock would be asked for help by the Argent Dawn or Darnassus...

The Argent Dawn are fighting the scourge which in turn was pretty much set in motion by demons, and I don't think The Dawn would use fire to fight fire.

Darnassus and the elves should practically loathe demons, there's a lot of evidence of this in game when a draenei player is thought to be an eredar. Even Malfurion kicked out and exiled his own brother for what he became after obtaining demonic powers (from the skull if I'm not mistaken).

Also a warlock happily walking the streets of Stormwind? There's reason why the warlocks of Stormwind have their trainers hidden back in a tavern away from the public eye, that should more than say what's wrong with that. There's even a Warlock only quest that consists of killing a noble that's planning to give away the location of the Warlock place (quest can be found here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:A_Noble_Brew_%282%29)

And also... demons have no love for anything, trying to treat a Fel-Hunter with love instead of like a tool is like expressing your love for a toaster (no offense, but I see demons as tools of destruction and that alone).
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Yea I gotta say that most of what a warlock is, is hate and a love for destruction. I'm sure the only reason either side allows them to exist is because they can be mutually of use. Now as for the argent dawn id wager they might use the skills of a warlock if only for consulting and alchemical reasons, but I'm sure membership with them is out of the question. (Tirion allowed Wilfrid Fizzlebang is attend the tourney ofc). Now you can say that she prefers her fel hound to other demons and keeps him summoned all the time, that could show a "Love" for it I just wouldn't make it love her back as fel hounds are pretty mindless, they just want to eat energy most of the time and I'm sure he doen't really like being on azeroth all to much.

So, basically, to be a warlock I have to fit into the mould of what everyone else is?

Don't mean for that to sound rude either, all feedback is welcomed.
    Last edited by Bensaiten; 2010-06-27 at 09:21 AM.

Quite wrong, Elizabeth. Care to explain Wilfred Fizzlebang and the countless Warlocks standing at the Argent Tournament? When you talk to them, they even say stuff along the lines such as 'no longer must we hide, finally out here on the battlefield, our power is recognized' or some variants thereof

Well, to add my thought on that, I thought that the races were getting more tolerable of the classes they don't like...sure, they don't want anything to do with the knowledge they have (mainly Locks here) but, they do have their uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanir View Post
    Quite wrong, Elizabeth. Care to explain Wilfred Fizzlebang and the countless Warlocks standing at the Argent Tournament? When you talk to them, they even say stuff along the lines such as 'no longer must we hide, finally out here on the battlefield, our power is recognized' or some variants thereof
    Yes I am aware of the warlocks of the tourney, but you have to take into consideration that the tourney is being held by the Argent Crusade, lead by Tirion, who is tolerant enough to accept and forgive death knights, so the Warlocks are allowed in as well due to a more tolerant leader.

Now the Argent Dawn though? I doubt they, before the events at Light Hope Chapel, would have willingly accepted neither Death Knight or Warlocks or Shadow Priests into their ranks. And since she clearly stated that she worked for the Argent Dawn, and not Argent Crusade, and also further down confirmed this by talking about the cauldrons (which is something over at the plaguelands from what I remember), making it possible that she's working with them before the events of Light Hope, I'm inclined to believe she's with the Dawn instead of The Crusade (which to my understanding are two different bodies, the second being the one accepting demons and scourge as help).

Now about the Warlock thing, you could probably go with the emotions you want as a warlock, but if you want to go with acceptance around yourself, you'd do good explaining something like "Times have changed for the better, now we aren't shunned by society." (which would be good, since it would add more to the story, and that's what should happen, more story = better). This also bring me back to an example of Death Knights yet again. The first time you enter into Stormwind, you are thrown rotten food and spat on, after the King himself proclaims you as an ally though, people begin to accept you (although some of them might be doing so unwillingly).

Sure you can also disregard all I say and wait for someone else like Madgod to help you out.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

Well, with my timescale am thinking that it would be after DKs have been accepted into the ranks of Alliance/Horde. With the plague cauldrons am thinking, they've been there for what, 5 years now, and it might just be fun to have a story which actually deals with them being permanantly purified...not the 'adventurer go purify them' then send the next one out to do the exact same thing, like what happens in game (if I'm making sense).

With the whole Darnassus bit, wasn't actually thinking about what the Nelves might think of that...may just have to change that detail to Stormwind seeing as Cerysa would probably be killed on sight when entering Darnassus (on the timescale that is).

And, with the 'loving the Fel Hunter' part...was just playing on the fact that she was a farmer, respect for all creatures that help you out with the jobs you have to do as opposed to using them primarily as tools.

Anyhow, looks like I have a wee bit of work to do. On a side not, do we have to post a bio for each of our RP chars?

Quote Originally Posted by Bensaiten View Post
    Well, with my timescale am thinking that it would be after DKs have been accepted into the ranks of Alliance/Horde. With the plague cauldrons am thinking, they've been there for what, 5 years now, and it might just be fun to have a story which actually deals with them being permanantly purified...not the 'adventurer go purify them' then send the next one out to do the exact same thing, like what happens in game (if I'm making sense).

With the whole Darnassus bit, wasn't actually thinking about what the Nelves might think of that...may just have to change that detail to Stormwind seeing as Cerysa would probably be killed on sight when entering Darnassus (on the timescale that is).

And, with the 'loving the Fel Hunter' part...was just playing on the fact that she was a farmer, respect for all creatures that help you out with the jobs you have to do as opposed to using them primarily as tools.

Anyhow, looks like I have a wee bit of work to do. On a side not, do we have to post a bio for each of our RP chars?
    That depends, are you considering posting a bio on the Fel Hunter? If you want to post a bio on a pet, I guess you can go ahead, but it's not needed. I'm considering posting bio's of my characters (on my signature) and one of the bios I want to post is of Hummer (lion pet) but I don't think it's necessary.

Now though, if it's a different person you're making, I'd say you should make a bio for them separately.

Finally I think the whole cauldron thing is a great idea, in fact it could play out great as an RP in the forums, but you'd have to change some stuff... maybe you can play the role of the alchemist, but under disguise as a simple alchemist and not right out open warlock. In fact I believe that could work out greatly, a warlock that, although uses her abilities to help, has to keep herself disguised in order to work, your Fel hunter could probably be put on a disguise as well, if I'm not mistaken there are several demons that can take forms to deceive human beings (one of them that I'm referring to are involved in several old world quests, currently I can remember of a hunter quest and of a priest quest).

Warlocks have it rough.

Every race, save blood elves and the forsaken, abhor warlocks. The only places that they can train are the hidden cellars and dark places. The warlocks of the world are accepted, though barely.lieves wholl

The argent dawn takes anyone who believes wholly in the Light. Nevertheless, I doubt they would take a warlock in as a member. If you helped them for a short time, then maybe, but It'd have to probably be rather trying circumstances.

I can understand that an ex-farmer would have affection for the creatures that they work with, but perhaps "love" is a bit too strong a word.

and yes, you have to have multiple posts if you want more than one character.

So, timescale wise, would the Argent Dawn not take on any warlock/DK types of people? Saying they take on members who wholly believe in the light, they have made exception for a druid and shaman (if the Tauren is a shaman, I forget) at Light's Hope.

So, instead of being a member of the Dawn, how about a hired alchemist to help to neutralise the plague cauldrons of the Plaguelands? Building on this also, rather than hiding the fact that I'm a warlock, it could be considered a 'necessary evil' to have her helping them. The members of the Dawn at Chillwind Point don't like it one bit, but they do need her help. And, as above, love is a bit of a strong word I guess...affection is more than good enough!

I know exactly what quests you're on about Mistress Elizabeth, that demon in Winterspring still haunts me to this very day (took me ages to do it, one lock kept banising it thinking it was helping...absolute nightmare!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Warlocks have it rough.

Every race, save blood elves and the forsaken, abhor warlocks. The only places that they can train are the hidden cellars and dark places. The warlocks of the world are accepted, though barely.lieves wholl

The argent dawn takes anyone who believes wholly in the Light. Nevertheless, I doubt they would take a warlock in as a member. If you helped them for a short time, then maybe, but It'd have to probably be rather trying circumstances.

I can understand that an ex-farmer would have affection for the creatures that they work with, but perhaps "love" is a bit too strong a word.

and yes, you have to have multiple posts if you want more than one character.
    Just a bit wrong, my dear Maddy. The Argent Dawn will accept ANYONE (save the unsavory such as warlocks, death knights, and Forsaken unless they have proved themselves)as long as they uphold the virtues of the Light; they don't necessarily have to believe in it.
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

So, as with what Mosher says, does that mean to join the Dawn I could, for example, of helped one of it's members through certain circumstance say, for example...instead of going from the AD in Darn to WPL/EPL I could of:

Helped an injured Dawn member summon his group of soldiers/sorcerers etc etc out of trouble with a group of scourge they were being overwhelmed by? For example.

The only thing i can think of is you did something so extraordinary that they make you kind of an honorary member, not technically a full member but accepted as a person friendly to their cause and whom they can trust.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mosher is correct...most anyone simply need to uphold the virtues of The Light and strive to do the same works that the Dawn does in order to become a member.

Warlocks, Death Knights, and The Forsaken must prove their fealty and worth to the ideals of the Dawn through extraordinary means, though trusted members of the Ebon Blade may find it easier to join the Dawn than the other two groups.

I don't believe it necessarily means feats of heroism, per se, though. What I think it requires is, mainly, a long-standing demonstration that they can trust the person whom is petitioning, such as myriad of selfless acts against the Scourge in the name of the Dawn, along with proofs of the deeds (i.e.; scourge marks). Even this, though...on a case by case basis, may not be enough. However, such long-lived proof of fealty to them may endear one enough to a ranking officer that they beseech the ruling council on the petitioner's behalf, putting their own reputation on the line to sponsor their membership.

As I say to everyone, just edit the first post for any revisions, it makes it a lot easier for the moderators and other people who look at the character, as well as when we have to look at your character for a closed RP, if you choose to try and get into one.

Done, it's all now available at the top of the page.

Bumping up to the first page...feedback appreciated :3

Much better, you explain how she became a warlock, gave a background about her profession, and finally a story of how she entered the dawn. It's better than before.